Community
Wiki Posts
Search

hpi wheely king

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 07:32 PM
Tech Rookie

I bought one a couple of months back for my wife to have as a starter truck. I am running a Savage X but she wanted something with a little less maintenance. All I can say is that this truck is awesome and I enjoy it just as much as my Savage. I upgraded it with a 12t titan motor and xl-5 esc from a Traxxas Slash and the truck really runs great. I have a pair of steel center driveshafts ordered as I have had problems with the stock ones coming apart. Here is a link of the Wheely KIng taking a big jump as well as my and a friend's Savages. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eacg27nfSc8
Old 10-18-2008, 01:54 AM
Tech Addict

I bought a Wheely King for my birthday, Ran her once and then installed the HPI Crawler conversion kit and mounted a 73 Bronco body. Not into rock-crawling though, More hill climbing and trail blazing. Took her for a run today and the motor died from the abuse. Which is fine by me as i hated it from day one. Going to install a 23t and drop down to a lower pinion, Hopefully that will give me a bit of pace and hill-climbing ability. I also need to install the front diff-locker, Need that extra climbing ability.

Video of today's efforts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-25IbOzk4aY
Old 10-23-2008, 04:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Wheely King Hop-ups

I would recommend changing both the front and rear shafts to the universal shafts from HPI. The problem with the stock shafts is that when you take jumps and when you inject more power into the car, the shafts tends to pops out.

I would say if you hop up your suspension units, your car can take more trashing!

Cheers!
Old 10-23-2008, 04:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Wheely King is some fun
Attached Thumbnails hpi wheely king-img2734pd9.jpg   hpi wheely king-img2736ui3.jpg   hpi wheely king-img3015tg1.jpg   hpi wheely king-ax1038080109ob1.jpg   hpi wheely king-mvi30080001abb1.jpg