R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 09-23-2007, 08:02 PM   #16
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to Johnny_S.

If you want a car that can have the same speed as an 8th scale, same maintenance as an 8th scale, same handling as an 8th scale, I would recommend getting an 8th scale.

Looking at strictly top speed, a gas car should be faster than pretty much any electric (except some 4wds), especially an 8th scale. Its the punch and acceleration that the electric should be better at.
Johnny_S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 08:08 AM   #17
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_S. View Post
If you want a car that can have the same speed as an 8th scale, same maintenance as an 8th scale, same handling as an 8th scale, I would recommend getting an 8th scale.

Looking at strictly top speed, a gas car should be faster than pretty much any electric (except some 4wds), especially an 8th scale. Its the punch and acceleration that the electric should be better at.
Yeah, I think a 1/8 scale electric buggie is what I need. I'm going to look at the Kyosho buggie conversion and I saw a thread on the Tekin eight.

** Edit - I was looking for buggies and saw the BJ4 1/10th scale. The only thing I don't like is the want NiMH cells but I want to use my Lipo pack. It looks bigger than a 1/10th scale in the pictures on their site. I'm going to check the dimentions of a 6 cell NiMH and see if I can fit a Lipo in the same place. I'll just use my Velineon ESC & motor, radio and servo. The servo is good but the radio is below the rest of the compnents...

On speed... I would think an electric could beat the nitro cars if you went all out. If my truck can go 70+ on a 3s couldn't an ESC that handles a 6s, or more be used? Hooked up to the right motor that car / truck or buggie would easily top 100mph. Although based on my experience it would probably need a water cooling solution to stay below 300F .

Last edited by R1R 7humbs; 09-24-2007 at 08:27 AM.
R1R 7humbs is offline   Reply With Quote