Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Most popular(best) brushless combo for B44

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 07:36 PM
Tech Adept

Default Most popular(best) brushless combo for B44

I will be getting a B44 tomorrow and need to decide on a brushless system. I have a Mamba in my RC10T4 which I used to race once in awhile and I also have a Mamba in my RC18T which I just use to practice in my basement (a little over powered but it amazingly still hooks up). The B44 will be used pretty much only for racing but I've never had a 4WD buggy (or a buggy for that matter). It seems the most popular combo is the Novak GTB 6.5, would this be the best balance for racing? I don't want to be over powered and not be able to control it, but it is a 4WD so it should handle more power. I also want to smoke the 1/8 buggies on the straights once I get used to the handling. Thanks in advance for your help and sorry for the noob type question.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:54 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

The Mamba system a 5700 or if you want more the 6900 will work well for your car but if you wanted something else my buddy run for Orion and uses the LRP TC speedo with the Orion 6.5 and it has all the power you will ever need to race with.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:57 PM
Tech Master

Get the Novak GTB (spread spektrum if 2.4 ghz radio)with a 5.5 Light motor that has the soft smooth throttle on the bottom and more top end than a 5.5R motor. I use this combo and have an 18 tooth pinion on it.
Old 12-12-2007, 07:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by absoluttorque
I will be getting a B44 tomorrow and need to decide on a brushless system. I have a Mamba in my RC10T4 which I used to race once in awhile and I also have a Mamba in my RC18T which I just use to practice in my basement (a little over powered but it amazingly still hooks up). The B44 will be used pretty much only for racing but I've never had a 4WD buggy (or a buggy for that matter). It seems the most popular combo is the Novak GTB 6.5, would this be the best balance for racing? I don't want to be over powered and not be able to control it, but it is a 4WD so it should handle more power. I also want to smoke the 1/8 buggies on the straights once I get used to the handling. Thanks in advance for your help and sorry for the noob type question.
Get a LRP Sphere TC spec and a LRP Vector 5.5 or 6.5 and be done with it. If you are racing, you will want to use a sensored system.

Both Ryan Maifield and I (factory LRP/AE drivers) use this set-up and it works very well.

My second choice would be a Novak system. Anything other than these is taking a step in the wrong (backwards) direction.
Old 12-12-2007, 07:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
The Mamba system a 5700 or if you want more the 6900 will work well for your car but if you wanted something else my buddy run for Orion and uses the LRP TC speedo with the Orion 6.5 and it has all the power you will ever need to race with.
Dont get Mamba get a Novak or Lrp
Old 12-12-2007, 08:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Lrp Tc Spec and Novak 5.5r sintered.
Old 12-12-2007, 01:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I have the car built but I am thinking of putting in the GTB with an Orion 5.5.

The Tekin R1 Pro brushless system comes out this week So I am holding off until I can read more about it. Either way I am going with the Orion 5.5 motor.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:28 PM
Tech Adept

Looks like it's between the LRP, Novak and new Tekin. Is the new Tekin sensored? I'm thinking of going with something similar to the Novak GTB 6.5 which seems to be the most popular brushless system in this buggy.
Old 12-12-2007, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

LRP Sphere Comp and Orion 5.5... or a Novak 5.5 if you want mixed breeds....

Tekin is sensorless like the Mamba for what that's worth.

btw, Castle does have new software and even new motors in the pipeline.... I'm not about to say when, but it's definitely in the works... and just might silence the crtics, who tend to be Novak guys btw.
Old 12-12-2007, 09:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

i used to run novak stuff until i found the mamba systems.. they are efficient.. super powerful and smooth to boot...

i will never go back to a novak system .. i did and it cost me the race.. due to thermal.. dont have to worry about that with the mamba system...
the mamba is perfectly fine for racing and is infinatly adjustable and has more paramaters than the gtb could dream of... just a few mins messing around on the computer you can learn about what the different stuff does and set it to how you like it.. set it run it change some stuff run it.. i love my mamba and will never go back. PERIOD
Old 12-13-2007, 03:46 AM
Tech Adept

Man this choice isn't going to be easy. I already have 2 mamba systems but I don't race much with those cars and the bearings in my T4 mamba detonated after not having the unit for long and I've been waiting for a replacement for almost 2 weeks. But hopefully that motor issue isn't common in the mamba. I guess it's back to square one with deciding on brushless systems.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

well ive had my 5700 for quite some time.. and havent had any issues with it.. at all.. it never overheats..
but you gotta remember to oil the bearings every once and awhile.. thats it.. if you already have a mamba system just go get another... that way if any of your systems go.. its under warrenty again.WOOT WOOT. lol
castle creations customer service is usually quick and great.. but they have some new motors and escs that are coming out so they stopped production on the old motors..
be paitent young grasshopper when they are at full swing again.. probably in a couple weeks.. im sure they will take care of ya..
Old 12-15-2007, 01:55 PM
Tech Adept

You've got my wheels turning, I was pretty set on a LRP or Novak brushless system, but I may have to check it out. Maybe rolling out these new motors is why it has taken them 2 weeks so far to get me my replacement motor for my T4.v Anyways, have any specs? I'm leaning mainly towards LRP now because I'm worried about the thermal shut down in GTBs. I'm thinking a LRP 6.5 w/ 19T pinion.
Old 12-15-2007, 06:34 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by absoluttorque
buy the gtb...you'll love it
I use the 7.5R brushless system and with a 19 tooth it does have plenty of speed.

Last edited by bmaglinger; 12-15-2007 at 06:38 PM. Reason: more info needed
Old 12-15-2007, 07:15 PM
Tech Master

Novak GTBs were 1 and 2 in the B44s that raced today at my track. The winner had a Novak 4.5 and 2nd place had a Novak 5.5L motor.

Sensored is for racing!
Sensorless is for bashing!

Most of the sensorless Mamba racers have switched to the sensored Novak system!!!

I love my Novak GTB spread spektrum ESC and Novak 5.5L (Light) motor in my B44! Use an 18 tooth pinion.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.