R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 12-04-2007, 10:20 PM   #1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default how long before AE comes out with new kits?

How long do you gys think it will be before AE comes out with new buggy and truck kits? I hope not for a long time cause I have just barely got my t4 running
C_Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 10:32 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to mafiaracers Send a message via MSN to mafiaracers

You have to believe that after all this time since the B4/T4 release...what was it...2003? They HAVE to have some kind of CAD design worked out and they're probably doing some kind of uber secrete testing, but fact is, until they start getting beat, why change it?

I highly doubt that AE will come out with a completely revised car with new geometry and a boat load of goodies.....if anything, it will be a minor face-lift, with smoothed out edges, refined lines, newer/stronger materials and probably some weight configurations to accommodate lipo packs better....

but reality is, the B4 will be around for a while and that's a good thing as I JUST bought mine!

MAFIA MOTORSPORTS
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-items-sale-trade/168239-pit-board.html

TEAM WAVE
www.teamwaveonline.com

TQ Racing Wire
www.tqracing.com
mafiaracers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 10:46 PM   #3
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Yeah, I hope they don't change too much. I love my T4. It does pretty good for me. If they changed then the parts would start getting low and I'd be stuck having to search all over hell and back to get little parts.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
air8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 10:48 PM   #4
Tech Champion

Oh, plus you'd end up with people swapping new parts to old, and old part to new and then we'd end up with T 4 3/4 like some people are doing with the Losi trucks. Look at how many Losi trucks have been made. I don't have enough memory to keep track of all that.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
Old 12-04-2007, 11:00 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

associated needs to release an updated truck//buggy kit. I actually think it will be quite soon too. The gt2 uses many parts that are now raced on the t4 & the b44 uses several parts that are raced on the b4. Molds cost alot & producing them for no reason is pointless. Now that most of the parts already have molds available for an update it would be very easy and practical to update the kits. The only completely new part I would expect to see is a chasis w/ a wider battery trey. I would expect the team kit to remain the same, perhaps the more durable a-arms. Then the factory team kit would see the beefier arms,towers,better axles to keep the wheels truer.
party_wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 11:02 PM   #6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to xsxracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafiaracers View Post
You have to believe that after all this time since the B4/T4 release...what was it...2003? They HAVE to have some kind of CAD design worked out and they're probably doing some kind of uber secrete testing, but fact is, until they start getting beat, why change it?

I highly doubt that AE will come out with a completely revised car with new geometry and a boat load of goodies.....if anything, it will be a minor face-lift, with smoothed out edges, refined lines, newer/stronger materials and probably some weight configurations to accommodate lipo packs better....

but reality is, the B4 will be around for a while and that's a good thing as I JUST bought mine!
Ya i agree with you on that,I hope they come out with a Ae B44RS RTR that would be nice and sense electric is growing like crazy they just might but you still never now.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:10 PM   #7
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by party_wagon View Post
associated needs to release an updated truck//buggy kit. I actually think it will be quite soon too. The gt2 uses many parts that are now raced on the t4 & the b44 uses several parts that are raced on the b4. Molds cost alot & producing them for no reason is pointless. Now that most of the parts already have molds available for an update it would be very easy and practical to update the kits. The only completely new part I would expect to see is a chasis w/ a wider battery trey. I would expect the team kit to remain the same, perhaps the more durable a-arms. Then the factory team kit would see the beefier arms,towers,better axles to keep the wheels truer.
I'd would be kickass for the truck parts to interchange a little easier. Right now the towers are different, the arms, hubs (F/R), caster blocks, front lower bulkhead, hinge pins, and maybe some other small things. The way the handling is might be affected by these changes. Maybe not though. But I would like to have more parts compatability. Yes to the lipo friendly chassis too. But hell, the 6k Maxamps fits right now with no problem. But the IB 4200s sure take some force to get in there. LOL.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
Old 12-04-2007, 11:21 PM   #8
Tech Elite

The other thing to think about is...the next generation of race based kits will be designed around a mixture of both nimh and lipo weights. If you run a lipo with no ballast, the car drives like crap....a heavy car drives a million times better....even a 6C with extra weight feels nice to drive.

