Old 10-22-2007, 08:50 AM   #31
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Sorry
Crazy Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 08:57 AM   #32
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

I found that the B4 is spectacular when it's new and as it develops slop it deteriorates badly and this happens fairly quickly. Losi car continues to run consistently as the car's plastic wears. The CR and Bk1 cars steer a little better than the Bk2 but the Bk2 is extremely easy to drive and easy to get used for little $$'s.
Davidka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 08:32 PM   #33
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by silence360 View Post
haha, I was thinking the same darn thing last night. You know what's funny, I thought a lot of people were going to say nice things about you since I see you post on here very frequently. I don't know you, nothing personal, but everytime I go down to practice and I ask about your Kyosho, you know what they say everytime, and I swear by this...ohh that hack, my favorite, ohh that hack with the camera. My gosh, it makes me almost happy that I don't race 2wd class at A-main. People don't really like you there at all, I stopped asking about your car last night because of that. I almost felt bad because gosh it sure did ruffle a few feathers and all I wanted to know was about your car. If I ever decide to race my 2wd and that fact comes through, I'll be done with that class. I hope none of these people are your friends either, but then again, there isn't many 2wd guys that race frequently there. A bit off topic, but I just had to get that in. I should be calling you Chris the hack woods from what people keep saying. The only reason why I knew your name was because it's in your sig, and people know who you are, it was like a lightbulb popping in everyones head LOL. Again, nothing personal, just totally caught me off guard. I won't ever ask about your car again because everytime I ask nothing good comes out of there mouth.

I would hate to see when you do get personal. All I have to say about that.

However, I would like to let it be known that A-Main Raceway/ Hometown Hobbies really is a great place to race, and even better, full of friendly, helpful rc-o-philes like most of the people reading this thread. If you are ever in the Portland area, dont hesitate to give A-Main a look.

As for Chris, he is a talented racer and really helpful guy. Racers are racers, and people complain when they dont win. I have raced side by side with Chris on many occasion, and he has always ran cleanly and with good sportmanship. I have personally witnessed Chris go out of his way to help novice racers and folks just checking out rc at the track (read: future racers).

Please dont base your opinions of people on heresay and third hand stories. I don't, and thats why I will shake your hand and be happy to meet you when you come race some Friday night.

Have a great day.

As far as the topic of this thread,I was the very first guy at my track to buy an rb5, and now there are three. In relation to the B4, it feels a little more stable, and it also seems a little more sensitive to setup changes: a couple little shims do a heck of a lot. I had a Losi BK1, and while certainly capable, it was frustrating to have to frankenstein a car out of three separate releases to get what I liked, and then there is Horizon hobbies parts support, and Losi's seemingly unstoppable downward spiral of RTR mediocrity.... I would go for a B4 if you want to just put on a factory guy's setup and drive, or an RB5 if you want more stability with the tradeoff of being much more on the "bleeding edge" of finding the right setup.
TSewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 12:09 PM   #34
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BSchorr Send a message via Yahoo to BSchorr Send a message via Skype™ to BSchorr

Losi 4 Life! Oh except when it comes to a Sedan and 12th scale, then you go with Xray and BMI... lols
Old 10-23-2007, 12:17 PM   #35
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchorr View Post
Losi 4 Life! Oh except when it comes to a Sedan and 12th scale, then you go with Xray and BMI... lols
You should give the losi sedan a try, made my xray feel like it was a rtr!

I started offroad a few months ago and started with the RB5 because you could see how much better it handled the landings and bumps over the losi/b4 but the fast guys here all run close and there are all of these cars going on a similar pace. One fast guy that recently switched told me he didn't have to the drive the rb hard to go fast, but his losi was easier to control when pushed hard.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:24 PM   #36
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BSchorr Send a message via Yahoo to BSchorr Send a message via Skype™ to BSchorr

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXray View Post
You should give the losi sedan a try, made my xray feel like it was a rtr!
I was going to, but I do not like the idea of routing my wires all funky throughout the chassis, risk burning the belt trying to solder batteries in, and then having to take the battery out the bottom every time (unless i ran lipo). Its just not my bag, baby!

We better keep this thread on track before I get barked at by the kiddies.
Old 12-16-2008, 10:49 AM   #37
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi all,

I'm just getting back into racing, after a 17 year hiatus. I can't comment on the performance of any of the kits, but I can tell you my experience about running a car that you can't buy parts for at your local track.

Back in the day, I ran a Kyosho 4wd car. It was hands down a killer car - I was faster than most. It was also the only Kyosho on the track, maybe even the county. I can't count how many times I've broken a $3 part and be in the pits for the rest of the day because my local track didn't support it.

I'm starting again, with Team Associated, simply for the availability of parts at my local track.

I've noticed that R/Crs tend to be nostalgic. There seems to be a lot of loyalty to the brand in which was their first 'good' car. I would, without a doubt go Kyosho, just for nostalgia, if parts were available locally.

In my opinion, anyone will get better by driving more, and sitting in the pits less. It's been my experience that any car that you can keep on the track, and learn to drive, will do the trick. Racing is much more about the drivers ability to learn how to drive his car, than which car it is.

That aside, I do appreciate the feedback regarding general characteristics of each of these capable cars 'out of the box'.

Johnny
f00fy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 11:19 AM   #38
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Alberico View Post
Academy GV2. Yeap...it's that good.
+1!! It's all about your driving style and which cars characteristics fit it.I have driven all of the above and I personally found the one I am most comfortable driving regarless of setup.I like a little controled push in my car at high speeds.
the b4 was just to twitchy in the front for me
xxx was SUPER easy to keep the rear end planted, sometimes TOO planted.
rb5 I was happy with ,i just didnt feel confident driving it.
GV2 I can drive hard as hell and feel super confident with.
Old 12-16-2008, 01:30 PM   #39
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I have all three about to put some time in on the losi but i would suggest for starting out go with the losi or the rb5, the b4 is twitchy and high maintence. It needs a smooth driver to keep it going fast when the track conditions are alil off.

soo all in all i would say rb5 if you can get the parts easy. It's in the middle.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:53 PM   #40
Tech Apprentice

They all suck. Get a traxxas bandit like the rest of the pro's

Last edited by Klen420; 12-16-2008 at 11:14 PM.
Klen420 is offline   Reply With Quote