R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 11-25-2007, 03:32 PM   #1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default Help with a LRP 4.5 BL and Sphere ESC

I have run this speedo with brush motors and it works just fine. This is the first time I have connected it to a BL motor (LRP 4.5) and some times it spins, but most of the time it just makes noice and does not spin. It seems that if any load is placed on the motor, it shuts down. and I mean any load... Just setting it in the B44 and setting the gear meash up this is a load on it.

I have reset the ESC and I have noticed that when it working the light on the set side of the ESC is red, but when not working , it blinks between red and yellow. If you hold it on the blue light on the ESC in the mode area does come on, but not right way.

Any idea? Or what things am I missing here?

Digi3Dworks - 3D printing for the medical Field.
bvoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 03:40 PM   #2
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Check your abc wires and be sure the sensor is on the right.
I wish I had my manual.
UN4RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 03:48 PM   #3
Tech Elite

I have the manaul but the have nothing in it on servo works, but motor does not. I starts with servor / motor do not work, the the second one is servo / motor does not work, but light are on the ESC.

I will take a look again... I know I have checked this 20 times, but I'm old and the mind is not the sharpest thing...

Old 11-25-2007, 04:07 PM   #4
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 254 (100%+)

Which LRP Sphere speedo is it? If it is the 80500 Brushless/Brushed you have to manually switch the programming from brushless to brushed or vice versa.

If it is the 80700 Sphere Comp it automatically knows and re-programs itself for brushed or brushless.

Hope this helps.

Michael
Michael#81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 04:12 PM   #5
Tech Apprentice

do you have connected the motor/esc cable?
+gaz. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 05:34 PM   #6
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael#81 View Post
Which LRP Sphere speedo is it? If it is the 80500 Brushless/Brushed you have to manually switch the programming from brushless to brushed or vice versa.

If it is the 80700 Sphere Comp it automatically knows and re-programs itself for brushed or brushless.

Hope this helps.

Michael
It is teh 80700 - this is one of the first things I did do, it check the manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by +gaz. View Post
do you have connected the motor/esc cable?
All the wires are connected.

I have just tried to reconnect me old CO27, and it does not work either... So I'm guessing it time to contact AE and send it back so they can fix it...

Old 11-25-2007, 06:17 PM   #7
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvoltz View Post
I have the manaul but the have nothing in it on servo works, but motor does not. I starts with servor / motor do not work, the the second one is servo / motor does not work, but light are on the ESC.

I will take a look again... I know I have checked this 20 times, but I'm old and the mind is not the sharpest thing...

HUH
schmelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 10:22 PM   #8
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmelme View Post
HUH
So what is your point??? Sorry do not get it...

Old 11-26-2007, 01:03 AM   #9
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvoltz View Post
I have run this speedo with brush motors and it works just fine. This is the first time I have connected it to a BL motor (LRP 4.5) and some times it spins, but most of the time it just makes noice and does not spin. It seems that if any load is placed on the motor, it shuts down. and I mean any load... Just setting it in the B44 and setting the gear meash up this is a load on it.

I have reset the ESC and I have noticed that when it working the light on the set side of the ESC is red, but when not working , it blinks between red and yellow. If you hold it on the blue light on the ESC in the mode area does come on, but not right way.

Any idea? Or what things am I missing here?
ESC is defective. I had one with a similar problem. Sent it in to AE, got phone call from there Service Tech. verifying the problem and they sent me a new one. It was outside the 120 day warranty so I did have to pay for the replacement. I believe it was around $50.00 + shipping. Had about a 2 week turn around time so be patient.
Losi Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote