R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 10-21-2007, 11:09 AM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

They are all very good cars. Anyone can win races. Box stock setup the B4 is probably the best out of the three, maybe this gives it an advantage for someone starting out. The kyosho seems to soft all around oils and springs and the losi is too stiff.
I have ran a b4 for 3 winters now and mostly run on small high bite indoor tracks. The thing with the b4 for me was that regardless of setup it needs to be loose to be fast. It needs to be driven smooth and is higher centered than the other 2 chassis'. It does work well and you can run virtually the same setup on any track.
I have a losi now and in 4 packs ran more consistant than with my b4's ever were. The car needs to be real soft sprung with lighter oils. The bad rap people get is that it doesnt turn that simply isnt true at all. The car just overall has more rear bite which on tight indoor tracks with alot of point and shoot corners its ideal. The car needs to roll side to side more allowing the rear to steer the car.But for some this is difficult to drive because it can get away from you fast. Overall I like mine so far. The biggest thing i noticed about the cr is that it just has alot of bite and is more stable than the b4 due to the lower cg.
I have only driven an RB5 a few times but its a very fast car. It is closer to the losi than an associated as far as traction and steering.
Although at my LHS i can walk in and get most parts for the car its still going to be sometime before the walls are full of kyosho at most. On a side note the car is superior to losi and ae for durability its a tough car.

Comes down to what you can get locally. And other peoples setups are only a starting point.
schmelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 11:10 AM   #17
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Joe View Post
"...nothing personal..."?

More like:

"...nothing (but) personal..."
haha naw man, I don't even know the guy. But I am sure hell done asking about him and his car if no one has anything nice to say. I just go there to practice LOL. If he takes it personal that's him. I was just surprised to hear what came out of people mouths, and when it's fellow racers then something isn't right. Then he makes that comment above.
silence360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 11:30 AM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

It sounds like a really friendly track alright. I'm just not sure you needed to repeat all the slams to make your point...LOL If it's the way it sounds, he's probably heard them plenty of times.

I had a CR and I could never get it to drive the way it should, plus...it broke every single time I took it out.

I'm not a 2wd buggy driving or setup expert, so I just bought the RB-5 and it works. I miss the CR...it's a nice car to look at, but it just didn't work for me. The RB-5 is a VERY tough car. I've busted a few shock caps and one c-hub...that's it for 6 weeks. Great car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silence360 View Post
haha naw man, I don't even know the guy. But I am sure hell done asking about him and his car if no one has anything nice to say. I just go there to practice LOL. If he takes it personal that's him. I was just surprised to hear what came out of people mouths, and when it's fellow racers then something isn't right. Then he makes that comment above.
Turbo Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 11:37 AM   #19
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

yea i here what all of you are saying....and to tell ya the truth i thought this thread was about which is the better car for newbees......

i was just saying out of the box out of the losi cr buggy and the ae b4 that the b4 would prolly be better for a newbee.....but then again that might depend on what the lhs can stock...or what they might like better
morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 11:42 AM   #20
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Ive been running Losi products since the JRX2. After I sold my 8ight to race at the much closer 10th scale track, I went all AE (FT B4 and T4) just to see how the 'other side' lives. I really like the AE cars, and I really liked the Losi cars. In the right hands, any of the top level cars will win. I would go with the car that has the most support at your local track. At my home track, we have Ryan Maifield and Billy Fischer out twice a week almost every single week.. and the shop stocks parts for the Losi,AE,and Kyosho cars.. If you are new to the class, you wont feel the difference regardless.

