R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 10-25-2007, 02:05 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bighomedog11 View Post
what is the polarity? What does that mean?
the + and - symbols on the esc - the red wire from the battery should go to the + on the ESC. the smoking plug meant it was hooked up backwards and short circuiting.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:12 PM   #17
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Bighomedog11 Send a message via Yahoo to Bighomedog11

Yea all my + an - are good.. Maybe the solder plug is not solder well on the ESC + and - wires.
Bighomedog11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 02:26 PM   #18
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

you never responded to the question of if you reset your speed control yet? what model is it?
Old 10-25-2007, 03:43 PM   #19
Tech Regular

I fix it. The problem was i had the wire to the motor the postive it was wired to the positive so it was like + & + So i fix it an put it - & + an it worked. But know the problem is i need to figure out how do i adjust the motor correctly to make it work good with my gear? I got the motor in an it runs an everything but it not adjusted good. I am wondering is there a guide or can somebody tell me how to adjust the motor good to get the best use out the motor

This is the kind of ESC i have. A tekin tsc 411 p2 is that a good ESC? I know it is an older one but it can still be good
Old 10-25-2007, 03:50 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

what do you need fixing with the gearing? is it going too slow or is it not accelerating right?
Old 10-25-2007, 03:53 PM   #21
Tech Regular

It seems like its too tight. When i go an let go of the gas it stops really fast like the brakes are on. So yes its slow. And it should be faster.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:29 PM   #22
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to annie_himself

Quote:
It seems like its too tight. When i go an let go of the gas it stops really fast like the brakes are on. So yes its slow. And it should be faster.
Thats called drag. The brake is applied so that its easier to enter turns on some tracks. The previous owner probably used it. You need to find a manual so you can adjust it out or lower.
annie_himself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 08:10 PM   #23
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Thats called drag. The brake is applied so that its easier to enter turns on some tracks. The previous owner probably used it. You need to find a manual so you can adjust it out or lower.
Oh alright. How do i take the motor out of that mode? I try to lower it but it still is in drag. Another question is does the ESC have reverse?
Old 10-25-2007, 08:23 PM   #24
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Oh alright. How do i take the motor out of that mode? I try to lower it but it still is in drag. Another question is does the ESC have reverse?
It's not the motor that is in a "mode", it is the ESC. You will need to find a manual and program out the drag brake. Nobody will be able to tell you if the ESC has reverse if you don't tell us what brand and model it is.
SQC049 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 08:26 PM   #25
Tech Regular

Alright i have a tekin tsc 411 p2. I will google a manual to take off the drag brake. I took my truck for a test run in my basement an man it is quick compared to stock
Old 10-25-2007, 08:28 PM   #26
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

That is an older Tekin if I remember correctly. I don't think that one has reverse, someone correct me if I'm wrong.
SQC049 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 09:53 PM   #27
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TechWun Send a message via MSN to TechWun Send a message via Yahoo to TechWun

The manual is here -> http://www.teamtekin.com/Manuals/TSC...11G2,420G2.pdf

And it's not one of those fancy 'one-touch' jobs either. You need to fully read and understand the manual to set it up. Your current problem is related to adjusting the 'neutral point' It's a great old school ESC and would still be competitive today. It's just not very 'convienent' in regards to setting it up.

Turn on your radio and vehicle with the rear wheels in the air. Center the throttle trim on the radio. Adjust the 'neutral point' adjustment in either direction slowly until the motor just starts to move forward, then crack the adjustment back a hair until it stops. Neutral point is now set and you will use reverse on the throttle to apply the brake. There is no drag brake. Forward should go forward, neutral should do nothing and reverse should apply the brake. Once you have the ESC setup int he area you need it in, you can just use the radio's trim adjustment to fine tune it from time to time.

- Matt