Wiki Posts
Search

2WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 11:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Arrow 2WD Buggy

What is the consensus on the top cars for 2WD buggy. FT B4, XXX-CR, RB5, etc.

Opinions on these cars? Pros and cons?

Parts support will definitely be in favor of the Associated.
Old 09-27-2007, 06:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Well cars have goods and bads about them. I have ran both Losi and AE Both are great cars. It seemed like the Losi buggies get a bit more traction.
AE buggies seem to benefit with more steering. The RB5 from what I was told is a hyrbrid car. AE and Kyosho have good parts support. Losi it seemed as declined in there support dont know why though.
Old 09-27-2007, 06:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SUNA
What is the consensus on the top cars for 2WD buggy. FT B4, XXX-CR, RB5, etc.

Opinions on these cars? Pros and cons?

Parts support will definitely be in favor of the Associated.
All three are great cars and you wont be disappointed with any of them. I run the RB5 now and am very happy with it and feel it is a good mix between forward traction and steering. I would get the car with the best parts support in your area.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Just keep in mind that most of the traction issue should be taken care of with tire selection. Just because tire X works well on the Losi, you might need tire Z for the AE.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XXXCRRacer
Well cars have goods and bads about them. I have ran both Losi and AE Both are great cars. It seemed like the Losi buggies get a bit more traction.
AE buggies seem to benefit with more steering. The RB5 from what I was told is a hyrbrid car. AE and Kyosho have good parts support. Losi it seemed as declined in there support dont know why though.

The RB5 is not a "hybrid". So stop saying it is. This is the second time I've seen you post this. It is kyosho's take on the 2wd buggy, and a good one at that.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Wow dude, most cars are hybrids so to speak. Not everything on any of these cars are solely designed from one company. every company out there will find something on a competitors car and incorporate it into their own design. I highly doubt he's saying it's a hybrid in the sense that they take a Losi and an AE and put them together for one car. Just idea's from both and roll them into their design with their own idea's as well.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:29 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by D Hunt 3
The RB5 is not a "hybrid". So stop saying it is. This is the second time I've seen you post this. It is kyosho's take on the 2wd buggy, and a good one at that.
If you take the performance characteristics of all three cars, and consider that the Losi and Associated cars have been out for a while now, this is a reasonable way to look at the RB5.
The handling characteristics 'seem' to be a 'hybrid' of the characteristics of the other two. Its a reference to the 'perception' of the operator.
Shees its just a descriptive
Old 09-27-2007, 08:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

There are at least 10 threads on this in the last few months. The search button is your friend.

Or, to put it more bluntly, which buggy won the World Champs in the last couple of weeks? That should be your answer.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

Originally Posted by pirate60
which buggy won the World Champs in the last couple of weeks? That should be your answer.
well thats "which driver" im sure anyone in that a-main could have done just as well with X-car instead of Z-car, given the same amount of time they have with X-car.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

D Hunt 3,

I apologize for the misunderstanding. So tell me how does the car handle BTW. Compared to the AE and Losi cars.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:59 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by XXXCRRacer
It seemed like the Losi buggies get a bit more traction.
I think its better to discribe the ae steering to track better around the whole corner and the Losi to steer from both ends; acceleration is about the same on both cars. Kyosho, has bought alot of talent to develop thier cars and from that i believe that they will again be the top car, like they were in the 80's...
Old 09-27-2007, 10:18 PM
Tech Adept

once kyosho releases a worlds car with the new rear-end, i think that car will be on par with ae and losi, and updates those rear axles.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

im only running my b4 still because it shares alot of parts with the t4, and kyosho hasn't stepped into the 10th electric stadium arena yet
Old 09-27-2007, 10:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jake S
im only running my b4 still because it shares alot of parts with the t4, and kyosho hasn't stepped into the 10th electric stadium arena yet
The word is that its on the way!

I would look into how the local support is for each car. If you dont happen to have a local factory driver, then I would reccomend either the B4, or the RB5 as they are the most serious about developing/racing a 2wd offroad car.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

the only thing hybrid about MY rb5 is that it uses AE FT Turnbuckles. A hybrid is when you use parts of another car to create a car like a BJ4 thats a hybrid.

Please stop saying that i have seen you post this too.

The rb5 is the best car out right now hands down. wider rear or not its all in the set-up. car is fantastic out the box and very strong. Just upgrade the to bearings in the steering rack and you are good to go.

The shocks are the best out there. I am eagerly awaiting the truck. This car will make you faster. It is so easy to drive.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.