R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-02-2008, 09:57 AM   #121
Tech Elite
 
badassrevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Roaming Shores, Ohio
Posts: 3,322
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
We, CRCRC, will be handing out to the top 3 finishers in the 1/8 scale electric buggy trophies. Orginally I told Tony that we will not be able to hand out anything because we didn't have it bugeted. But I feel that the racers should go home with something for a win.
SWEET!
__________________
Doug Lightcap

ARCS Hobbies / Paint Monster Airbrushing / BFast / Tonys Screws
badassrevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 10:32 AM   #122
Tech Addict
 
scott54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 693
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by badassrevo View Post
SWEET!
I'm gonna laugh when everyone's running panthers, and the guy that wins runs pink tapers!
__________________
TLR Racing - ARCS Speedway - B-Fast Racing - Dialed RC - G-Force
scott54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 04:38 PM   #123
Tech Fanatic
 
RodneyB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 902
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Bigger View Post
When will there be pics of the electric midwest layout?
On the CRCRC forums BigDog said

"I will post pic Jan 7 or Jan 8"

...so I wouldn't expect anything before then.


www.crcrc.com
RodneyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 07:28 PM   #124
Tech Master
 
TonysScrews's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 1,660
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott54 View Post
I'm gonna laugh when everyone's running panthers, and the guy that wins runs pink tapers!
With the power that these 1/8th electric cars are making, I doubt it'll matter who makes the tires as after one run they're going to be slicks anyways....LOL

But I really do appreciate the generous offer from Panther supporting this new class and handing out two sets of Clay switches with rims to all the 1/8th electric entries. That's $100 in free tires and rims.....Me Like

I went to the CRCRC nitro race back in Jan 2006 and the temperature inside the building really affected the track conditions. With no one running in there all night with the heat on the track conditions changed when everyone showed up and they opened the doors and the temp dropped. I'm really looking forward to going to the electric race as the building should stay warm the entire time.
__________________
Tony P.

Tonys Screws LLC
http://www.tonysscrews.com
High Grade Alloy Steel Screws, Screw Kits and Mugen Parts
TonysScrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 07:56 PM   #125
Tech Fanatic
 
RodneyB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 902
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

I just saw in the X-Factory thread that Brian Kinwald is going to be at the Electric race at CRCRC Jan 8-12. It should be a really great show!
RodneyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 08:26 PM   #126
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Plain City, OH
Posts: 727
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonysScrews View Post
With the power that these 1/8th electric cars are making, I doubt it'll matter who makes the tires as after one run they're going to be slicks anyways....LOL

But I really do appreciate the generous offer from Panther supporting this new class and handing out two sets of Clay switches with rims to all the 1/8th electric entries. That's $100 in free tires and rims.....Me Like

I went to the CRCRC nitro race back in Jan 2006 and the temperature inside the building really affected the track conditions. With no one running in there all night with the heat on the track conditions changed when everyone showed up and they opened the doors and the temp dropped. I'm really looking forward to going to the electric race as the building should stay warm the entire time.
Umm, it's still a metal building with minimal insulation in the middle of winter in the middle of Ohio.

Sooooo, warm is a relative word.....
__________________
XXX-CR, XXX-T CR, XXX-SCT (Kertez conversion)
CRCRC.COM
Sneaky Pete Racing
Hammer Racing
Bike racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 08:30 PM   #127
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Plain City, OH
Posts: 727
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

From the CRCRC website.

"Just a reminder that we will be broadcasting through www.liverc.com So checkout all the action. We will have 4 cameras setup to catch all the action!!!!!"

Link:

http://crcrc.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4884&highlight=

How cool is that!
__________________
XXX-CR, XXX-T CR, XXX-SCT (Kertez conversion)
CRCRC.COM
Sneaky Pete Racing
Hammer Racing
Bike racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 08:30 PM   #128
Tech Master
 
DustinR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: C-Bus in the OH10
Posts: 1,566
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bike racer View Post
Umm, it's still a metal building with minimal insulation in the middle of winter in the middle of Ohio.

