R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 11-30-2007, 03:11 PM   #46
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metla View Post
Silly thread isn't it?

Looks to me that on the day, The person who drives the best will win. Both cars are more then capable of beating each other, but they can't do nothin but sit there without some one at the wheel.

As for the worlds, It takes a car capable of winning, of which their are many, a driver capable of winning, of which their are very few, The right people behind the scenes and in suport, and boatloads of cash.

I made an educated purchase, The SBV2 Pro, and its freakin wicked.

And so is the AE, The HB, The Tamiya, The Kyosho, and a few others.

The thing is the b44 has been on a tear even before the worlds....
I really think that the acadamy car might be just as capable but you cannot just brush off a world championship sweep on the podium along with the run this car was having prior to the worlds. It isn't any secret that the B44 is just a more refined and cost friendly BJ4 which has been dominating for 3 years now.... So its not just 1 day like you make it out to be.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:54 PM   #47
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metla View Post
Silly thread isn't it?

Looks to me that on the day, The person who drives the best will win. Both cars are more then capable of beating each other, but they can't do nothin but sit there without some one at the wheel.

As for the worlds, It takes a car capable of winning, of which their are many, a driver capable of winning, of which their are very few, The right people behind the scenes and in suport, and boatloads of cash.

I made an educated purchase, The SBV2 Pro, and its freakin wicked.

And so is the AE, The HB, The Tamiya, The Kyosho, and a few others.

this is one of the few posts that makes any relative sense to this thread.... both cars are capable....obviously so each can make theyre own decision, Who has the most drivers? AE so who has the most drivers at the worlds? AE So who has the best odds at winning? AE
AE won at a huge cost..... does that reflect into sales... mmm maybe, There are less B4's here at our track since the worlds... I think Kyosho has benefited more from the worlds.... those cars have had the biggest growth here....at least in 2w ..... in 4w its spread out between all the manufacturers but HB .......havent seen one of those yet
Old 11-30-2007, 04:28 PM   #48
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

My dad can beat up your dad
slakr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 04:47 PM   #49
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slakr View Post
Seriously though; I have a T4 and waiting for the big brown truck to deliver my SBV2. I went with the T4 because I like AE and I know parts will be abundant. I went with the SBV2 for two reasons:

1.) I already have 5 stick pack LiPo's and have no intention of getting saddle packs.

2.) Dave G. and Tony N. were very helpful, professional and timely with responses to my questions.
slakr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 05:14 PM   #50
Tech Master

I am sorry but the B44 will make the 4wd buggy popular again and will help sell alot of SBV2s also due to they can't keep the B44s on the shelves very long.
Craps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 05:41 PM   #51
Tech Regular

I would have to say that they are both very good cars, but the main thing I was looking at was parts support, there are more parts out there for the B44 than the academy. my local hobby shop has parts for the B44 but not the academy.
sght4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 05:45 PM   #52
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slakr View Post
I was thinking the same thing earlier hahaha
Old 11-30-2007, 05:55 PM   #53
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craps View Post
So let me get this right....The Hot Bodies sponsored racer wins with an Associated in 2wd, but when he races 4wd with his sponsors brand, Hot Bodies, he does no even make the podium (8th in the A)????

Sort of proves the brand of RC does make a difference with the driver! By this, it is not all driver and the AE was better than what he is sponsored by and normally drives!!! Interesting facts!

Looks like Associated got a freebie with this driver that was not even paid by AE!!!!
8th A main at world finals is bad?
how bad must one be to finish 3rd in the B at a club race then...
mugenlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 07:23 PM   #54
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to cmain

I think it is time for one of the RC magazines to do a shoot out
cmain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 08:15 PM   #55
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I was running an Academy car up until about 4 weeks ago. Granted, it was not the Pro, but a Sport V2, with the Pro rear CVDs, arms, hubs, Diggity front shock tower, B4 Ti camber/steering rods, Pro front one-way on the center shaft, and Losi shocks/springs w/ AE pistons. The last race I ran it I had just installed new front plastic diff halves and new steel rear diff halves. Fastest laps was in the very low 20 sec. range. TQ'd and won, but that was mostly cuz the fast XXX4's couldn't deal with the rough sections of the track. Got a B44 middle of the week after that race and ran it the following Saturday. Box stock setup and my fastest lap was mid-high 18 sec. And the layout was tweaked a little and, to me, was a little harder. The B44 just felt SO much more planted, while having a TON more steering. The SB, I had to tap the brakes to get it start sliding to make a tight 180, the B44 just needed the little bit of default drag brake in the GTB. No question in my opinion which car is better. Never really broke either car, so durability isn't a concern on either car yet.
Stealth_RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 09:16 PM   #56
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth_RT View Post
I was running an Academy car up until about 4 weeks ago. Granted, it was not the Pro, but a Sport V2, with the Pro rear CVDs, arms, hubs, Diggity front shock tower, B4 Ti camber/steering rods, Pro front one-way on the center shaft, and Losi shocks/springs w/ AE pistons. The last race I ran it I had just installed new front plastic diff halves and new steel rear diff halves. Fastest laps was in the very low 20 sec. range. TQ'd and won, but that was mostly cuz the fast XXX4's couldn't deal with the rough sections of the track. Got a B44 middle of the week after that race and ran it the following Saturday. Box stock setup and my fastest lap was mid-high 18 sec. And the layout was tweaked a little and, to me, was a little harder. The B44 just felt SO much more planted, while having a TON more steering. The SB, I had to tap the brakes to get it start sliding to make a tight 180, the B44 just needed the little bit of default drag brake in the GTB. No question in my opinion which car is better. Never really broke either car, so durability isn't a concern on either car yet.
You had a one-way in the V2, were you running a one-way in the B44?

I'm not criticizing one over the other. I'm just curious about the handling differences if you're comparing apples to apples.

Thanks.
gndprx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 09:34 PM   #57
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

took 2 pages for someone to say "i change from this car to that car and i went 2 seconds a lap faster" prob you wernt taking advantage of the old car or didnt have it setup right.

the advantage of the b44 is that there are a lot less adjustements and the b44 comes pretty much setup right out of the box. just a few tweeks here and there for personal taste.

the b44 dont confuse people by supplying a one way or other adjustments that shouldnt be played with

i had a zx-5 which is similar to the sbv2 and when the BJ4we drivers drive my car (and whome i beat weekly) they love it. it took me many months to get the setup right though.
Old 12-01-2007, 01:15 AM   #58
Tech Adept

Default ok

so, the b44 has a little more steering and more user friendly, but can you get the correct gearing for 540 silver can from the b44.
the sbv2 pro needs ae pistions, diff grease, and the gearbox filed to get full steering throw! before it can be run.
and another dumb question, whats the difference between the sbv2pro and the pro carbon?
Deaths-a-Bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 06:13 AM   #59
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaths-a-Bitch View Post
so, the b44 has a little more steering and more user friendly, but can you get the correct gearing for 540 silver can from the b44.
the sbv2 pro needs ae pistions, diff grease, and the gearbox filed to get full steering throw! before it can be run.
and another dumb question, whats the difference between the sbv2pro and the pro carbon?
They are the same thing. On MRCs website they only show the sb v2 pro carbon. People just call it sb v2 pro for short i guess.
tuffthegamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 06:36 AM   #60
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to GroffBall

I'm not sure what type of spur the B44 uses but if it uses a std spur like on a touring car then I'm sure you can get the gearing right with a silver can. The only problem becomes is when you have to use a specific spur.
GroffBall is offline   Reply With Quote