R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 11-07-2007, 08:23 AM   #1
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default Losi hubs on B4 T4?

I have seen (still trying to find the link to post) of a guy who converted the front spindles of a B4 to a Losi hub where the bearings are in the steering hub and has hex wheel adapters. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Would like to do that to my T4 as long as I could find a truck front wheel that has the proper hex to make it work.

Any help on what part numbers I would need and modifications that need to be done would be greatly appreciated.
SRBMOJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 10:58 PM   #2
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I believe this is in the T4/B4 forum. They changed their front hubs,axles, spindles, etc... so they could use the same wheels and tires front and rear. Not sure where it is in there but try searching by date and go back to June/July or something like that.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
air8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 01:32 AM   #3
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRBMOJO View Post
I have seen (still trying to find the link to post) of a guy who converted the front spindles of a B4 to a Losi hub where the bearings are in the steering hub and has hex wheel adapters. Anyone know what I'm talking about?.
they are running the losi spindles and stuff on the b4's so they can use their losi wheels. If I remember right you can only run your spindle in the middle position which shouldnt be an issue. Thats the only reason guys were doing it, they ran xxx cars and had a ton of wheels/ tires. make the change and they still can run all their tires.
Mike Elam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 06:45 AM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

This was a mod that guys did in 2004 because back then, the Pro Line wheels for the B4 where running untrue...

Go here to read more about it.
NOT a member of Team Terribles!
d4man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 06:48 AM   #5
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I did this mod for a while and I can tell you it will drastically reduce steering.
qbayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 08:49 AM   #6
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Thanks for the info, that is exactly what I was looking for.
SRBMOJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 02:28 PM   #7
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by qbayle View Post
I did this mod for a while and I can tell you it will drastically reduce steering.
I ran this modification from day 1 on both my B4 and X6. I never had steering issues.

I dont know of any truck rims out there with this sized hex. If you are trying to run a hexed from truck rim, why not try the RB5 front carrier/axle set up, and use HPI/RPM/Traxxas 12mm hex drive wheels. Then you can swap front/rear at will.
jk racing is offline   Reply With Quote