share your driving tips Version 2.0

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

share your driving tips Version 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 09:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

See if the track owner will let the local fast guy paint the fast line on the track surface so everybody can see where they are supposed to be and where they actually are. Then, drive just slow enough that you can stay in the "fast Line".
Old 10-15-2007, 09:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

I don't like the fast line idea, differant setups and cars will be faster on differant lines. Often times the fast guys setup will be completely differant from yours in agressiveness. If he is using a super forgiving setup then that point shoot ultra tight line may not be the one you want to follow if your using an agressive setup that should be trying to cary more speed through that tight hair pin since you don't have as much rear traction.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jake S
Another one while on the subject of practice, go out when you see one of the fast guys on the track, let him pass you and just follow him around, it helps in finding a "fast line"

also another good thing is to run back-to-back (if your racing two classes...or more) during practice if its "open practice" it more-or-less helps you work on consistency....then after running both i would make changes and run another practice round.
good point about following, alot of times your car is just as fast as the fastest guys car at the track, but you over drive the car. so following will smooth out your driving.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Wow, all these posts, and not ONE person said, "Have Fun". This is supposed to be a hobby, not a career. I'm tired of having jerkoffs scream at my 9 year old son because he bumped them on accident.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:37 AM
Tech Champion

Something I stumbled across this friday that will be like "duh" to some people, and "oh I didn't think of that", but you don't have to go full throttle, except on the straight. My car was ok, but I had trouble pushing it, so I ended up just part throttling through the whole track except the straight. I ran my most consistent main to date, sure my laps times were a few tenths off my fastest, but running 5-6 more laps closer together was better than blasting one fast lap followed by 3 slower laps.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

If you are consistently having trouble at one corner or section of the track, marshal that corner. You will get a different perspective on how to complete that section and it may help you out.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:28 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by t4ftracer
Wow, all these posts, and not ONE person said, "Have Fun".
Originally Posted by party_wagon
Have fun, odds are this is your hobby and not your lively hood.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by t4ftracer
Wow, all these posts, and not ONE person said, "Have Fun". This is supposed to be a hobby, not a career. I'm tired of having jerkoffs scream at my 9 year old son because he bumped them on accident.
+1 on that, i may be a kid, but i still believe in not sreaming for the marshals or at drivers who bump me. i think its when new poeple enter the sport and see some of the drivers shouting at people, they think its okay,but they need to learn other wise.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theanimaleide
+1 on that, i may be a kid, but i still believe in not sreaming for the marshals or at drivers who bump me. i think its when new poeple enter the sport and see some of the drivers shouting at people, they think its okay,but they need to learn other wise.
I dont nessecarily shout at the marshalls but just give them a "a-yo" when they are counting the ceiling tiles.

I know somebody who does though .......he hehe he
Old 10-15-2007, 01:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

My driving tip is this, when going through slow traffic or passing give the guy ahead of you more room thourgh difficult sections of the track because thats where you will most likely catch them or thats where they will make a mistake. You definitly dont wanna hit and tangle.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RB FIVE
My driving tip is this, when going through slow traffic or passing give the guy ahead of you more room thourgh difficult sections of the track because thats where you will most likely catch them or thats where they will make a mistake. You definitly dont wanna hit and tangle.
Also don't rush to pass them, as some people can't handle the pressure of a faster car wanting to go around them (normaly they end up crashing). Also don't give them the bump and run after you just catch them, as you will normally be look down on, instead of being looked up to. If you can talk on the stand, ask if they will let you go around them in in the next corrner, etc.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:30 PM
ROV
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mattnin
If you are consistently having trouble at one corner or section of the track, marshal that corner. You will get a different perspective on how to complete that section and it may help you out.

My fav of the day.above.
Most people learn from there mistakes, but there only one.
Learn from everybody elses and your way ahead. time old saying, watch and learn. and you dont look so silly when you have a first attempt.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Nay0k
Thanks Nayok, I stand corrected. So at least there is one.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Great tips keep them coming I will organize them soon maybe into categories to make them easier to follow.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Get up on the stand and watch the fast/smooth guys. Try to copy their lines, go as slow as you have to in order to hold those lines and make all the obstacles without crashing.
Checkout their hands.
Throttle finger is almost never pegged, always moving.
Try a mod motor in practice, stock will be a cakewalk in comparison.
Don't use a pro's setup if you don't drive like a pro.
Kit setups are easiest to drive for average racers.
Start tuning when you really know what you need.
Get help finding your setup.
START WITH THE RIGHT TIRES IS #1!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.