R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-23-2007, 11:18 AM   #1
Tech Champion
 
Jason Pelletier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 8,820
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default Who Has Pink 1/10 Truck taper pins ?

Who has these tires in stock and what would be similar ?
__________________
Island Raceway & Hobby
Jason Pelletier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 11:20 AM   #2
Tech Master
 
Slant EyEs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: So-Cal....
Posts: 1,021
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB FIVE View Post
Who has these tires in stock and what would be similar ?
Panther Switches and 2.0 in clay compounds would be similar.
__________________
-Jayson Pang-

Kyosho America - Peak Racing - KO Propo - AKA - DE Racing - Diggity Designs - Speedtech R/C - Team Slant EyEs
Slant EyEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 11:30 AM   #3
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,570
Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)
Default

I would run the panthers, they tend to hold up a lot longer then the others do.
party_wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 11:58 AM   #4
Tech Champion
 
Jason Pelletier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 8,820
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by party_wagon View Post
I would run the panthers, they tend to hold up a lot longer then the others do.
Thanks guys just ordered them !!! I will give them a try
__________________
Island Raceway & Hobby
Jason Pelletier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 04:15 PM   #5
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: south lake tahoe
Posts: 139
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

I bought last nite 1/10th scale truck tapers at so-cal rc HB 30% off i thought i hit the jack pot!!!!
checkama1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 06:47 PM   #6
Tech Master
 
jabroni racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: largo florida
Posts: 1,576
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to jabroni racing
Default

I Have 5 sets of New panther switches (1/10 truck) in clay compound for sale in the for sale area, for $55 shipped, they dont have foams, thats why so cheap, but also comes with a set of new in the box m3 proline step pins, thats 6 sets of tires total
jabroni racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 07:28 PM   #7
Tech Addict
 
mfishel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: the racing capital of the world
Posts: 551
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabroni racing View Post
I Have 5 sets of New panther switches (1/10 truck) in clay compound for sale in the for sale area, for $55 shipped, they dont have foams, thats why so cheap, but also comes with a set of new in the box m3 proline step pins, thats 6 sets of tires total
I don't know if you were buying the tires for the foams or not, but Panther actually sells the foams separate.
mfishel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 07:29 PM   #8
Tech Champion
 
Jason Pelletier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 8,820
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabroni racing View Post
I Have 5 sets of New panther switches (1/10 truck) in clay compound for sale in the for sale area, for $55 shipped, they dont have foams, thats why so cheap, but also comes with a set of new in the box m3 proline step pins, thats 6 sets of tires total
ill keep that in mind, i ordered a set of switch's i gotta try them first.
__________________
Island Raceway & Hobby
Jason Pelletier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 08:23 PM   #9
Tech Master
 
jabroni racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: largo florida
Posts: 1,576
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to jabroni racing
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfishel View Post
I don't know if you were buying the tires for the foams or not, but Panther actually sells the foams separate.
I didnt buy the tires for the foams, My dog got into my pile of foams and tore them up..LOL. bad dog...Just glad my tires were in a different box.
jabroni racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 10:32 PM   #10
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Plain City, OH
Posts: 727
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

In my opinion and experience, the switch 2.0 in clay is a good tire and does wear well, but when a track dries out a bit it dosn't work as good as pink.
__________________
XXX-CR, XXX-T CR, XXX-SCT (Kertez conversion)
CRCRC.COM
Sneaky Pete Racing
Hammer Racing
Bike racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 10:40 PM   #11
Tech Elite
 
Jake S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Erie PA
Posts: 4,607
Trader Rating: 66 (92%+)
Send a message via AIM to Jake S Send a message via MSN to Jake S
Default

if the track dries out switch 1.0 are alot better....

but on clay pretty much everywhere i run switch 2.0 on the back of buggy and truck, bobcats on the front of buggy, and switch 1.0 on the front of the truck.
__________________
VooDoo Racing Cells | Flying Farmer RC | Trackside Hobby | Prochko Paintz | RG1
Jake S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 07:40 AM   #12
Tech Champion
 
Jason Pelletier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 8,820
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

thanks for all the good info on tires guys
__________________
Island Raceway & Hobby
Jason Pelletier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 05:33 PM   #13
Tech Master
 
Slant EyEs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: So-Cal....
Posts: 1,021
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB FIVE View Post
ill keep that in mind, i ordered a set of switch's i gotta try them first.
Just one set? What do you plan on using up front? Just curious. It really depends on how much clay your home track has in it. A track that I race at here, I have used Soft compound 2.0's in the rear and Medium softs 2.0's up front. The track was a little dry and is indoors. Depending on the track, the 2.0's will give you more forward bite then the originals, however the originals tend to have more side bite. In front, the 2.0's tend to have more steering all around then the originals. There are so many variables that can play a factor. This is just my experiences with them. For instance, at the Reedy Truck Race, I ran 2.0's all around in Mod and 19T. In stock I ran originals up front with 2.0's in the rear. All Soft compound in the rear and Medium Softs up front. To really throw a wrench in things, depending on what foam you use could play another factor on how the tire grips....
__________________
-Jayson Pang-

Kyosho America - Peak Racing - KO Propo - AKA - DE Racing - Diggity Designs - Speedtech R/C - Team Slant EyEs
Slant EyEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 09:43 AM   #14
Tech Champion
 
Jason Pelletier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 8,820
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slant EyEs View Post
Just one set? What do you plan on using up front? Just curious. It really depends on how much clay your home track has in it. A track that I race at here, I have used Soft compound 2.0's in the rear and Medium softs 2.0's up front. The track was a little dry and is indoors. Depending on the track, the 2.0's will give you more forward bite then the originals, however the originals tend to have more side bite. In front, the 2.0's tend to have more steering all around then the originals. There are so many variables that can play a factor. This is just my experiences with them. For instance, at the Reedy Truck Race, I ran 2.0's all around in Mod and 19T. In stock I ran originals up front with 2.0's in the rear. All Soft compound in the rear and Medium Softs up front. To really throw a wrench in things, depending on what foam you use could play another factor on how the tire grips....
Losi pink directional ribs.


I just need tires to hold me over for pink tapers which my track is good with. Are these not like pink taper pins ?? Cause i thought they would be. I plan on running bomb one firm grey inserts all around.
__________________
Island Raceway & Hobby
Jason Pelletier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 01:17 AM   #15
Tech Master
 
Slant EyEs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: So-Cal....
Posts: 1,021
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB FIVE View Post
Losi pink directional ribs.


I just need tires to hold me over for pink tapers which my track is good with. Are these not like pink taper pins ?? Cause i thought they would be. I plan on running bomb one firm grey inserts all around.
Yes they are. Sometimes ribs tend to hook a little, thus giving you inconsistent steering at times, depending on your set-up. I think you will be happy with the tires. Which one did you get? The 2.0's or the original switches.
__________________
-Jayson Pang-

Kyosho America - Peak Racing - KO Propo - AKA - DE Racing - Diggity Designs - Speedtech R/C - Team Slant EyEs
Slant EyEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
losi pink pink taper pins johnny boy R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 9 04-03-2007 10:02 PM
WTB: LOSI PINK TAPER PINS - TRUCK Chris Furman R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 02-20-2007 09:06 PM
Team Losi "PINK" taper pins 4 Truck Zac R R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 10 01-31-2007 02:27 PM
FS Brand New Losi Pink taper pins Truck and Buggy. L.Fairtrace R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 04-10-2005 04:06 PM
I am looking for a set of PINK taper pins. wannabee R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 06-06-2002 11:30 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:58 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net