R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 11-17-2007, 11:39 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Joe View Post
Fragile? That thing was a battering ram. I think I only ever broke one arm on mine and I beat that thing silly.
I knew a couple of guys how had them and they were always breaking front and rear a-arms but then again, they did get trashed
Drift_Buggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 11:42 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

While on the subject of RS4 MT, years ago there use to be a online movie called EMT Conspiracy, does anyone have a copy of it????
Drift_Buggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 04:17 AM   #18
Tech Fanatic

Their would be positives and negitives about 4wd truck....

One of the worst things about electric off-road is the fact that you need a seperate chassis and electronics for each type of class you want to run. For instance, in on-road everybody runs the same touring car in stock, 19 turn or modified. You just change the motor and your in a different class. In nitro off-road, their are only two classes, 1/8 buggy and truggy (and both are 4wd).

Having 4 different classes, and their different stock, 19 and modified classes would really spread the racers thin, and wouldn't function well from the standpoint of organized racing.

If 4wd truck were to become a class, 2wd truck should be elimnated.
Scrubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 05:18 AM   #19
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Just look at what 4wd did for nitro. 2wd buggy and truack takes patience and a very docile throttle hand to go fast where 4wd is much forgiving.

Having raced 2wd electric for over seven years now, I see so many come and go with the frustrations of throttle control. 4wd takes some of that out of the game and I could see 4wd taking off and leaving 2wd in the dust.

I do see this a unfortunate as I truly enjoy 2wd to 4wd anyday, but I am a rarity.
Jeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 05:41 AM   #20
Tech Apprentice

i cant wait to see losi and AE and hpi realaesing 4wd elec off road trucks .
Bat
Potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 05:54 AM   #21
Tech Fanatic

I can't wait to see the lack of driving finesse that will come with it!
Scrubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 06:23 AM   #22
Tech Master

Hey Associated!!!

How about a T-44???

Stretch out the B-44 "A" arms and drives. Add quick change GT2 hubs, wheels and tires. Bam! Another winner from AE!!!
Craps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 06:32 AM   #23
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Like above, A 4wd truck would probably fit a few applications, I know personally it could work for me. I live less then 2 miles from the local race track, but EVERYONE runs nitro here and dont give a *** about an 1/10 scale. The track is rough.... I'm still waiting for the day I can take a xxx-4 there. And there is no electric 4wd class @ the club now. They wanted me to race with the nitro 4wd buggy's. Probably pull away on the straights but just too blown out to ride small buggys here. A 4wd ST could prove very useful.
Alltapdout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 06:43 AM   #24
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Doodad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrubb View Post
omfg! He did not say that! A truer statement has never been made.
Doodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 06:51 AM   #25
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

In New Zealand in the early 90s we had a 4wd truck class called Supertruck. Mostly it was older 4wds (Optima Mids and Cats) and pretty popular for a couple of years.. I went onroad after a break so no idea what happened to it..
renjie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 07:02 AM   #26
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I believe the 1/10th 4wd truggy would be a class that could see huge growth. I say this because you could run them on 1/8th scale tracks (many do not have electric specific tracks in their locale), and they would attract some of those guys that run nitro. Many nitro guys hate 2wd's and the 4wd buggies are just not suited for a large 1/8th track.

There is a track around here that is going to be running a jammin crt.5 brushless class. That is the beginning of electric truggy.
wfdfiremedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 08:24 AM   #27
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrubb View Post
That lack of finesse is the number one reason people leave the hobby after a short time. They decide they won't get good enough and get sick of the better drivers hazing them on the driver's stand and split.

Every time an easier to drive type of car has come out in this hobby it has caused growth. TC's were WAY easier to drive than pan cars despite their added complexity, stadium trucks were easier than 2wd buggies, truggies are easier than 1/8th buggies (well, not that much..). You get the idea. People want to race, not struggle with getting around the track. It's the same reason nitro stadium is shrinking. A good 4wd 1/10 Nitro truck would go over really well. IT would be just as fun as 1/8th but could be run on smaller tracks. That would be good.

In mind and body, we're all heading towards old age. It is slower to go by bike.
Davidka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 08:59 AM   #28
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to scrubnick

4wd truck would be yet another reason for me not go practice anymore. Anytime you give someone a vehicle that requires (much) less skill to drive than other cars, it's a recipe for disaster. The person driving something like that is just going to drive as fast as he or she possibly can, full throttle into the corner, punch it out, running over whoever was unfortunate enough to be in the way. How can someone driving say 2wd mod have a chance at getting laps in when there's someone driving a 4wd truck around that drives like that?

Please, no 4wd trucks.
scrubnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 03:05 PM   #29
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

they tried to make that class with xx4 conversion kit and it didnt work
hyperguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 03:16 PM   #30
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)