Wiki Posts
Search

Best comm drops

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 05:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Best comm drops

for those of you who like to get the best performance from everything, in your experience what are the best comm drops. Ive tried the trinity black death drops, they work well but the fact that their is no needle can make it a bit messy at times. also, i know many of these create allot of power right away, but what kind seems to last the longest into a run?
Old 09-21-2007, 07:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by raceGEEK
for those of you who like to get the best performance from everything, in your experience what are the best comm drops. Ive tried the trinity black death drops, they work well but the fact that their is no needle can make it a bit messy at times. also, i know many of these create allot of power right away, but what kind seems to last the longest into a run?
I noticed in your signature that all the cars listed are offroad. In my experience, any performance advantage that comm drops provides isn't really noticed in an offroad vehicle. It also attracts unwanted dust to the comm & brushes which accerlates wear. A couple extra practice runs or a new set of the correct tires for your track will be a much better way of lowering your lap times. Offroad is much more about driving & consistency than extra horsepower.

With that said, if you are running an on-road vehicle on a very high bite surface (ex. 1/12th scale or touring car w/ foam tires on carpet) then I have had really good luck with the REVTECH or REVTECH 2 drops from trinity. I believe that NIFTECH also has a good comm drop formula too, from what I can remember. Also, you can find the little plastic bottle with the needle applicator at most craft stores really cheap.

The best comm drop formula I have used so far is a brushless NOVAK motor! (J/K......Hope that helps some! Good Luck & Have Fun!!)
Old 09-21-2007, 09:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

well im going to try to focus on stock 2wd and get away from 4wd for a bit, with mod i can get plenty of power, but stock i figured cant hurt to get the extra power up top. unfortunately most drops wont be able to do more than a laps. the question was more for curiosity any way, im really not a good enough driver to take advantage of ever little bit i can get.
Old 09-22-2007, 10:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by raceGEEK
well im going to try to focus on stock 2wd and get away from 4wd for a bit, with mod i can get plenty of power, but stock i figured cant hurt to get the extra power up top. unfortunately most drops wont be able to do more than a laps. the question was more for curiosity any way, im really not a good enough driver to take advantage of ever little bit i can get.
I dont use comm drops, saw no difference when i tried them. i race 2wd 19t