Wiki Posts
Search

Stick with Losi or go AE!?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 02:45 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default Stick with Losi or go AE!?

I like the AD2 over the GT2, I hate the xxx-4/xx-4's, I like the B44, I like both the CR and the B4...

Im the type of person that likes to stick with one brand.. but.. want to race a good 4wd car, so keep the AD2 and do the B4/B44 duo? Id rather race 2wd and 4wd then 2wd and Truck.. Part support is good here for both, so that isnt a siding factor. I dunno! You never see any of the Pros on the internet interacting on RCTech/Fans. Only people we see for electric offroad are Jesse Robbers, Mike Truhe some, Billy Easton some when he ran for Losi, and a few more. So i dunno
Old 11-29-2007, 03:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Object of the game....

What you want to do is drive what gives you the best opportunity to WIN!

SO go with what provides you with the best racing experience.

There is no reason why you can't run a CR in Buggy and the B44 in 4 wheel. The only reason to run same manufacturer vehicles is that there is some parts interchangability.

I personally prefer the Losi trucks. Other than that I am open to anything that helps me drive consistent and have fun.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Go with the Kyosho RB5 and New Lazer ZX5-sp. Great support on RCtech from the guys from Cali. The RB5 is a great car and I just got the zx5 so I don't have any input. The EP truck is suppose to be out this next year, but the don't have an option for 1/10 gt. JMO. Give it a thought. Unless your local HH doesn't stock parts, if not amain or speedtech have a great supply with super fast shipment.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

My current stable is all mixed up. I have the GT2, T4, XXX-CR, 8ight, and 8ight-T. I drove a friends XXXT-CR to a win a few weeks back. I loved the way that truck drove. But I didn't like the XXX-NT trucks when I have tried them. But I think the set-up makes more of a difference than anything. I have not driven a 4wd 1/10 yet so I know nothing about those. I want one though. I have been winning with the GT2 so that one stays. But I'm mixed on the T4 to XXXT-CR decision.

I also like to run all one brand but each passing weekend kind of makes it pointless to me which manufacturer you use. Parts seem to be priced the same between them. IDK. Just my thoughts.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:57 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

I may just get the CR Truck, cause it has alot of parts inchangable with the AD2... and teh CR Buggy. This one track i go to up north a few times a year races Buggy and Truck, no 4wd, but its up in teh air.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I always wanted to stick with one brand. Hell my friend use to call me a losi whore because that's all i ever bought. Now my list of cars is growing and they arent losi's. I race and RB5 buggy, a B44 4 wheeler, and a Losi XXXT CR in off road. For onroad i have 2 losi Type R's and BMI DB12r. My biggest problem is changing my bag over from offroad to onroad from week to week.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

It is cool to have a variety of different cars, though I like to have the same brand because the parts are interchangeable.

If you have owned losi for a long time, try AE.

They are both good.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

i like AE better then losi...
Old 11-29-2007, 06:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I'd go with Academy stuff. Good team support, awesome customer suppor. and the cars are awesome.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jerry P
... My biggest problem is changing my bag over from offroad to onroad from week to week.
Get another bag !

Seriously, you can break your stuff down into 3 piles:
stuff used for everything (roller bag)
stuff used offroad only
stuff used onroad only

Have each in its own container. That way you just pick up what you need.

Oh and BSchorr, unless you are above the 90th percentile in ability and race results (winning local trophy races and placing regionally) I doubt you will go wrong sticking with either brand. If you're better than that, I doubt most of us can help you anyway ... try PM'ing one of the factory drivers, I've had decent success getting help that way, better than just posting.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sjenkins97
The EP truck is suppose to be out this next year
any pics, cad drawings, spy shots, anything. I am tired of the "Only Losi, or Ass"in truck. Another option would be awesome
Old 11-29-2007, 07:38 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BSchorr
You never see any of the Pros on the internet interacting on RCTech/Fans. Only people we see for electric offroad are Jesse Robbers, Mike Truhe some, Billy Easton some when he ran for Losi, and a few more. So i dunno
Most of the Pros read here and I know of 1 or 2 that post aynomonously under another name.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Ae all the way!
Old 11-29-2007, 08:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Stick with the Losi for the gas truck.......then go with the MRC/Academy for 2wd and 4wd The cars go together nice, are durable, easy to work on, and run/handle great! That way you avoid the Losi/AE conflict since Academy doesnt have a 2wd gas truck!
Old 11-29-2007, 09:05 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

If you like to be different, an RB5 or the GV2 would be a good choice. I like the fact that both appear to be slightly newer tech, so they should have benefits of seeing what works on the b4 and the XXX series, and take was it good, get rid of what isn't, and improve upon that.

I like Academy based on my experiences with the vehicles and the support that MRC gives, but that is no knock on Kyosho, there "local" driver Brian Bohlman was great to talk with and most helpful, and he made the event I attended where he was at more light hearted when he dressed up as "fat Batman" for the mains. Was quite funny.

Last edited by Cain; 11-29-2007 at 02:30 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.