Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MBX5 is here!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2003, 03:29 PM
Tech Elite

I've been a futaba user....this radio is the best radio IMO.
You have the option of using the HRS ( High Response Signal )Receiver.....I used it in my 1/8 on road. Right now I only use a PCM receiver in my MBX5.
Old 08-19-2003, 08:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

so how do you like the HRS?

does it still have failsafe?

and did you feel the difference?

i had the mars r radio and i noticed the difference when i switched to it from the m8

it was kinda like using a faster servo and it made me feel more in control

i hope that i dont feel like the radio is slow now that ive switched

i doubt i will but its possible

i guess you run digitals in your onroad i was running digital sevos only untill i bought that 94357

maybe it will all balance out since i was running a slightly slower servo before

but now that i think about it i didnt feel any difference between the hitec i just put in and the futaba i just took out even though the hitec is faster

what has been your favorite feature on the 3pk? i havent really even played with it much yet i do like how it shows the graph when setting exponetial

speaking of exp do you use it and if so about how much? i was using about 25 out of 150 on the mars but after seeing that on the graph its almost zero

i need a good long practice where i can run the car and play with the radio all day
Old 08-19-2003, 10:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by PTP Racing
so how do you like the HRS?

does it still have failsafe?

and did you feel the difference?

i had the mars r radio and i noticed the difference when i switched to it from the m8

it was kinda like using a faster servo and it made me feel more in control

i hope that i dont feel like the radio is slow now that ive switched

i doubt i will but its possible

i guess you run digitals in your onroad i was running digital sevos only untill i bought that 94357

maybe it will all balance out since i was running a slightly slower servo before

but now that i think about it i didnt feel any difference between the hitec i just put in and the futaba i just took out even though the hitec is faster

what has been your favorite feature on the 3pk? i havent really even played with it much yet i do like how it shows the graph when setting exponetial

speaking of exp do you use it and if so about how much? i was using about 25 out of 150 on the mars but after seeing that on the graph its almost zero

i need a good long practice where i can run the car and play with the radio all day
I only use the HRS in my on road....all digital servos.
Yes HRS is like PCM with failsafe but this particular receiver only works on digital servos...tried using analog on them and almost fried one.
I don't really need a very sensitive radio setup for off road...since drivine off road style is more forgiving than running on road.....if you know what I mean.

favorite feature of 3PK? everyhting is within thumbs reach. I can operate the menu buttons with just my thumb.

I seldom use the exponential buttons.
Old 08-20-2003, 02:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Last edited by uDi_MP7.5; 04-26-2012 at 06:23 AM.
Old 08-20-2003, 04:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by uDi_MP7.5
think u missed my q..
if u still got both buggies lyin around..
sold my K2 months ago......checked X5s cvd diameter it's 4.5mm more or less.
Old 08-20-2003, 04:45 PM
Tech Elite

yeah i like the fact most all adjustments can be made right from the steering wheel area also my mars has that feature also

i read the manual for 3pk at lunch time today and it looks like i had most everything figured out already

your right it does say hrs has failsafe i may get one of those if for some odd reason i go back to all digitals in my mbx5 but now i have that 94357 in it so i cant

can you feel a difference between hrs and pcm?

does airtronics make any digital servos comparable to the 94357 or 94358?

i know alot of guys dont like the digitals but i kinda do i like how i can hear them making noise untill the servo has found its absolute center then i know its doing it job

the 94357 is the first analog servo ive bought in 2 years in fact its the only one i own but since everyone was saying they were the best who was i to argue
Old 08-20-2003, 05:08 PM
Tech Elite

airtronics have digitals..... check out there site.

www.airtronics.net

The hrs does feel faster than an ordinary PCM or PPM receiver....this is from running it in on road....not off road.
Old 09-07-2003, 12:50 AM
Tech Elite

anyone wants to share their X5 setups?
Old 09-07-2003, 05:38 AM
Tech Elite

i think you know mine already
Old 09-07-2003, 06:50 AM
Tech Elite

I tried a JR 8411 in my T4 with a PPM receiver and it was slow enough that I could turn the wheel on my 3PK faster then the servo could react. I then decided to put it in my K1. I used the HRS receiver in it and it turns the 8th scale wheels much faster then it did in the T4. Both steering assemblies are free moving. It's obvious that the digital and HRS are a faster combo to use for sure. I was alittle hesitant to wrench the 8411 in the 8th scale after seeing how slow it was ina electric truck but now that I did, I'm glad I did. It's much faster.

What's up PTP?? I guess I'm jumping ship on the K car and getting Mugen. Not til next season though.
Old 09-07-2003, 07:01 AM
Tech Elite

PTP what shoes and springs have you been using with the P5??? I'm considering a P5 but it will have a JP infront of it. I'm thinking Mugen aluminum shoes with 1.1 springs so the RPM will be up and closer to the power band.
Old 09-08-2003, 08:57 AM
Tech Master

If anyone is interested in some nice Racers Edge shock towers for their X5, I have a set (NEW) for sale on eBay (#3144881302) for cheap. Thanks
Old 09-08-2003, 06:13 PM
Tech Elite

hobbytown the mbx5 kit came with 1.0 springs and aluminum shoes and thats what i recommend (LOTS OF PUNCH)

ive also run 1.1 springs and white shoes which is very close

with the aluminum shoes and 1.1 springs you may have too much bottom end and i bet your tire wear would be horrible at least on a gooved up hard packed track

i may however try the 1.1 springs with the aluminum shoes when we go to VA beach because i hear their track is loamy

a JP p5 is going to be outrageously fast personally i wouldnt ever think to run an engine any faster than mine was out the box

it has bottom end power that most engines can only dream of
Old 09-09-2003, 06:31 AM
Tech Elite

Jason, with a loamy surface you'll want earlier engagement not later. You'll be doing donuts if you use a heavier spring. The JP P5 is a wicked engine from what I hear. That's a good think, I want as much as I can handle and then some.
Old 09-09-2003, 03:28 PM
Tech Elite

yeah your right

the way it was described to me from the last race made me believe the cars were getting bogged down in some parts

but it was just posted on TTT that the track is going to be different than before they hope it to be like pasadena

i just got some panther komodo dragons off ebay cheap im going to mount them plus i have 9011s and crimefighters so i should be good for tires i hope

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.