Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Tamiya DB-01 Durga. The next budget racer? >

Tamiya DB-01 Durga. The next budget racer?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Tamiya DB-01 Durga. The next budget racer?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 07:15 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rnd_tang

The one on the right is my original one I got back in 2008. The left one is the battered one I brought back to life.

I am with ya. I've always been a Tamiya fan since my Mad Cap. Now I've got about 9 Tamiya cars. Only 2 of them are running, which is the DB01R pictured and a TA05. Everything else just collects dust. Slowly getting back into it though, just bashing around a park or up and down the road is enough for me.

Do you have any other Tamiyas?
yep i sure do.
1.Top Force evo
2.Top force re-re 2018
3.DB-02 Leonis
4.2 x Hornets
and a few other vintage cars, plus modern race cars. the vintage stuff is mainly used at vintage meets, although i did run the TF evo in 2017 NSW State titles in 4wd stock and qualified 2nd out of about 40 entries, broke a steering
knuckle in leg 1 and didn't have a spare.
trx-1 and rc10 worlds re-re.
Old 01-23-2019, 07:16 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rnd_tang

The one on the right is my original one I got back in 2008. The left one is the battered one I brought back to life.

I am with ya. I've always been a Tamiya fan since my Mad Cap. Now I've got about 9 Tamiya cars. Only 2 of them are running, which is the DB01R pictured and a TA05. Everything else just collects dust. Slowly getting back into it though, just bashing around a park or up and down the road is enough for me.

Do you have any other Tamiyas?
i like the splat paint job, looks cool and bright.
Old 01-23-2019, 07:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TRFHORNET
yep i sure do.
1.Top Force evo
2.Top force re-re 2018
3.DB-02 Leonis
4.2 x Hornets
and a few other vintage cars, plus modern race cars. the vintage stuff is mainly used at vintage meets, although i did run the TF evo in 2017 NSW State titles in 4wd stock and qualified 2nd out of about 40 entries, broke a steering
knuckle in leg 1 and didn't have a spare.
trx-1 and rc10 worlds re-re.
Nice! Quite a collection there. I was always a fan of the Top Force Evo. My mate had one when I was running the Mad Cap back in 1997/98. Always drooled over the Top Force.
I just remembered. Still have a Hornet and Lunchbox in box, waiting for my boy to grow old enough so we can build it together.

That shell came with the car, it was something that survived. Paint job is pretty cool.
Old 01-27-2019, 06:05 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Available db01

If anyone is interested in selling their db01, in loot to purchase. Message me if interested
Old 01-28-2019, 10:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by the resistance
If anyone is interested in selling their db01, in loot to purchase. Message me if interested

Ive got one on ebay for sale.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F25 4003565459
Old 01-31-2019, 11:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by the resistance
I know another gentleman posted his for sale. If you don't see what you want there, shoot me a message. I have an extremely light use DB01RR with every upgrade, literally (even belt tensioners). The only use it has ever seen is at an indoor sanctioned clay track. Boxes and boxes of DB01 parts, most of which is all brand new. All shocks through the variations of DB-01 models, even the original DB01 box. Several bodies, some professionally painted, I have the gear diffs, metal ball diffs, anything DB01, I have it.

I have tried to hang on to Tamiya for nostalgic reasons but my kids are getting to the age of hitting the track with me now too and I have too many flavors of cars and parts to carry all of this around. Associated and TLR are kind of starting to take over purely for the sake of parts availability at the local track. So anything that could break on a DB-01, I have at least two of them

- Mike

Old 02-03-2021, 09:45 AM
Tech Adept

Hi everyone. I just managed to get a used DB01 online. Its on its way to me now, and i can't wait for it to arrive. Its my 2nd Tamiya off road car (1st been a Dyna Blaster, hated the weak ABS plastics)

Anyhoos, never really paid much attention to it all these years, but suddenly had the impulse to get 1, so i did. It has a slipper clutch and front universals, otherwise its stock. What would be the recommended upgrades for the DB01? Any advice will be appreciated. I do have some questions though.

How many types of chassis does the DB01 have? There's the high traction chassis and the carbon reinforced one. Which is better? Also Tamiya seems to have carbon reinforced versions of every plastic part on the car. Are the CR parts recommended?

Also i'll like to ask if the slipper clutch is necessary. I think i'll be running gear diffs, and a low powered brushless, if i am running the car @ all...
Old 07-24-2023, 04:11 PM
Tech Adept

Hi guys

I've gathered most of the parts to build a new DB01RRR

One thing I'm really struggling to get hold of is the WO front driveshafts, or alternatively the front DCJs.

Does anyone know if any alternatives from other manufacturers fit? I don't think Tamiya have any parts that will fit, the closest item I can find is the TD4 front driveshaft - but that's 73mm rather than the 78mm that came with the DB01s..

Any help appreciated!

Thanks
Old 10-08-2023, 10:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Man tamiya really needs to rerelease the RRR and let me race and not worry about parts availability
angrymelon likes this.