Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Most popular(best) brushless combo for B44

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 03:22 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by NJA82
The couple of guys here that are either payed by Castle Creations or sponsored by them should really back off a little and let the guy make up his own mind, Seems the most posts in this thread are pushing the Mamba ESC`s like its Castle creations own forum and they are advertising in the thread......and yet have a look at what all the pro`s run.... do you see any Castle Creations systems? No because they arent ROAR legal and honestly whats the point in running a non legal motor... would make it harder to ever sell 2nd hand and would not be allowed in any sanctioned events if you ever wanted to attend one. The Novak and LRP systems seem to be more racer freindly and have a larger choice of motor options, and Novaks warranty is one of the best out there and so is there customer support.

Not to knock the Castle systems in any way, just trying to promote the other ( 2 most popular and winning systems in the industry BTW ) systems as they arent getting much respect in this thread.....
Well said!
Old 12-19-2007, 05:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

put in simple terms,

Novak and LRP are like Mercedes Benz AMG and BMW M3

Castle Creations is like a Suzuki Swift.

Old 12-19-2007, 10:26 AM
Tech Adept

Hey guys, thanks for all of the responses. It will definitely be between a LRP and Novak. My B44 will be used 99% percent of the time on a track, whether it be my own or a shop's so I want consistency.

I'm leaning more towards the GTB (not sure how it compares to the LRP, but it seems to be the most popular and with sintered rotor it doesn't thermal much, if at all anymore) because of the warranty and customer service. I have decided this especially after castle creations has taken over 3 weeks to ship out a replacement motor (under warranty since the motor bearing exploded after only 5 packs on clean dry asphalt, and it was undergeared, I use a temp. gun) and responded to my status request e-mail after the 3rd attempt to contact them, (6 days after the original e-mail) and it still hasn't gone out by the way.

I'll keep my other 2 mamba systems in my RC18T and RC10T4 until they detonate since they mostly bash, but I'm hoping the GTB will be an improvement, if so, I may pick up their 18th scale system when it comes out too. I'm not saying I disliked the performance of the Mamba, it has been good in the RC18T even though it's only been through 1 pack and it was good in the T4 once I removed the plugs and soldered it for the one pack I got to test it out with. I'm looking forward to running it in the T4 because it does seem fast and smooth, but I've only bashed, I will try some carpet racing with it after the holidays.

Sorry for the long post.
Old 12-19-2007, 10:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

The couple of guys here that are either payed by Castle Creations or sponsored by them should really back off a little and let the guy make up his own mind, Seems the most posts in this thread are pushing the Mamba ESC`s like its Castle creations own forum and they are advertising in the thread......and yet have a look at what all the pro`s run.... do you see any Castle Creations systems? No because they arent ROAR legal and honestly whats the point in running a non legal motor... would make it harder to ever sell 2nd hand and would not be allowed in any sanctioned events if you ever wanted to attend one. The Novak and LRP systems seem to be more racer freindly and have a larger choice of motor options, and Novaks warranty is one of the best out there and so is there customer support.

Not to knock the Castle systems in any way, just trying to promote the other ( 2 most popular and winning systems in the industry BTW ) systems as they arent getting much respect in this thread.....
im not paid by castle...
nor do i race for them.. i wish i could..
the mamba is a affordable.. POWERFUL and capable system.
SINCE IVE OWNED BOTH NOVAK GTB 3.5r 6.5r and 10.5r ss5800 ss4800 AND MAMBA SYSTEMS..truefully i prefer the mambas... there IS less to go wrong on race day.. THEY ARE more adjustable. AND CAN BE TUNED ANYWAY YOU WANT.trust me i love novak to death.. but when it comes to my brushelless system thats in my race cars i have castle.. because i can make the esc/motor do WHAT I WANT not what novak decided to program into the esc for me.. the only real thing you can change on the novak esc is drag brake
sure no pros run it.. because they have to run roar legal stuff... and if your a pro nut jockey im sure anything that the pros arent using is junk.. if you havent really used or owned a mamba please dont diss it until you try it and mess around with it. cause you just might get bit.
i GURANTEE YOU that if ryan cavalari or somebody else raced with a mamba. they would love it.. due to the infinite adustability... and the power it creats.. and guess what... i bet they would still kick ass and take names with it..

so call me a retart for not running what the pros use.. so what i use what suits me best..
i get harrased for using a nomadio react radio.... oh why arent the pros using nomadio if its so great... why dont you use a m11.. guess what its cause the nomadio does what I want it too. im sorry i just might be the kinda person who likes technology.. and adjustability..

