MBX5 is here!!!!

Old 07-02-2003, 11:21 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Servos

Originally posted by mugenator
BTW: You guys need to lighten up and get back on track, especially metal monkey. Christ give it a rest. metal gear 2010 I don't know you but I'm guessing by your Yuchi worship that deep down you really want to lick his sack. Maybe you should write to him and see if he will let you fondle his servos?

God Bless Happy 4th everybody
LOL. you're right Mugenator.....let's talk r/c
Old 07-02-2003, 11:25 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Servos

[suit me better.

Metal gear 2010 I don't know you but I'm guessing by your Yuchi worship that deep down you really want to lick his sack. Maybe you should write to him and see if he will let you fondle his servos?

That's just too funny!!! Sorry man!!!!

Happy 4th too everybody and race hard!!!
Old 07-03-2003, 04:47 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Guys this thread supposed to be about the X5, lets get back on track pls.
Old 07-03-2003, 03:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

someone a few pages ago asked what buggy/truck i run

MUGEN of course thats why i came to this thread

mbx5 and mst-1 both are less than 1 month old at this point i had bought a mbx4xr last spring but i traded it away for the mst-1

that was an awfully stupid arguement on the last 2 pages

i dont see anything wrong with racing in the sportsman class if the expert is packed full of full sponsor racers

of course i would probably race in whatever class was bigger or more competitve if expert was 20-30 guys and sportsman was 10-15 i would run expert and take my whoopin each week but if expert is 10-15 sponsored guys and sportsman was the bigger class i would be in sportsman

i raced in the expert class at pro-series and took my whoopin

no matter my opinion making fun of him for racing in the sportsman class was quite immmature then making threats was just stupid

we race toy cars why does it get so serious

and on the topic of servos those airtronics sound kinda expensive i think i will stick with the futabas with my hitec back-ups unless a really good deal comes along

i havent checked it yet but i bet i can fix the futaba myself for about $10-$15 for some new gears

tambok have you gotten a mbx5 yet?

sure has been alot of yuchi talk on a mugen thread if your going to sweat someone degani is the new world champ

personally it doesnt matter much to me what the full sponsor guys run because alot of the time they run what they can get for free or what they are told they have to run by their sponsors its the guys like me who have to spend their hard earned money that i am more interested in hearing from guys like tambok who have had and ruined a whole rack of servos to find the best one

thats what these boards are all about if you only care about what sponsored guys have to say either go to sgrid where they occassionally hang out or youll spend a really long time waiting to hear from them here because i havent seen many on this board
Old 07-03-2003, 05:21 PM
Tech Rookie

I like to go in the opposite direction of the sponsored drivers.
That's why I went with Mugen and shelved my K2. I just got tired of running with the pack; fortunately the X5 has turned out to be a fantastic car. So good in fact I'm selling all of my other 1/8 buggies. I'm thinking of getting the Mugen MRX3 1/8 as well.
Anyway the whole sportsman verses Pro class was a dumbass argument, and metal nuts really showed that the metal plate in his head has really afected his judgment. The best thing is to gage were you’re at, and then decide were your going to have the most fun. I started off in sportsman till our track eliminated the class 3 years ago. I've been in expert since I started 1/8 scale buggy( I really had no choice it was the only class)
Anyone challenging someone based on the class they decide to run in needs to check their pants for a vagina.

GO MUGEN!
Old 07-03-2003, 07:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Last edited by uDi_MP7.5; 04-26-2012 at 06:12 AM.
Old 07-03-2003, 08:18 PM
Tech Rookie

You mean to tell me you've never jumped your car into a kiddy pool full of chilled pig urine? I though that was a mainstay with all the backyard bashers.
Old 07-04-2003, 10:00 AM
Tech Elite

PTP Racing:
still working on getting the X5.........drove it once(friend's car)......just loved it.

Udi:
they are the Airtronics 94358Zs and 94359zs rated .10 sec./200 torque......they are quite expensive...My LHS sells those for $130 to $150.....the 359s have the aluminum heat sink casing on 'em.
Try EBAY guys.....once you tried one you will never go to another brand IME.

Mugenator:
I race the MRX3 and it's the most driver friendly 1/8 car out there....Mugen did a good job on the on road car BUT....I heard there coming out with a MRX4 ...it's the MRX3 with a different rear end..........don't ask me....I like the car just the way it is right now.
If I were you......wait and keep your ears and eyes open.

....you don't want to be like me....I bought the K2 and a month after, the X5 came out.....bummer.
Old 07-05-2003, 12:20 AM
Tech Elite

just sold my K2....X5 baby here I come!!!!!
Old 07-05-2003, 02:18 AM
Tech Addict

is Novarossi P5 a good motor for 1/8 buggy? is it popular?
Thanks
Old 07-05-2003, 06:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i have a P5 in my buggy and i absolutely love it

it ran so well i went ahead and sold my other 2 .21 engines because i knew i would never use them again

i also feel that since its a novarossi engine it will last a long time

it is a very popular engine right now and for good reason

i used to run an OS v01b and the P5 is just faster top and bottom

tambok i will take a look at those servos and ask some racers who use them locally but i dont think i can afford to spend more than $100 per servo
Old 07-05-2003, 08:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by PTP Racing
tambok i will take a look at those servos and ask some racers who use them locally but i dont think i can afford to spend more than $100 per servo
Yesterday my S9450 Futaba digital servo crapped out on me....and to think it was used as a throttle servo in an 1/8 on road car. The thing just got stuck and won't move...I can here it humming.......oh well....that's the last Futaba I have in my arsenal.

I also run the P5 ...it has a linear powerband ...very easy and smooth....lots of bottom and top....P5 is highly recommendable.

PTP Racing:
I bought my airtonics servo from this dude selling it on Ebay......I cannot afford those servos if I buy it at my LHS and pay retail price.
Old 07-05-2003, 08:54 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks guys..

Where can i get one and around $?

Old 07-05-2003, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

someone is selling it at Ebay.
Old 07-05-2003, 12:29 PM
Tech Elite

PTP Racing:

any tips in building the X5? what about setup?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.