R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 07-04-2008, 10:32 PM   #31
Tech Elite

bringing this one back up. I can't find the losi tire application chart on their newer site. Has anyone else found it or have a copy??
Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 02:49 PM   #32
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

What is the best way to preserve and store unused and out of the package tires?I have a few sets and would like to keep them fresh.
Thanks
jessnlaurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 02:57 PM   #33
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to crazy4wdracer

Here is the Losi tire chart:
http://www.rchobbies.org/team-losi_tire-guide.htm

What kind of tires do you guys like for the front of a B4? Pin or Directional? I have always ran directionals but I picked up a pair of Panther Clay Bobcats to try up front and I like them.
crazy4wdracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 03:12 PM   #34
Tech Adept

Hello guys, I thought I would mention that we also have a JConcepts tire chart that might help some of the guys out. We have future tires and compounds listed that should be available at the end of October. Gold compound is going to be our "indoor" compound and will be available in all Bar Codes tires. We will update the tire chart once the gold becomes available.

We have had a lot of success with our tires including earning the Pole Position at the IFMAR Worlds that took place just over the weekend.

The tires have been very popular so they are in and out of stock due to demand.

Small note - if you are racing anywhere that step pins or bowties work in 1/10scale I would suggest giving the Goose Bumps a try. They work extremely well in those conditions.

http://www.jconcepts.net/files/JConc...pplication.pdf
Jason Ruona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:26 AM   #35
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessnlaurie View Post
What is the best way to preserve and store unused and out of the package tires?I have a few sets and would like to keep them fresh.
Thanks
Not sure if this is the best way but I keep my 'good' tires in a big zip lock and out of the sun....cool temps are ideal also. Heat cycles tend to harden rubber. I just keep my pratice/old/bashing tires in a tub. I alos stack mine rim side down or up..so you don't flat spot the foams.
speedsterblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 10:26 AM   #36
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Thanks I will try the zip lock bag.
jessnlaurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 12:25 PM   #37
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to tfrahm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Ruona View Post
Hello guys, I thought I would mention that we also have a JConcepts tire chart that might help some of the guys out. We have future tires and compounds listed that should be available at the end of October. Gold compound is going to be our "indoor" compound and will be available in all Bar Codes tires. We will update the tire chart once the gold becomes available.http://www.jconcepts.net/files/JConc...pplication.pdf
Locally the "standard" foam for offroad has been the Trinity Bomb1 foams, but the hobby shop simply can't get them anymore... I noticed that JConcepts has a tire foam that looks and sounds very similar -- how do they compare?

I've had so many disasters with ProLine foam I simply won't use it -- the foam degrades in only a couple of weeks and the tires are just "rags" without foam to support them. Bomb1's last the life of the tire and really work well, but now I need a replacement...
Biff Racing Team #420 (Ah... The "good old days"...)
The local indoor Offroad Track: The RC Race Barn
TLR22-3.0, TLR22T-2.0, TLR22SCT-1.0
tfrahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 01:28 PM   #38
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AndyMoore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfrahm View Post
Locally the "standard" foam for offroad has been the Trinity Bomb1 foams, but the hobby shop simply can't get them anymore... I noticed that JConcepts has a tire foam that looks and sounds very similar -- how do they compare?

I've had so many disasters with ProLine foam I simply won't use it -- the foam degrades in only a couple of weeks and the tires are just "rags" without foam to support them. Bomb1's last the life of the tire and really work well, but now I need a replacement...
We really liked the properties of the Bomb-1, so our insert is very similar to it. I think if you try a pair you'll definately like there results.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:46 PM   #39
Tech Regular

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMoore View Post
We really liked the properties of the Bomb-1, so our insert is very similar to it. I think if you try a pair you'll definately like there results.
on your traction guide, there is a listing for 4WD front Bar Codes, but I do not see them listed on the site. Do you know when they will be available?
Old 09-24-2008, 07:22 PM   #40
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 254 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMoore View Post
I have always used Bomb 1 foams in everything. I recently mounted up a set of Rear Goosebumps and a Set of Rounders on my B4 and I am really impressed with the J Concept foams. I will let you know in a few weeks how they hold up. I expect them to do very well.
Michael#81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:14 PM   #41
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

anyone know why they changed the bomb 1? the grey one was way stiffer
kyoslo RB5/ novak motors/ LRP sphere/ m11/ orion 4800,3800,3600/ blazin chronic racing/wphukuall radio/ raikkonen body/ mongoosed km-mini inferno with the multiplex red ass servo that owns johnny b-main and drew/ now at lir the JDM zx-5 sp mugen edition

"team bad guys"
gweed is offline   Reply With Quote