R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   ROAR Off Road Class Committee (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/195749-roar-off-road-class-committee.html)

Dawn Sanchez 12-15-2007 08:26 AM

ROAR Off Road Class Committee

ROAR is in need of forming an off road electric class committee. The committee is responsible for making recommendations to ROAR leadership regarding nationals selections, rule changes/additions/deletions and
maintaining communciation with the ROAR excom of potential ideas that will increase off road electric racing within the ROAR membership.

anybody interested must have current ROAR membership, or renew/apply for new prior to joining the committee and please, contact me at [email protected] as soon as possible.

Thanks!

AndyMoore 12-15-2007 12:07 PM

Are there any qualifications necessary (other than being a ROAR member)?

Dawn Sanchez 12-15-2007 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by AndyMoore (Post 3975022)
Are there any qualifications necessary (other than being a ROAR member)?

Internet access and an interest in building the class and style of racing and working wtih ROAR leadership in the process.

:)

AndyMoore 12-15-2007 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez (Post 3975041)
Internet access and an interest in building the class and style of racing and working wtih ROAR leadership in the process.

Im glad I made it through that rigorous process, sign me up!

Dawn Sanchez 12-15-2007 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by AndyMoore (Post 3975482)
Im glad I made it through that rigorous process, sign me up!

Just need you to send me an email... sorry, gotta do this right....

[email protected]

johnnyboy 12-15-2007 05:22 PM

E mail sent. :tire:

AndyMoore 12-15-2007 06:48 PM

email sent.

Dawn Sanchez 12-15-2007 07:41 PM

wow!! What a response from this one thread today! I have never seen so many views and responses in my email box for a ROAR 'thing'!! :)

I'm really pleased to let you guys know that we have received 8 interested parties to form this committee from all different walks of experience in off road electric and whats funny is.. I know all of ya... :)

I would love to have a MFG representative on board.. suggestions anyone?

party_wagon 12-15-2007 07:59 PM

I guess we should just strap .21 nitros to all our cars and call them electrics since they use batteries to power the servos.

swopemike 12-15-2007 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez (Post 3975794)
I would love to have a MFG representative on board.. suggestions anyone?

Novak, a ROAR affiliate, generating massive revenue from elec offroad, probably has a vested interest in participating. I'd think it would be relatively easy to sell them on supporting the committee.

ChrisWolfson 12-15-2007 08:37 PM

I was even going to mention Jim or Scooter over at Tekin. Obviously they have the same vested interest in 1/10 electric.

Dawn Sanchez 12-16-2007 08:21 AM

Tekin and Novak.. awesome. Novak is currently on the on road electric committee but Jim Campbell isn't involved at the committee level so far... I'm very sure he would be interested. I think I'll give him a call..

Or.. JIM.... call me!! :)

desertraton 12-16-2007 07:57 PM

How big is this committee going to be? By the response you got, you might have a full committee. I'm a pit dad and would assist if needed, I'm not a member but can join to make it a family membership.

Dawn Sanchez 12-17-2007 02:19 PM

Thank you so much for all your responses!!! We have taken many applications to be part of the off road committee and have received a request from a well known electric industry member for our committee.

For now, we'll have to close the applications to be part of the committee and you'll (if you sent me email) will hear from me in the very near future. With the holiday coming, please, allow me some time.... :)

Again, thank you so much for all your willingnes to help in our ROAR rules and off road electric racing!

Dawn Sanchez

Jason Pelletier 12-17-2007 03:46 PM

Legalize lipo's and Mary Jane !!!!