R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 01-16-2008, 12:12 PM   #16
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craps View Post
The sintered rotor was a huge leap in technology added to sensored brushless systems that made them the choice for longer races due to running so much cooler. Don't even need the fan on the GTB anymore for those 20 minute races.

I would not recommend buying a brushless motor without a sintered rotor in it.
The sensorless have had sintered before the sensor type's. I got a lehner that older than any Novak sintered , and its a sintered rotor
crazyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 12:25 PM   #17
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyjr View Post
The sensorless have had sintered before the sensor type's. I got a lehner that older than any Novak sintered , and its a sintered rotor
I am guessing the reason Novak and LRP were not using Sintered Rotors was because they were not ROAR legal until last summer sometime. Since ROAR legalized them, all Novak motors come with a sintered rotor except for the SS4800 and 5800 as well as the EX SS series. As far as LRP goes, I think only their 3.5 comes with a sintered rotor as standard equipment.
foolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 12:31 PM   #18
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

But you can buy a sintered rotor for the LRP vectors correct? If so , where the hell do you get them?
JEFFRO503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 12:39 PM   #19
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFRO503 View Post
But you can buy a sintered rotor for the LRP vectors correct? If so , where the hell do you get them?
Well I tried this thing called "Google" and came up with a whole page of places to buy them...
Old 01-16-2008, 12:49 PM   #20
Tech Regular

so did i , and every place i came across said the two words "sold out". That's why i asked. I tried LRP , the site is down , i tried amain hobbies , they are out of stock , and few others as well...and nothing. I just was wondering if anyone knew of a place which might have some in stock. Also.....most places i found only listed them as a sintered rotor....but didn't mention what turn motor ect it goes in. It makes it look like "one size fits all" kind of thing. I dunno..maybe they do , but from what i read , there was a difference.
Old 01-16-2008, 12:55 PM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
so did i , and every place i came across said the two words "sold out". That's why i asked. I tried LRP , the site is down , i tried amain hobbies , they are out of stock , and few others as well...and nothing. I just was wondering if anyone knew of a place which might have some in stock. Also.....most places i found only listed them as a sintered rotor....but didn't mention what turn motor ect it goes in. It makes it look like "one size fits all" kind of thing. I dunno..maybe they do , but from what i read , there was a difference.
I can't comment on the LRP but the Novaks all use the same rotor as far as I know. The 13mm upgrade rotor Novak puts out was intended more for the mod motors but does fit and work in the 13.5 and 10.5 motors. So as far as that goes they are all the same in Novaks. LRP may be the same way.
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 01:00 PM   #22
Tech Addict

Quote:
Yeah, I did not look at that...sorry about the sarcasm...anyway, they are all the same, just like Novak.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:19 PM   #23
Tech Regular

Ahh HA! That makes sense now! No reason to apologize Follio , no harm no foul. I'm really kind of new to the electric thing. I was with the 1/8 scale buggies and truggies for quite a while , so i'm trying to grasp most of all the info i can get on these smaller electrics. Thanks guys!!