R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-30-2007, 03:11 PM   #46
Tech Elite
 
Francis M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Yorba Linda, CA
Posts: 4,719
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metla View Post
Silly thread isn't it?

Looks to me that on the day, The person who drives the best will win. Both cars are more then capable of beating each other, but they can't do nothin but sit there without some one at the wheel.

As for the worlds, It takes a car capable of winning, of which their are many, a driver capable of winning, of which their are very few, The right people behind the scenes and in suport, and boatloads of cash.

I made an educated purchase, The SBV2 Pro, and its freakin wicked.

And so is the AE, The HB, The Tamiya, The Kyosho, and a few others.


The thing is the b44 has been on a tear even before the worlds....
I really think that the acadamy car might be just as capable but you cannot just brush off a world championship sweep on the podium along with the run this car was having prior to the worlds. It isn't any secret that the B44 is just a more refined and cost friendly BJ4 which has been dominating for 3 years now.... So its not just 1 day like you make it out to be.
__________________
TQ-racing Yokomo BD7 Airtronics
Francis M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 03:54 PM   #47
Tech Champion
 
Tony Newland's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Utah
Posts: 5,792
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metla View Post
Silly thread isn't it?

Looks to me that on the day, The person who drives the best will win. Both cars are more then capable of beating each other, but they can't do nothin but sit there without some one at the wheel.

As for the worlds, It takes a car capable of winning, of which their are many, a driver capable of winning, of which their are very few, The right people behind the scenes and in suport, and boatloads of cash.

I made an educated purchase, The SBV2 Pro, and its freakin wicked.

And so is the AE, The HB, The Tamiya, The Kyosho, and a few others.

this is one of the few posts that makes any relative sense to this thread.... both cars are capable....obviously so each can make theyre own decision, Who has the most drivers? AE so who has the most drivers at the worlds? AE So who has the best odds at winning? AE
AE won at a huge cost..... does that reflect into sales... mmm maybe, There are less B4's here at our track since the worlds... I think Kyosho has benefited more from the worlds.... those cars have had the biggest growth here....at least in 2w ..... in 4w its spread out between all the manufacturers but HB .......havent seen one of those yet
__________________
Schumacher Factory Team - Core RC - Tekin - Avid - Lunsford - Bellgate Distributors - Jconcepts - www.Prime-hobby.com - IRCR
Tony Newland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 04:28 PM   #48
Tech Master
 
slakr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NC
Posts: 1,736
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

My dad can beat up your dad
slakr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 04:47 PM   #49
Tech Master
 
slakr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NC
Posts: 1,736
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slakr View Post
My dad can beat up your dad
Seriously though; I have a T4 and waiting for the big brown truck to deliver my SBV2. I went with the T4 because I like AE and I know parts will be abundant. I went with the SBV2 for two reasons:

1.) I already have 5 stick pack LiPo's and have no intention of getting saddle packs.

2.) Dave G. and Tony N. were very helpful, professional and timely with responses to my questions.
slakr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 05:14 PM   #50
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mt. Holly, NC
Posts: 1,181
Default

I am sorry but the B44 will make the 4wd buggy popular again and will help sell alot of SBV2s also due to they can't keep the B44s on the shelves very long.
Craps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 05:41 PM   #51
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 397
Default

I would have to say that they are both very good cars, but the main thing I was looking at was parts support, there are more parts out there for the B44 than the academy. my local hobby shop has parts for the B44 but not the academy.
sght4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 05:45 PM   #52
Tech Champion
 
Tony Newland's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Utah
Posts: 5,792
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slakr View Post
My dad can beat up your dad
I was thinking the same thing earlier hahaha
__________________
Schumacher Factory Team - Core RC - Tekin - Avid - Lunsford - Bellgate Distributors - Jconcepts - www.Prime-hobby.com - IRCR
Tony Newland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 05:55 PM   #53
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,237
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craps View Post
So let me get this right....The Hot Bodies sponsored racer wins with an Associated in 2wd, but when he races 4wd with his sponsors brand, Hot Bodies, he does no even make the podium (8th in the A)????

Sort of proves the brand of RC does make a difference with the driver! By this, it is not all driver and the AE was better than what he is sponsored by and normally drives!!! Interesting facts!

