R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 06-29-2003, 02:51 AM   #91
Tech Rookie

Stupid Yanks? Hmmm what makes you think I'm a yank?
I could be from Spain for all you know. You must have a little free time from jumping lumber yard scraps to drop in and insult us.
Well I was inspired by your driving style today so I grabbed an old diving board set it on fire and jumped my Kyosho into a big kiddy pool filled with chilled pig urine.
mugenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 05:38 AM   #92
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to uDi_MP7.5

Last edited by uDi_MP7.5; 04-26-2012 at 07:13 AM.
uDi_MP7.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 06:28 AM   #93
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Let's get back to the X5 please. Get away from all this location and sexual preference dribble, and get back to what works for the X5. If you don't like the X5, piss-off and post somewhere else. If you like it, tells us why, if you find something that works - let us know. I'm an Aussie and I'm NOT gay, and some of my closest friends are BIG OL' yanks! Does anybody realise the cars (toy cars) you are squabbling over are made in Japan. OK, somebody tell me about a change they made to their X5 that increased traction, stability or lowered your lap times. I have 1/10 scale stadium trucks, 1/10 scale touring cars, 1/5 scale on road cars and I truly love the X5 - it is my favourite. Can we please stop degrading it?
lineburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 11:12 PM   #94
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I made a couple of adjustments to my setup this weekend, and it made the car easier to drive. I was running 5k, 7k, 2k in the diffs with no small o-rings, and it gave too much on-power steering. Even running the 3 dgree rear toe block the rear end wanted to step out if you hit the gas too hard coming out of turns. I went to 1k in the rear diff. The rear end is planted now, and allowed me to hammer the throttle and the car went straight. Now that I had that fixed, I went to the 2.5 rear toe block which gave more corner speed and the rear was still very stable.

I was running 40/35 in the shocks but I'm now running 35/30. The car feels more responsive. The biggest change I made was switching the sway bars. The stock bars are very stiff, and the car wanted to hop around and get loose in the corners. I put MBX4 sway bars on and it helped a lot. If you run on a smooth high bite track the stock swaybars would be good, but for rough tracks I would go for the smaller swaybars.
rcgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 10:49 AM   #95
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

hey im getting into 1/8 scale if you are wanting to buy the new mbx 5 or just trying to sell and want to sell your k2 email me at [email protected] with pics info and asking price

tks

Josh
R@ge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 03:45 PM   #96
Tech Apprentice

does anybody race their MBX5s. If so, what are your results and experiences? What buggies are winning?
metal gear 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 07:35 PM   #97
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i just got back from the east coast pro series race

if anyone is unfamiliar with the pro series it needs to be understood that thier qualifying is absolutely crazy

the track was a blue almost black groove track it was very slick and some of the turns were very tight i took the front sway bar off and put the mbx4 sway bar on the rear diffs were 3k,5k,1k rear no o-rings shock oil was 40 front and 30 rear all the rest of the settings were according to the manual

that setup gave me alot of steering and allowed me to run good times i dont now where that woulda put me if we were qualifying by time instead of points but it would have been pretty good i won my second qualifier with a nice time

i have heard of the steering linkage bending and i saw a broken front lower arm and another mbx5 with a broken front aluminum brace the piece that holds the hinge pins but this particular track had a HUGE table top jump and i think that was the only place it coulda been damaged like that

i didnt break anything untill my main when i blew the steering servo gears

i was in the D i think there were somewhere between 75-80 racers in 1/8 i qualified 26th 2nd for the D

so i did pretty darn well i am by no means a fast experienced racer i am kinda new to offroad still since i have only been racing in the dirt since mid summer last year and we dont race from october to april

i give most of the credit to the buggy and the p5 engine i think the mbx5 is extremely fast i likes to fly through the air and turns very well

i would only take the front sway bar off if you really need alot of steering without using any brake i could come into a corner and just pivot the buggy around

also i have got to give credit to panther tires i used komodo dragon and step pin and i believe the tire choice for the A main drivers almost all used the chameleon tires

i dont know if any mbx5s made it to the A main maybe a couple i dont think there were more than 1 or 2 guys from team mugen there i know that there were alot of kyosho cars in the A and brian burnett (last years pro series winner) won the race by i would guess 5-10 seconds over chad phillips i dont know the running order after that
Old 07-01-2003, 08:38 AM   #98
Tech Apprentice

thanks for sharing. What steering servo were you using and what have you replaced it with?
Old 07-01-2003, 07:35 PM   #99
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i am using a futaba digital S9451

i am just going to send it to futaba for repair or get a set of gears from LHS and repair it myself

more than likely it was caused by me running into something or someone

i know i had the servo saver set very tight and i use an aluminum servo arm

i am going to put a hitec digital 5925 servo in temporarily i have a couple of them lying around since i used to use them before getting the futaba servos but they went bad kinda often so i bought the futaba servos
Old 07-01-2003, 11:23 PM   #100
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to uDi_MP7.5

Last edited by uDi_MP7.5; 04-26-2012 at 07:12 AM.
uDi_MP7.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 11:53 PM   #101
Tech Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to TambokGT

Quote:
Originally posted by metal gear 2010
thanks for sharing. What steering servo were you using and what have you replaced it with?
Do yourself a favor and get an analog Airtronics servo for steering and throttle .....the 94359Z or 94358Z.....they are bulletproof......had a couple of Hitecs and Futabas crapped on me. Airtronics analogs are the best for off road 1/8 buggies.
TambokGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 07:37 AM   #102
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I had never made a final till I got the X5. Always there just sitting on the edge, but out of the box with the kit setup - strraight into my first final. I and most people I know use Sanwa ERG-VX digital or Sanwa ERG-VB analog servos in our buggies and 1/5 scale cars. I'm not quite sure what the airtronics number is, but they're the same servo under different names, eg USA - airtronics, Australia/Asia - Sanwa.
lineburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 09:47 AM   #103
Tech Apprentice

I've been running Hitec's HS 5945 MG in my Kanai 2 with no problems
Old 07-02-2003, 01:48 PM   #104
Tech Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to TambokGT

Quote:
Originally posted by metal gear 2010
I've been running Hitec's HS 5945 MG in my Kanai 2 with no problems
...well you are lucky......depends on how rough the track you run at too.......at KZ Speedway those things just can't cut it.
TambokGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 02:40 PM   #105
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by TambokGT
Do yourself a favor and get an analog Airtronics servo for steering and throttle .....the 94359Z or 94358Z.....they are bulletproof......had a couple of Hitecs and Futabas crapped on me. Airtronics analogs are the best for off road 1/8 buggies.
Are the airtronics servos you are talking about analog. I prefer to use digital servos