Wiki Posts
Search

Moderator unfairly closing a thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Moderator unfairly closing a thread

This is to the thread titled "Dangerous Nickel Batteries". Unlike a lot of threads I have read and took part in, this thread was not negative and slamming any battery manufacturers in any way. In fact, it looked like the thread was starting to go in the direction of ideas on how to safely charge packs to prevent cell fires/explosion after sharing of some ideas about what may have caused them. However, a very over-zealous moderator decided to close the thread with a very lame excuse of why he decided to close it. I did not read the thread on the onroad electric forum but I did not see anything outlandish posted to this thread. But, how would that moderator know if something could be posted that could be beneficial (help) if you are not allowed to post it. What this moderator did is a form of censorship that should not be tolerated, especially if the thread did not get out of hand. This is not communist China or a dictatorship where opposing views are censored because the government don't like free, innovative thinkers. The main purpose of this and many other forums is to bring people with common interests together to share ideas, or has that been forgotten by some.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:15 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I AGREE. IT WAS AN IDIOTIC THING TO DO BUT THEN AGAIN, LOOK AT HIS LAST NAME.....
Old 09-18-2007, 10:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I just took the time to read the thread on the electric onroad forum with the same title. I can see why the moderator would shut that one down. There were many personal attacks/snipes that should have been done via PMs. I also saw where it got into a LiPo vs NiMH argument. However, the thread on the electric offroad forum did not go in the direction of the electric onroad version. Posters had been very civil and the thread was being steered towards finding better ideas on how to charge your batteries more safely in order to not explode them. I have both LiPo and NiMH and it doesn't matter to me about this battery war of which one is better. My concern is with the safety of the people that will be using them, especially new people that are getting into this hobby that don't know anything about what they are getting into. If a few of us can formulate ideas to share with newbies and fellow racers alike, then the thread served its purpose.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:52 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i think the battery debate is much bigger in on-road where they can lay all the power down they can get and they are really pushing the potential of the batteries. not so much in off-road. either way, it was a bit NAZI closing the thread on the off-road side.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:58 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

well guys , i am sorry you dont like the choice i made to shut down the tread........i closed it because the thread in the onroad forum got out of hand, and i KNOW the discusion will bleed over to that thread. if you dont like it, go to rc car actions site.....i am sure shane won't mind the wasted bandwidth........

Now i am going to lock down this one.........

EDIT: ANYONEWITH PROBLEMS ON MY MODERATION OF THIS OR ANYOTHER THREAD MAY SEND A PRIVATE MESAGE TO TSR6

thanks
MAtt

Last edited by Matt M.; 09-18-2007 at 12:18 PM.