R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 12-16-2007, 01:27 AM   #1
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to playboy Send a message via Skype™ to playboy
Questions?? what is thermal shutdown???????????????

i am wondering what thermal shutdown is on the gtb's

thanks
peter
playboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 04:15 AM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to mafiaracers Send a message via MSN to mafiaracers

ESC gets too hot and turns itself off ....protection feature.

MAFIA MOTORSPORTS
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-items-sale-trade/168239-pit-board.html

TEAM WAVE
www.teamwaveonline.com

TQ Racing Wire
www.tqracing.com
mafiaracers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 07:17 AM   #3
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

here is what novaks website defines as thermal protection

What is THERMAL PROTECTION and how does it work?
Thermal Protection is a built-in sensor which shuts down the MOSFET(s) when its temperature exceeds a preset level. In our high-frequency ESCs and our Chargers, this temperature is 230F (110C). The Thermal Protection circuitry provides protection from overloads. Some of our ESCs have Dual-Level Thermal Protection, which cuts the throttle in half when the ESC's temperature reaches unsafe levels. If the temperature continues to climb, the ESC will shut down.

Go to this page, it will explain alot of other things to dealing with ESC's
http://www.teamnovak.com/tech_info/e...min/index.html
tuffthegamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 07:46 AM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

thermal shutdown = good insurance
Old 12-16-2007, 09:11 AM   #5
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

There is no emoticon (smiley) that can express my astonishment, maybe if you combined all of these-> I hope to God that one of these Three things is the reason behind you starting this thread.
A) You are in elementary school (which would be why you can't use deductive reasoning to figure out what "Thermal Shutdown" is).
B) You are somebody in another country that doesn't speak English (although Castaic, CA is in the U.S., but hey maybe your a transplant).or,
C) You are joking (if so, I don't get it)
If by some chance that none of the aforementioned reasons are true (more than likely the case), then you sir, are an idiot. Allow me to break it down for ya nice and slooooooow. Thermal, hey that word is almost like thermometer, HMMM, what does a thermometer do? It measures temperature. That must mean thermal has something to do with temperature, but is it hot or cold (more on this later)? Shutdown... You obviously know how to use a computer (although your lack of capitalization and punctuation leads me to believe otherwise). So all you would of had to do is click "start" down in the bottom left corner of your screen and move your mouse over to the button that says "Shut Down". If for some reason my instructions were not simple enough for you to understand, I made a pretty picture that might help explain it (see below). Now put the two together (Thermal and Shutdown that is) and you will come to find (and all on your own I might add) that thermal shutdown means that if my speed control gets too cold then its gonna shut down, but wait that wouldn't make much sense, because speed controls get hotter as you use them. Don't worry though, the genius engineers over at Novak figured that out too, so rather that make it to where the speed control shuts itself off when it gets too cold (like you were probably thinking), it shuts itself off when it gets too hot. So, now that I have insulted your intelligence, explained to you how to use deductive reasoning, and explained what thermal shutdown is, the internet is a better place. On the other hand if one of the listed reasons is true, I'm sorry for insulting you, and wasting everyones time (although I'm sure someone might find my ranting funny). Now don't everyone go and get there panties all in a bunch over me flaming this guy, I don't care if someone asks a questions (albeit a very very simple one). I just think people should do a little more research before starting a new thread.
Attached Thumbnails
what is thermal shutdown???????????????-internet-full-tards.jpg  
Old 12-16-2007, 12:17 PM   #6
Tech Adept

wow thanks a lot now i know what thermal shutdown is hereing it form such a knowlegable person like yourself
Old 12-16-2007, 12:26 PM   #7
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to K_King

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifuonlyknew View Post
There is no emoticon (smiley) that can express my astonishment, maybe if you combined all of these-> I hope to God that one of these Three things is the reason behind you starting this thread.
A) You are in elementary school (which would be why you can't use deductive reasoning to figure out what "Thermal Shutdown" is).
B) You are somebody in another country that doesn't speak English (although Castaic, CA is in the U.S., but hey maybe your a transplant).or,
If by some chance that none of the aforementioned reasons are true (more than likely the case), then you sir, are an idiot. Allow me to break it down for ya nice and slooooooow. Thermal, hey that word is almost like thermometer, HMMM, what does a thermometer do? It measures temperature. That must mean thermal has something to do with temperature, but is it hot or cold (more on this later)? Shutdown... You obviously know how to use a computer (although your lack of capitalization and punctuation leads me to believe otherwise). So all you would of had to do is click "start" down in the bottom left corner of your screen and move your mouse over to the button that says "Shut Down". If for some reason my instructions were not simple enough for you to understand, I made a pretty picture that might help explain it (see below). Now put the two together (Thermal and Shutdown that is) and you will come to find (and all on your own I might add) that thermal shutdown means that if my speed control gets too cold then its gonna shut down, but wait that wouldn't make much sense, because speed controls get hotter as you use them. Don't worry though, the genius engineers over at Novak figured that out too, so rather that make it to where the speed control shuts itself off when it gets too cold (like you were probably thinking), it shuts itself off when it gets too hot. So, now that I have insulted your intelligence, explained to you how to use deductive reasoning, and explained what thermal shutdown is, the internet is a better place. On the other hand if one of the listed reasons is true, I'm sorry for insulting you, and wasting everyones time (although I'm sure someone might find my ranting funny). Now don't everyone go and get there panties all in a bunch over me flaming this guy, I don't care if someone asks a questions (albeit a very very simple one). I just think people should do a little more research before starting a new thread.

Funny you call him an idiot, insult his intelligence and spelling, but you don't know the difference between YOUR and YOU'RE.
Old 12-16-2007, 12:55 PM   #8
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Wow ifuonlyknew, I would hate to race with you. Name calling doesn't belong in R/C racing or these forums. If he can't speak english, he can write it. Maybe you're just a basher and know nothing about helping other racers.
desertraton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 01:37 PM   #9
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertraton View Post
Wow ifuonlyknew, I would hate to race with you. Name calling doesn't belong in R/C racing or these forums. If he can't speak english, he can write it. Maybe you're just a basher and know nothing about helping other racers.
thanks for the help guys
Old 12-16-2007, 03:20 PM   #10
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifuonlyknew View Post

Your an a$$.

If you only spent this much time being helpfull......
Old 12-16-2007, 04:34 PM   #11
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

NOT ONLY HAS HE LEARNED WHAT "THERMAL SHUTDOWN" IS

HE ALONG WITH THE REST OF US HAVE LEARNED WHAT AN A$$ THAT YOU ARE.

I LOVE LEARNING NEW THINGS EVERY DAY HE GOT A BONUS AND LEARNED 2 NEW THINGS ,,,, HE HE HE
jslider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 06:12 PM   #12
Tech Initiate

Someone needs a hug.
Donovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 06:23 PM   #13
Tech Adept

Whoa, we got an online forum tough guy, wonder what he is feeling inadequate about in real life...
absoluttorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 11:03 PM   #14
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

no love as a child.
action135 is offline   Reply With Quote