R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 11-30-2007, 10:52 AM   #31
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by gndprx View Post
Aside from the fact that all it takes is one bad turn or altercation with another vehicle to not podium, 2wd and 4wd are different driving skill sets. So your point is not valid.

If he was driving an HB 2wd and had as good of a race as he did with the B4, he likely still would have won. Once your car is setup to your liking, the rest is driver skill (and durability)
So then why is 2 of the same racers on both podiums with the only difference is the winner on one had to go back to using his brand and not AE???
Craps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 10:52 AM   #32
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Back to the original topic poster.

Either vehicle would be good choice. You need to look at parts availability and then look at if the chassis fits your needs in terms of battery layout, weight distribution, durability, etc...and make your own educated decision from there.

I'm sure you won't be unhappy with either choice.
gndprx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 10:55 AM   #33
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craps View Post
So then why is 2 of the same racers on both podiums with the only difference is the winner on one had to go back to using his brand and not AE???
Because those are the 2 pictures you chose to post to support your side of the discussion

I'm sure Kyosho supporters could find 2 equally impressive pictures, or Yokomo drivers, or Losi drivers (well maybe not losi )
Old 11-30-2007, 10:55 AM   #34
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to GroffBall

Craps... You go into every thread and bash everything that isn't AE and put up pictures but make very few valid points. Not to sound like an A$$ or anything but do you really think anyone is going to value your opinion?
GroffBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 11:22 AM   #35
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

If you guys knew what the top 20 drivers are getting paid to run for brand 'a' or brand 'b' would eliminate all this pety discusion about 'my car won the worlds' blah blah blah

Have fun and whatever choice you make I'm sure will serve you well...but dont forget to HAVE FUN RACING
Old 11-30-2007, 11:23 AM   #36
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroffBall View Post
Craps... You go into every thread and bash everything that isn't AE and put up pictures but make very few valid points. Not to sound like an A$$ or anything but do you really think anyone is going to value your opinion?
No, I am not really really married to AE and have owned other brands in the past. I just like pointing out facts and I am just having a little fun with Alex and Carl. No harm done!

I am sure the MRC, the Losi, the AE and the Kyosho can all win with the right driver and all I can really say is buy the one you can get parts easy for and good help with at the track!

I am sure you can go anywhere in this country and find pretty much any of these brands winning in an area because the best driver has one!
Old 11-30-2007, 11:26 AM   #37
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to GroffBall

Quote:
No, I am not really really married to AE and have owned other brands in the past. I just like pointing out facts and I am just having a little fun with Alex and Carl. No harm done!

I am sure the MRC, the Losi, the AE and the Kyosho can all win with the right driver and all I can really say is buy the one you can get parts easy for and good help with at the track!

I am sure you can go anywhere in this country and find pretty much any of these brands winning in an area because the best driver has one!
Ok sounds good to me.
GroffBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 11:32 AM   #38
Tech Fanatic

Quote:

Yes, I race with Tim when he's man enough to show up for a butt whoopin' at the track...it's all in good fun, but every once in a while I wish he'd just post like he did above and admit that you can win a race without AE and Novak
Old 11-30-2007, 12:26 PM   #39
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by gndprx View Post
Yes, I race with Tim when he's man enough to show up for a butt whoopin' at the track...it's all in good fun, but every once in a while I wish he'd just post like he did above and admit that you can win a race without AE and Novak
That's no FUN!!

You better be ready for this old man to whoop your buttt at the new indoor track that is if you are racing in one of the 3 classes I will be in???

Stock Truck
Mod Truck
4wd Buggy

RC Buttt whoopings are free!!!
Old 11-30-2007, 12:46 PM   #40
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
That's no FUN!!

You better be ready for this old man to whoop your buttt at the new indoor track that is if you are racing in one of the 3 classes I will be in???

Stock Truck
Mod Truck
4wd Buggy

RC Buttt whoopings are free!!!
Nope, come play in mod 2wd buggy with the big boys!

Unless you want me to wipe you up in stock truck with the kids Rustler
Old 11-30-2007, 01:29 PM   #41
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It's hard to go against AE, they have the results to prove it at the highest level. As for the driver discussion Well last time I checked all the teams have paid drivers and all have pretty equal skills so I would put more merit in these results than some random guy winning club races where skill levels vary bigtime.....
Old 11-30-2007, 01:47 PM   #42
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

The discussion is comparing two cars. The AE B44 and the Academy SBv2 Pro. Associated pays the best drivers in the world, Academy does not pay any drivers at all. In this discussion Pro racing results mean nothing.

In mind and body, we're all heading towards old age. It is slower to go by bike.
Davidka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 01:54 PM   #43
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidka View Post
The discussion is comparing two cars. The AE B44 and the Academy SBv2 Pro. Associated pays the best drivers in the world, Academy does not pay any drivers at all. In this discussion Pro racing results mean nothing.

This is still racing and of course winning races at the highest level matters. Especially when your trying to sell something as a racing buggy. AE does pay some talented drivers but like I said the competition also sent out drivers from everywhere around the world. Look I'm not trying to Knock the acadamy and I really have no vested or personal interest in this but anybody trying to make an educated buy would lean towards AE....

Another thing with AE is you can get a lot of set ups as a starting point with track conditions etc, etc.......
Old 11-30-2007, 02:36 PM   #44
Tech Addict

Silly thread isn't it?

Looks to me that on the day, The person who drives the best will win. Both cars are more then capable of beating each other, but they can't do nothin but sit there without some one at the wheel.

As for the worlds, It takes a car capable of winning, of which their are many, a driver capable of winning, of which their are very few, The right people behind the scenes and in suport, and boatloads of cash.

I made an educated purchase, The SBV2 Pro, and its freakin wicked.

And so is the AE, The HB, The Tamiya, The Kyosho, and a few others.
Metla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 02:54 PM   #45
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidka View Post
Looks like Hot Bodies paid for Associated to get the 2wd Buggy World Championship that did not cost Associated nothing!!!! Amazing when another brands racer choose Associated to race with over the other brands available since after all they are Pros!!!!!