R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 06-25-2003, 06:51 AM   #76
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

That ebay price is a good price. However, if [email protected] has it in stock it is only US$498. The diffs are the same only lower but, 95% of the parts from the XR don't fit the X5. This is not a bad thing as not only did I make my first final on the weekend but I finished 5th out of 10 cars. So, yes this buggy is faster (with the same engine) and easier to drive than the XR. I'm so impressed that I'm selling my son's and betterhalf's 2 XRs so I can buy them the X5s.
lineburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 07:19 AM   #77
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to uDi_MP7.5

Last edited by uDi_MP7.5; 04-26-2012 at 07:14 AM.
uDi_MP7.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 08:25 AM   #78
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

uDi_MP7.5,
I get all my parts from a trackside dealer. A man who has a business and does hobby stuff on the side. Prices are low as he tries to keep people in the hobby, not price them out of the hobby. Having said this, my dealings with overseas hobby stores have saved me hundreds of dollars. I know it's hard, but I too use to be a basher like you. Do yourself a favour, and try and a club where you can race. It will change your outlook on this hobby. You will meet a lot of people that will be able to help you out, not only with the car, but parts also. I was never going to join a club, but now me, my bitch and my 9yr old son all race at my local club. And I couldn't afford to do this if I didn't know these people. As for cars and parts, go overseas. The Mugen MBX-5 to my doorstep from Hong Kong is AUS$750, local trackside dealer is AUS$970, LHS is AUS$1200. The savings also work with parts. Qld titles are 8-11th August 2003, in Rockhampton. Please come and have a look.
lineburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 04:51 PM   #79
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

thats amazing how much difference in price there is between hong kong your local dealer and the LHS

how much is an aussi $ vs american dollar

i paid $550 for mine from my LHS i try to buy as much as i can from him price was a little higher than i coulda found online but online they wouldnt have opened a kit to steal a body out for me after i broke it the first weekend either

problem with LHS is they dont seem to carry the parts i need i cant wait for him to order the stuff anymore so when i need something within a couple weeks i have to order it

like for this weekend i am going to the pro-series race about 3 hours away from home with no mugen parts available except what one guy says he is going to bring with him from his LHS so i had to go out and order everything i thought i could possibly break cost me about $300

i have talked with guys at the track who go to other hobbystores and pay retail i try to encourage them to go online for better deals because i couldnt afford to race if i had to pay retail either these poor guys i have seen them show up for club races with tires i would never think about running because they simply cant afford anymore and i can totally understand if they think they have to pay retail prices

when i raced touring car i found that if i went to LHS i could get 1 pair foam for about $15 and that was with my discount retail was $22 but if i ordered them from hong kong i could get them for $10 per pair and that price included the shipping i got 22 pair tires shipped to my house for $219 thanks to someone here on this message board i was able to cut 1/3 of the price i was paying and never had to leave home to do it

now back to the mbx5 udi it would save you money because it is totally unbreakable trust me ive gave it a very tough durabilty test the last 2 races now instead of just being a hack i am now a really fast high flying A main hack
Old 06-27-2003, 06:06 AM   #80
Tech Regular

Last edited by uDi_MP7.5; 04-26-2012 at 07:14 AM.
Old 06-27-2003, 12:40 PM   #81
Tech Rookie

Cool MBX-5

Well uDi_MP7.5 after some careful consideration I broke down and bought a MBX-5. I must say this is the best Buggy I have ever driven; I was inspired by your Kyosho worship so in honor of you I stripped down my K2 and put it up for sale on Ebay. With the money I will save on parts (Kyosho is double what Mugen charges) I can stock up for the next 2 seasons on parts for the Mugen (even though the Mugen is so tough I probably won’t need them. Don't take this personally but until you race on at least a semi regular basis you really have no credibility or for that matter respect from other drivers who do race every weekend.
You can not really judge the quality of a car by jumping it off a BMX clown jump in the local park on grass for a bunch of kids. Try racing in a 30 to 45 minute main with some grownups in 90 degree weather were you have to time out your pit stops, conserve your car for the end. You post on just about every forum with the same Kyosho worship crap, this must be your first car, I have 5 1/8 scale buggies, Hyper7 Pro, K2, 2 XR's and the MBX-5. Dude your just green and you have way to much time on your hands, till you attach a real transponder to your car and do some real competing I suggest you sit back and let the grown ups do the talking. Maybe there is a park bashing forum you can enjoy.

“Mugen Seiki, Life is short why not buy the best?
mugenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2003, 04:00 PM   #82
Tech Initiate

Smile

i agree with you man i sold my k2 as well and LOVE my mbx5 all these park thrashers talk on here you know that just read around and its visable!
705guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2003, 06:35 PM   #83
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Well said Mugenator!

I've been racing 1/8 and 1/10 nitro for 8 years every weekend, and this 15 year old kid basically told me I was full of $hit when I tried to tell him how good the MBX5 is. Funny stuff.
rcgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2003, 08:36 PM   #84
Tech Rookie

Well he's an obvious thumb sucker as far as I'm concerned and his inane commentary without any racing background has gone on way to long. He's on every forum spewing oral diarrhea about how Kyosho is the best and I'm just getting tired of having to wade through his ridiculous posts.
My god maybe if he can finally blow Yuchi Kanai he will finally fulfill his prophesy. There is no skill in jumping a goofy 2x4 X Games type ski jump in a local park and if that's the only experience you have then shut the #$%ck up and just let us enjoy constructive discussions on the MBX-5 and what setups are working for us.
I mean if you don't even own the car what the hell are doing debating the merits of it........because he's jealous and he can't afford it and we are enjoying this fantastic car and he's not.

mugenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2003, 08:43 PM   #85
Tech Initiate

1 more time im with you i thought the same thing ive read that aussies crap a few times myself!
Old 06-28-2003, 02:07 AM   #86
Tech Regular

Last edited by uDi_MP7.5; 04-26-2012 at 07:15 AM.
Old 06-28-2003, 06:16 AM   #87
Tech Initiate

yanks???always u gay aussie faggots to get into something on a forum .,,
Old 06-28-2003, 07:32 AM   #88
Tech Adept

"stupid yanks" "aussie faggots"......This is truley pathetic on so many levels. How a discussion about toy cars can turn into somthing like this is beyond me.

Matt
pkranger63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2003, 02:32 PM   #89
Tech Initiate

than u shouldnt reply and stoop to the TOY level
Old 06-28-2003, 03:45 PM   #90
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by 705guy
than u shouldnt reply and stoop to the TOY level
Ok...I am not even sure what that is supposed to mean. What seperates this board from most is that you don't have to wade through a bunch of garbage to read useful information. I have been following this thread with the intent of purchasing a MBX5. So you can understand my dissapointment when I see a couple of new board members turn this thread into a forum to fling slurs based on nationality. It has no place here. Just enjoy the vast amount of information you have at your fingers tips and leave the kiddie name calling at home.

Thanks
Matt
pkranger63 is offline   Reply With Quote