Wiki Posts
Search

A shock rebuilding tip...

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 02:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (79%+)
Exclamation A shock rebuilding tip...

Don’t under any circumstance pour old shock oil in anything that remotely looks like anything you might drink out of.....its not very tasty (IM an idiot)..... thats day one stuff!

Last edited by wd40prerunner; 08-21-2007 at 02:55 AM.
Old 08-21-2007, 05:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

That's hilarious!

I put mine in an old plastic container (the ones chinese food comes in). One I DON'T eat out of.
Old 08-21-2007, 05:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

wd40runner, i've experienced that myself! i always put oil in an old coke can. i've used so much oil that its almost full. it was right next to the air conditioning, so it became cold... i mistaken it with my real coke...
Mmm... Slurpy!!!

luckily it isnt toxic, but its just nasty.

other than leting it out through a diarea mess on the toilet, how should i dispose of this shock oil? lol
Old 08-21-2007, 05:43 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

One night at the track a fella pulled the lid on his fuel bottle to fill it and sat it on the table next to his bottle of Gatorade, well he was then distracted before putting the lid back on and picked it up thinking it was his Gatorade.

Yep he drank some. And talk about a violent reaction. He was spitting and chocking. He finished the night and never got sick he didn't swallow enough I guess.?

That stuff is poison. Hes lucky.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:20 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Johnathan
wd40runner, i've experienced that myself! i always put oil in an old coke can. i've used so much oil that its almost full. it was right next to the air conditioning, so it became cold... i mistaken it with my real coke...
Mmm... Slurpy!!!

luckily it isnt toxic, but its just nasty.

other than leting it out through a diarea mess on the toilet, how should i dispose of this shock oil? lol

hahaha nice expereince, lol

i ussually put my old oil in another shock oil bottle that had nothin in it.once its full i tip it on some weeds cos its kills em and they dont grow back or on the lawn cos it helps it grow lol work that one out,

a few nasty experiences there hahaha boony
Old 08-21-2007, 09:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

That is not something you want to put on your tacos.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:26 AM
Tech Rookie

I just puor mine into an old motor oil bottle then when it gets full I dump it in with my old motor oil and take it to the auto parts store for recycling.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I use the trash.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

How about the used acetone in the coffee can to get tires off the rims? Is it okay to throw it off your apartment balcony?
Old 08-21-2007, 07:02 PM
Tech Adept

i saw a guy do that with his chew spit can once. by the time he finished puking half the people in the room were puking too. the other half were laughing themselves stupid. yuuuuuuuckky. but funny.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:00 PM
Tech Regular

as long as we are going to post tips and hints. i have one for you. under no circumstances every POUR,SPILL, OR HAVE FUEL any near your junk. either by accident or on purpose. as i was helping a guy during a race one night for the main he came in for a pit i fueld him quick and when setting the bottle down on to the wall it wasnt quite there and i starting throwing his truggy back down. well in that motion the fuel bottle had fallen off the wall to my side turning upside down and then to help it out i leaned on it pressure forcing fuel all over the boys. first reaction was hmm, well no what i got fuell all over me. the next nano second was figuring out the fastest way to put the fire out RIGHT NOW. not real fire but felt the same. ok run to the hose at end of pit lane a put it in my shorts, well then discovered that the pump had been turned off for the night. sheit!! run to the pump turn it on, back to the hose to dose myself with around 100 gallons of water. in the meantime, im right in front of the entire pit area and all people saw was me running around like an idiot, and trying to figure out just what the heck i was doing. i looked like the guys at Indy when the methanol fire would break out and you cant see the flames. man talk about a Hot Rod. so i though i would share that with you guys. but i have seen the shock oil deal before.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:21 PM
Tech Regular

that would suck

Last edited by wd40prerunner; 08-22-2007 at 07:46 AM.
Old 08-22-2007, 06:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

thats why electric is better! you just have giant firecrackers and flamethrowers instead of invisible flames!
Old 08-22-2007, 07:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

i only rebuild my shocks at the track because all we do is dump the shock oil out on the parking lot or on the the pit floor its not alot that comes out of the shock so its no big deal but one guy decided to rebuild his lst shocks and dumped it all right next to my table and a guy came to me to ask for some needle nose and when i glanced at him and then picked up the pliers and went to give them to him he had dissapeared and i mean i only looked away for a second and then i looked down and he was on the ground. It was the funniest thing ever.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:47 AM
Tech Regular

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.