Originally Posted by magm20001
put in simple terms,

i really wish you wouldnt ever open your mouth on this thread again... you obviously dont know what your talking about..

do you know how many mamba escs ive seen or heard of just frying outta the blue.????? NONE ZERO ZIP....
THE ONLY one ive seen fried was being used in 1/8 scal application running on 14.8 volts..and a big neu 1515 1.5d/f brushless if you dont know thats one BIG motor and that was one.. it is the standard in our 1/8 electric buggys. and its standard in all my 1/10 cars
Old 12-19-2007, 11:09 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

put in simple terms,

Only thing I will say is around my area we have an awful lot of Mercedes and BMW getting their ass handed to them by the Suzuki (more like Hayabusa though). Pretty sad for the beating they take with such inferior equipment I use to.
Old 12-19-2007, 12:15 PM
Tech Adept

Good responses, I hate to say it but I think myself, like a lot of people look to what the pros use, which is why companies spend so much to spnsor drivers.

I guess my thing is the support, or lack there of, that I received when I called Castle, sure, they responded in a couple days and said they would exchange the motor, but after the initial contact, I have been waiting for 3 weeks and counting, so at this point I have a bad taste in my mouth since I under geared it and was driving my T4 on pavement that was not dusty and the motor went out in no time.

I've never raced a mamba, only brushed motors so I can't claim how they perform in a technical carpet or dirt track environment but you can't blame me for being a little ticked that the motor gave out so now I've built my B44 and I'm looking for a system, which happens to be at the same time I'm waiting to have my busted motor replaced.

I don't want anyone to think I am bashing Castle, this was my one experience, before it happened though my T4 was a rocket and my 18T is also. So now I'm just a bit confused because what I buy next I'd like to stick with, I don't really want 3 different brushless systems.
Old 12-19-2007, 12:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

Originally Posted by absoluttorque

I guess my thing is the support, or lack there of, that I received when I called Castle, sure, they responded in a couple days and said they would exchange the motor, but after the initial contact, I have been waiting for 3 weeks and counting, so at this point I have a bad taste in my mouth since I under geared it and was driving my T4 on pavement that was not dusty and the motor went out in no time.

So now I'm just a bit confused because what I buy next I'd like to stick with, I don't really want 3 different brushless systems.
'
i do not understand what is going on with castle.. i know they are in the middle of getting new motors in they had a bad batch..
luckily i got a older motor.. the 5700 and the 6900 and id havent had a single problem with them for the past year..
castles customer support is just as good as novaks ive noticed.. but they ask less questions

castle has a new 1/10 esc and motor coming out.. so that may be the lack of response to the motor..
im sorry you had a bad experience.. but if i were you id call the place. and ask what is going on.. it cant hurt and can only get you awnsers..

if you already own two mamba systems.. id just keep it in the family.. that way parts are interchangable..
you fry a esc.. LIKE THAT WILL HAPPEN anyhow. you can just pull it out of your other rig you dont race as much.. or vica versa...

they are waiting on new motors .. so thats probably why you havent recived one. they could send you another crappy one and hope that it works for you but why take the risk.. id be happy they decided to wait for the new motors before sending anyone out some from the supposed bad batch'

you do not gear brushless motors how you gear brushed motors
lets say your running hte 5700... and you normally run a ten turn .. take the pinon that you run on that and toss it out the window.. youll want to go up two teeth minum for a tight track and three or more for a open track the brushless motors
when there isnt a load placed on the motor.. they overrev and blow up. they actually prefer load.. they will keep pulling and pulling.
Old 12-19-2007, 12:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

put in simple terms,

You must mean the Suzuki Escudo!

