Search

X factory X-6 conversion for Assoc. B4

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 03:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default X factory X-6 conversion for Assoc. B4

is it worth it?
what is the cheapest place that you can get one besides Ebay?
what will be the benefits?
if you have it post a pic of it and how you like it.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cm367700
is it worth it?
what is the cheapest place that you can get one besides Ebay?
what will be the benefits?
if you have it post a pic of it and how you like it.
The X-6 is a great car and is a real split from conventional 2wd design/setup, The central weight distribution(mid motor) allows the X-6 to be very fast through corners without having a "pendulum effect" that rear motor 2wd cars have. The design and thinking behind the setup of the X-6 is evolving every day as the X-6 continues getting faster.

I don't know about the cheapest way, but the best way of ordering is direct through X-Factory(unless your local shop stocks the conversion). X-Factory is not like the big companies, you can easily talk to Chazz and they take great value in suggestions, in fact some of the newer changes to the X-6 have been from family(X-Factory owners) input.

For more pictures and benefits see: http://2wdrc.com/X6_Chassis_Details.htm and 2wdrc.com forum.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:48 PM
Tech Adept

I've run an X6 since the preorder last year. Personally, my experiences with the way the car drives is similar to Speedy, in the way it goes very well through the turns, it seems to maintain its speed in the middle of the turn well and jumps very flat. I personally love the way the car jumps.....However....on the flip side. The tranny case being exposed on the bottom leads to gear noise and eventual failure, especially in very dusty conditions. Rear bite is something that really has to be figured out with careful wieght placement and when your done with it all, considering the cost of a B4 you are looking at an approx 300$ 2wd car. I think people's arguement that the car's 4x2 pack arrangement is bogus but thats pretty weak as I never have had any issues with the packs and centralizing mass is critical to any form of racecar. Other people say that since parts are only available online support is weak, but they're customer service is great and they seem to really care about they're customers. Potentially it can be a great car, especially if you have an old XXX laying around to swipe the shocks and slipper from (the losi slipper works way better on the car it seems) so you end up with that great AE diff, easy to maintain Losi shocks and a smoother Losi slipper. Lastly, I think material quality and fitment is something that in all respects was marginal at best but improvements like the nose piece and especially the X-5 squared chassis (I abused my X-5 and the updated chassis was rock solid) are a potentially good sign of things to come. To sum it up if you are not afraid to tinker and experiment with setups, and drive a car that really works in some interesting ways (the more sweeping and turn filled the track the better) then it can be a very rewarding experience. On the flip side its labor intensive to keep in competition form and it simply costs more than other 2wd cars in its class. Just my 2 cents based upon almost a year and a half of racing and 8-10 packs weekly in practice.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:44 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Here is a pic of my X-6. Runs excellent for me.

Old 11-13-2007, 11:40 AM
Tech Initiate

Cool cars.
I like to see these evolve.
this well may be the car in the best position to take advantage of the brushless lipo revolution too.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bdenny
Cool cars.
I like to see these evolve.
this well may be the car in the best position to take advantage of the brushless lipo revolution too.
We actually designed the X - 6 with those things in mind; the reason the chassis is so wide is to fit a lipo stick pack across the middle of the car. You can just take the battery strap and flip it up-side-down and it holds a lipo brick securely in place.

wyd - that is still an awesome paint job. Great looking car, too.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

The X-6 is a fantastic car. It handles the turns and jumps very well. One of the issues I had with mine (while running a brushed stock motor), was that the motor would get really hot. Some of this may have been ventilation, but some may have been drag somewhere in the drivetrain.

If you're the experimental type, then you should definitely give it a try.

Also, I have a friend who is selling his (I believe he has a roller and a kit for sale.). You can contact him at [email protected].

Tell him James sent you.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:51 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Eggman
You can contact him at [email protected].

Tell him James sent you.
that email didnt work.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:06 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

I really enjoy running my X-6. I have always been a fan of running something a little different but it is nice when it works. The car is pretty easy to drive overall and drives similiar to my touring car which is a huge plus for me.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Can this conversion work w/ the T4 as well? If so anyone tried it?

thanks
Old 11-23-2007, 05:05 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by sikntired
Can this conversion work w/ the T4 as well? If so anyone tried it?

thanks
No. One or two guys are messing with them.

http://www.one-ten-rcforums.com/2wdr...pic.php?id=337
Old 11-23-2007, 05:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

That sorta reminds me of the old days when we would flip the transmissions on the original RC10s, mount it to a custom-made fiberglass chassis, drop the suspension and run 2WD dirt oval with them.