So, companies like AE, Losi, Kyosho, Academy etc will knowingly take into account that within a year or so, Lipo will be acceptable for all forms of racing. Therefore, the next step in chassis design will be a car that can run light and "feel" like it's heavy.

MAFIA MOTORSPORTS

TEAM WAVE
www.teamwaveonline.com

TQ Racing Wire
www.tqracing.com
Old 12-05-2007, 09:08 AM   #9
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Current kits are fine, they win all the time the way they are. Leave it alone, don't crash and it will last a long time. Get a stock motor to reduce the broken parts, stock is based on skill level, not speed only. My son races on the principal that slower is faster and now he is a front runner. We still have to replace parts but mostly due to wear and slop. The battery tray is ok the way it is now, too much slop and the bars will break loose. If you can't solder, buy some from promatched racing. They'll build your battery any way you want and they fit perfect. I've never had a bar come loose because they fit snugly in the tray. If you want lipo, buy team orion, they're made to fit nicely also.
desertraton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 10:08 AM   #10
Tech Addict

It'd be silly for AE to drop a new kit. The T4/B4 are kicking butt. Maybe a running update is likely in the works. That would be more AE's style. AE usually doesn't do a total redesign unless they are starting to get beat on the track quite a bit.
henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 10:11 AM   #11
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

AE just came out with a new kit - its called B44.

As for the T4 and B4 untill someone consistantly beats them, why? They are not out dated and they are still very competitive.

Af for parts being interchangable with the 10T and GT or the GT2 and T4, and what ever else is mis matched this is great, but if they will redesign the truck totally, chances are the parts may not be interchangeable.

I have owned my 10T since 92-93 and I can tell you that the rear dif and the stealth trans are almost exactly, with very small updates to my T4. The shocks on my 10T, T4, B3 and B44 are all the same and have not changed.

If they were to make a B5 or T5 it would be a slightly tweaked B4 or T4, which is not necessary right now.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:13 AM   #12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

When do you guys think losi actually released a new kit? I run a mixture of all the parts on my xxx-t to get what I believe is the best setup for a certain track. I mean, honestly. The xxx has been around since 2000. There are all sorts of interchange able parts for people who don't know about setting up a car. The same is becoming more true for ae.
party_wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 11:04 AM   #13
Tech Elite

my last losi was a combination of all 3 kits....I've yet to see an AE driver taking stuff off any other kit to make their cars get around the track in such a dominant way.

In building my kit...just last week, one thing i'd like to see would be more beef in the caster block/spindles...they look too skinny...maybe include a narrower and heavier main chassis with more flex but other than that, you can't argue with the wins they produce with the CURRENT kit.

MAFIA MOTORSPORTS

TEAM WAVE
www.teamwaveonline.com

TQ Racing Wire
www.tqracing.com
Old 12-05-2007, 12:32 PM   #14
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafiaracers View Post
my last losi was a combination of all 3 kits....I've yet to see an AE driver taking stuff off any other kit to make their cars get around the track in such a dominant way.

In building my kit...just last week, one thing i'd like to see would be more beef in the caster block/spindles...they look too skinny...maybe include a narrower and heavier main chassis with more flex but other than that, you can't argue with the wins they produce with the CURRENT kit.
Thats the best explination that I have heard yet.
Old 12-05-2007, 12:48 PM   #15
Tech Initiate

AE and everyone else racing these days sell way more RTR's than racers.
I'm gonna guess that when the 13.5 BL lipo setup becomes the new stock class AE may come out with a chassis or whole kit that makes it easer to tune the battery position and weight of the car.

get an X-6 if you are bored with you b4. lol
I'd get one to be running something different from everyone else.
bdenny is offline   Reply With Quote