Later,
Old 12-19-2007, 12:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by absoluttorque
Good responses, I hate to say it but I think myself, like a lot of people look to what the pros use, which is why companies spend so much to spnsor drivers.

I've never raced a mamba, only brushed motors so I can't claim how they perform in a technical carpet or dirt track environment but you can't blame me for being a little ticked that the motor gave out so now I've built my B44 and I'm looking for a system, which happens to be at the same time I'm waiting to have my busted motor replaced.

I don't want anyone to think I am bashing Castle, this was my one experience, before it happened though my T4 was a rocket and my 18T is also. So now I'm just a bit confused because what I buy next I'd like to stick with, I don't really want 3 different brushless systems.
Go with what ever you feel the most comfortable with. I have Mamba systems as well as LRP and have ran the Novak systems. All of them are good they all have their pros and cons and everybody has a different opinion. This is where you just have to choose which one you believe you will be the happiest with.

You also have a PM about your motor.

Later,
Old 12-19-2007, 04:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I'm one happy and very satisfied Novak customer!

Nothing but problem-free running for more than a year and a half of racing with their brushless systems (GTB/SS+,Velociti/SS)!

I only experienced their great customer service once, so far, when I non-warranty exchanged an SS5800 for a ribbed and sintered 6.5R.
Old 12-19-2007, 10:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Actually... I don't see it that way at all. Some of us are required to set the record straight after the Mamba gets trashed on by Novak sponsored guys.

We have to drop the crap about "how horrible the MM is and how it cogs and how everyone has problems..." Not true. If you don't like the feel of the MM, fine. Leave it at that.

Read the Mamba threads and you find a few issues, but that the vast majority are satisfied customers and Castle has a great reputation for taking care of customers. The only issue with service is that once in a while they have items on backorder. Their service is the best imo and it's not even close.

I have no connection to Castle at all btw. As a matter of fact, in this thread I have been very blunt and critical of Castle where it's due.

I like my LRP Sphere Comp for a super smooth feel.
Old 12-19-2007, 10:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

put in simple terms,

No.. more accurate would be:

Castle is like a Dodge Viper SRT

I would say Corvette Z06, but it spanks the MB and BMW on the track LOL

The Mamba is obviously the "big block" of the group... raw horsepower.
Old 12-20-2007, 04:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by glassdoctor
No.. more accurate would be:

Castle is like a Dodge Viper SRT

I would say Corvette Z06, but it spanks the MB and BMW on the track LOL

The Mamba is obviously the "big block" of the group... raw horsepower.

Later,
Old 12-20-2007, 05:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by glassdoctor
Actually... I don't see it that way at all. Some of us are required to set the record straight after the Mamba gets trashed on by Novak sponsored guys.

We have to drop the crap about "how horrible the MM is and how it cogs and how everyone has problems..." Not true. If you don't like the feel of the MM, fine. Leave it at that.

Read the Mamba threads and you find a few issues, but that the vast majority are satisfied customers and Castle has a great reputation for taking care of customers. The only issue with service is that once in a while they have items on backorder. Their service is the best imo and it's not even close.

I have no connection to Castle at all btw. As a matter of fact, in this thread I have been very blunt and critical of Castle where it's due.

I like my LRP Sphere Comp for a super smooth feel.
Umm.. i think you misunderstood my point man, i wasnt trying to bash the castle systems in any way, they are very powerfull, reliable etc. i was simply stating that for RACING and legality reasons the novak and LRP systems seem to be more popular. I think you must have read another persons post and quoted me, if not, please re read posts before quoting them.....
Old 12-20-2007, 07:19 AM
TeQ
Tech Apprentice

My maiden run with the B44 went awesome. When I brought it inside after the first 10 min run of it's life, my GTB Spread Spectrum model decided to assplode.

Was running the GTB Spread Spectrum, 4.5 "Light", DS1015, MaxAmps 5500mah Saddle Pack 2s and a Spektrum SR3000.

Popping, pink magic smoke and bad things.

Sending it in under warranty. I had the ESC turned off and I straightened the front wheel out (turning the servo) when the esc started popping and smoking. Strange huh?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.