Sooooo, warm is a relative word.....
That could be true be it will be better than gas since we will not be pumping the heat out with the gas fumes.
__________________
Grandview Hobbies, HobbyWing, J-Concepts, Airtronics, LukeDawg Graphics, TQ Wire
DustinR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 11:18 PM   #129
Tech Addict
 
scott54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 693
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodneyB View Post
I just saw in the X-Factory thread that Brian Kinwald is going to be at the Electric race at CRCRC Jan 8-12. It should be a really great show!

That's strange, I wonder why he's not staying for the mains?
__________________
TLR Racing - ARCS Speedway - B-Fast Racing - Dialed RC - G-Force
scott54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 05:49 AM   #130
Tech Adept
 
Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 181
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Bigger View Post
When will there be pics of the electric midwest layout?
Jan 7 or 8. We have to lay the tubing down this weekend, but all is finished with the track. We will be giving a sneak peep at our last club race b4 the Jan race this weekend.
Big Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 05:53 AM   #131
Tech Adept
 
Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 181
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bike racer View Post
Umm, it's still a metal building with minimal insulation in the middle of winter in the middle of Ohio.

Sooooo, warm is a relative word.....

We have (8) 600,000 BTU torpedo heaters running and semi enclosed pit area. The heat will be there, it will not be t-shirt and shorts but warm enough to be ok with.

The nitro race in the franklin county fair ground building is not as bad as the OSU building. This building is much larger and has better ventalation for the nitro crowd. I know when Tony was there last it was at the OSU build which S**KED!! Much better here!!
Big Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 05:55 AM   #132
Tech Adept
 
Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 181
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodneyB View Post
I just saw in the X-Factory thread that Brian Kinwald is going to be at the Electric race at CRCRC Jan 8-12. It should be a really great show!

Well they need to get their entry in. We are currently at 200+ and the cutoff is coming in fast!!!!
Big Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 05:55 AM   #133
Tech Adept
 
Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 181
Default

Online sign up will close for ELECTIRC on Jan 7th @ 5pm and NITRO on Jan 14th @ 5pm. We WILL still accept mail and sign up at the track during practice up to the cutoff entry number.

Please read this carefully. We are doing this to ensure all online entries are received and logged in before the race starts and so that there is no confusion.
Big Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 10:25 AM   #134
Tech Master
 
theanimaleide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: St Louis Park MN
Posts: 1,138
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
Online sign up will close for ELECTIRC on Jan 7th @ 5pm and NITRO on Jan 14th @ 5pm. We WILL still accept mail and sign up at the track during practice up to the cutoff entry number.

Please read this carefully. We are doing this to ensure all online entries are received and logged in before the race starts and so that there is no confusion.
what about if your name got put in wrong on the online confirm list, do we fix that at the track or email someone about that??
__________________
Aaron Eide

Wells Fargo Home Team
theanimaleide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 10:30 AM   #135
Tech Master
 
theanimaleide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: St Louis Park MN
Posts: 1,138
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott54 View Post
That's strange, I wonder why he's not staying for the mains?
wait till you see his truck that he made, it is just a bunch of parts from a few differant cars,custom parts. he ran it at my home track last month and it was looked really good.
__________________
Aaron Eide

Wells Fargo Home Team
theanimaleide is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2009 Midwest Champs @ CRCRC Sneaky Pete Electric Off-Road 605 01-24-2009 06:18 PM
2009 Midwest Champs @ CRCRC Sneaky Pete Nitro Off-Road 1 09-05-2008 06:09 AM
2008 Midwest Champs @ CRCRC Jake S Nitro Off-Road 58 01-14-2008 05:41 AM
2008 CRCRC Midwest Jan Champs Race CRCRC Nitro Off-Road 2 11-20-2007 05:45 AM
2008 CRCRC Midwest Jan Champs Race CRCRC Electric Off-Road 1 11-16-2007 10:53 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:16 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net