Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Questions about XXX-T's

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 08:23 PM
Tech Adept

Default Questions about XXX-T's

I bought a used Losi XXX-T MF1 and I'm new to Losi and have a bunch of questions. I was wondering how old this design is and if it is upgradable to an MF2. Is there a cross referance table available?? I'm mainly worries about parts availability for the MF1. Any and all help/information would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:29 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

parts for the mf1 an mf2 are still pretty easy to get. also all the mf2 parts will fit on the mf1. the design for the mf1 and mf2 are pretty much the same. all the mf2 parts are graphite.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

the only real difference between the two are VLA(variable length arms) and maybe the ballstud mounting locations on the hubs. MF1 MF2 and xxxt CR parts are all interchangable and in fact the CR tranny is the same as the MF1 tranny
Old 11-21-2007, 08:53 PM
Tech Adept

Default Thanks

Thanks guys you've been a big help.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Need a good setup for a mf2 indoor clay.
Old 11-22-2007, 05:44 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The newest XXXT CR is almost the same as the original XXXT and the MF1. The things that are different is the different plastics, longer chassis, VLA arms, and they did improve the diff rings (2 piece rings VS D rings). The new rings fit both the MF1 and MF2 trannys.
Old 11-22-2007, 05:53 AM
Tech Elite

keep in mind that the MF 2 trans is different then all the other versions and that you might want to avoid the mf2 trans ( if you plan to modify the truck ) as the original trans is a better one.
Old 11-23-2007, 07:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Bottom Line!

Reading all of the above...
The MF-1 is fine the way it is. Nobody that I've met uses the VLA on the arms, the MF-1 tranny made a comeback, and the newest XXX-tcr has barely changed from the MF-1.

Get that thing cleaned up. New ballstuds, bearings, check everything for slop, and enjoy kicking A at the track.
Old 11-24-2007, 08:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

I still run a mf1. These are the changes that I have made. I run the original plastic shock tower, when you land big jumps if the track has ruts it will cause the rear end to basicly hyper extend & break the rear arms for no apearant reason. The plastic shock tower will bend when this happens & absorb the blow to keep these from breaking, it makes the rear end much more durable. I am also running the new xxx-cr chasis because it helps to keep the front end on the ground. You can find the shock tower for around $5 and the chasis for around $25. I am also running the front alum. pivot block. The front end is held togather by that pivot block and they tend tog get sloppy so I run an alum. one.
Old 11-24-2007, 11:34 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for all the help everyone