Looks like Associated got a freebie with this driver that was not even paid by AE!!!!
8th A main at world finals is bad?
how bad must one be to finish 3rd in the B at a club race then...
mugenlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 07:23 PM   #54
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: st. louis
Posts: 845
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to cmain
Default

I think it is time for one of the RC magazines to do a shoot out
cmain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 08:15 PM   #55
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,850
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

I was running an Academy car up until about 4 weeks ago. Granted, it was not the Pro, but a Sport V2, with the Pro rear CVDs, arms, hubs, Diggity front shock tower, B4 Ti camber/steering rods, Pro front one-way on the center shaft, and Losi shocks/springs w/ AE pistons. The last race I ran it I had just installed new front plastic diff halves and new steel rear diff halves. Fastest laps was in the very low 20 sec. range. TQ'd and won, but that was mostly cuz the fast XXX4's couldn't deal with the rough sections of the track. Got a B44 middle of the week after that race and ran it the following Saturday. Box stock setup and my fastest lap was mid-high 18 sec. And the layout was tweaked a little and, to me, was a little harder. The B44 just felt SO much more planted, while having a TON more steering. The SB, I had to tap the brakes to get it start sliding to make a tight 180, the B44 just needed the little bit of default drag brake in the GTB. No question in my opinion which car is better. Never really broke either car, so durability isn't a concern on either car yet.
Stealth_RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 09:16 PM   #56
Tech Fanatic
 
gndprx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fort Mill, SC
Posts: 791
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth_RT View Post
I was running an Academy car up until about 4 weeks ago. Granted, it was not the Pro, but a Sport V2, with the Pro rear CVDs, arms, hubs, Diggity front shock tower, B4 Ti camber/steering rods, Pro front one-way on the center shaft, and Losi shocks/springs w/ AE pistons. The last race I ran it I had just installed new front plastic diff halves and new steel rear diff halves. Fastest laps was in the very low 20 sec. range. TQ'd and won, but that was mostly cuz the fast XXX4's couldn't deal with the rough sections of the track. Got a B44 middle of the week after that race and ran it the following Saturday. Box stock setup and my fastest lap was mid-high 18 sec. And the layout was tweaked a little and, to me, was a little harder. The B44 just felt SO much more planted, while having a TON more steering. The SB, I had to tap the brakes to get it start sliding to make a tight 180, the B44 just needed the little bit of default drag brake in the GTB. No question in my opinion which car is better. Never really broke either car, so durability isn't a concern on either car yet.
You had a one-way in the V2, were you running a one-way in the B44?

I'm not criticizing one over the other. I'm just curious about the handling differences if you're comparing apples to apples.

Thanks.
gndprx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 09:34 PM   #57
Tech Addict
 
magm20001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 546
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

took 2 pages for someone to say "i change from this car to that car and i went 2 seconds a lap faster" prob you wernt taking advantage of the old car or didnt have it setup right.

the advantage of the b44 is that there are a lot less adjustements and the b44 comes pretty much setup right out of the box. just a few tweeks here and there for personal taste.

the b44 dont confuse people by supplying a one way or other adjustments that shouldnt be played with

i had a zx-5 which is similar to the sbv2 and when the BJ4we drivers drive my car (and whome i beat weekly) they love it. it took me many months to get the setup right though.
__________________
RIP Kanye West ..... Mom
magm20001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 01:15 AM   #58
Tech Adept
 
Deaths-a-Bitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brissy
Posts: 116
Default ok

so, the b44 has a little more steering and more user friendly, but can you get the correct gearing for 540 silver can from the b44.
the sbv2 pro needs ae pistions, diff grease, and the gearbox filed to get full steering throw! before it can be run.
and another dumb question, whats the difference between the sbv2pro and the pro carbon?
Deaths-a-Bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 06:13 AM   #59
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Western Kansas
Posts: 106
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaths-a-Bitch View Post
so, the b44 has a little more steering and more user friendly, but can you get the correct gearing for 540 silver can from the b44.
the sbv2 pro needs ae pistions, diff grease, and the gearbox filed to get full steering throw! before it can be run.
and another dumb question, whats the difference between the sbv2pro and the pro carbon?
They are the same thing. On MRCs website they only show the sb v2 pro carbon. People just call it sb v2 pro for short i guess.
tuffthegamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 06:36 AM   #60
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: SE PA
Posts: 1,547
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to GroffBall
Default

I'm not sure what type of spur the B44 uses but if it uses a std spur like on a touring car then I'm sure you can get the gearing right with a silver can. The only problem becomes is when you have to use a specific spur.
GroffBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[B]SBV2 PARTS LOT[/B] nc-hopsing R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 08-25-2009 08:22 AM
rt-4 diff in sbv2 party_wagon Electric Off-Road 0 08-21-2008 08:22 AM
sbv2 body rdub202 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 06-17-2008 10:06 PM
MRC SBV2 Pro with Novak GTB/6.5 ARR gene465 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 01-14-2008 05:56 PM
FS: Academy SBv2 pro beeanner R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 11-12-2007 07:21 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:36 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net