My $0.02, YMMV
FlyByWire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 12:33 PM   #21
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I've raced both the B4 and XXXCR (my current ride). The B4 is hands down a ballistic car, but too inconsistant. One heat you could be spot on, and the next all over the place. Rear traction always seemed to be an issue for me. I felt as if I was always chasing set-up to be able to hit my lines lap after lap. The XXXCR on the other hand has tons of rear traction, and stays pretty consistant from heat to heat. Its the best turning XXX to date, I'm always in the top 3 when ever we race with a field of B4's. Right now looks like the RB5 is the car to have, but my only worry is with kyosho's history of realeasing a car then discontinuing it after only 2 yrs. Thats my main reason for not buying one.
I find this whole losi vs associated kinda funny since I will surely buy a associated B5 whenever it comes out, and really dont care if losi sells to walmart, just means losi is big enough to be noticed. Some PPl take there brand loyalty way too seriously, and bash anything else with wheels.
hobbipro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 01:02 PM   #22
Tech Initiate

I have both a Losi and an Associated and they both drive fairly well.The Losi seems to have a ton of rear grip and sometimes have a little understeer.The Associated seems to have a bit more steering and a little less rear traction which is better for my dring style.The RB5 seems to be just as good has the other 2.I would just go with the car that has the best parts surport and what the other racers are using at your track so you could get set-up help.
rossoleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 01:06 PM   #23
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to mafiaracers Send a message via MSN to mafiaracers

did that just happen? I am so confused right now it's not even funny....

MAFIA MOTORSPORTS
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-items-sale-trade/168239-pit-board.html

TEAM WAVE
www.teamwaveonline.com

TQ Racing Wire
www.tqracing.com
mafiaracers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 02:14 PM   #24
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

All the cars are good, look at worlds results, RB5,B4,XXX CR, it is all depends on the driver,the setup and what the track conditions are. These buggies can be setup to be forgiving or pushy, aggressive or whatever.

these buggies are comparable to 1/8s, lots of choices and but can win.

Wells Fargo Home Team
theanimaleide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 04:14 PM   #25
Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to zardoz Send a message via AIM to zardoz Send a message via MSN to zardoz Send a message via Yahoo to zardoz

I've messed with the Losi and AE, which I have a FTB4. A lot of it depends on driving style. I consistently turn good lap times with my B4. I didn't really care too much for the Losi, but thats more for my driving style than anything else. I haven't had an opportunity to play with the Kyosho. My best suggestion is to mess with each car and see which you prefer.
zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 06:47 AM   #26
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to GroffBall

I didn't own a CR, but I used to run all losi so I had a BK1 and a BK2. Now I run a B4. Either car can be fast but the main difference I notice is to go fast with the Losi I had to push hard which the car accepted and returned fast lap times. With the B4 I have to drive it smooth and consistant if I try and push too much the car goes slower which coming from running 8th scale all summer took some getting used to.
GroffBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 07:35 AM   #27
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroffBall View Post
I didn't own a CR, but I used to run all losi so I had a BK1 and a BK2. Now I run a B4. Either car can be fast but the main difference I notice is to go fast with the Losi I had to push hard which the car accepted and returned fast lap times. With the B4 I have to drive it smooth and consistant if I try and push too much the car goes slower which coming from running 8th scale all summer took some getting used to.
Hey your Associated was fast and especially when you ripped the right rear off your car 2 weeks ago. Damn you car was much lighter than anyone elses and the 1wd system worked flawlessly.:lol.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 08:26 AM   #28
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

ultima Rb5 is super durable and easy to drive. They are all good but i prefer the Rb5. the shocks are by far the best.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:48 AM   #29
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

I owned a B4 and got a RB5.
I went faster. I currently testing a CR so far it seems to also good. but need more time on it.
And when I say good I mean good for my driving style.[COLOR="darkred"] The RB5 is very durable and as stated above has great shocks.
I would run what ever your track supports and what the fast guys are running to be able to get the help you may need if you are just starting out.
Crazy Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 08:49 AM   #30
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

I owned a B4 and got a RB5.
I went faster. I currently testing a CR so far it seems to also good. but need more time on it.
And when I say good I mean good[/COLOR] for my driving style.[COLOR="darkred"] The RB5 is very durable and as stated above has great shocks.
I would run what ever your track supports and what the fast guys are running to be able to get the help you may need if you are just starting out.
Crazy Carl is offline   Reply With Quote