R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 09-12-2007, 06:49 PM   #16
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thunder Tech has already designed tested and built a CORR style truck. it is set for release any second if it has not already been released.

thundertechracing.com
Old 09-12-2007, 10:58 PM   #17
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to primusblowsgoat Send a message via Yahoo to primusblowsgoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzBobby View Post
Thunder Tech has already designed tested and built a CORR style truck. it is set for release any second if it has not already been released.

thundertechracing.com
If you scroll up I already posted a link to the thundertech car which has a release date of Nov 15th. I spoke with Darren at Thundertech last night and he is very excited about the truck and says so far theres been a ton of intrest.

But the OP is doing a project for school and needs to design something on his own, which is what this thread is about.
primusblowsgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 11:05 PM   #18
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

looks like a great project, good luck to you. im not sure if your planning on doing revisions and such, depending on how it comes out. but if you can find someone that can help you do some math to get like CG and weight distribution and such, will probably save you time in the long run. but either way, that thing should be tight.

xxxcr
xxx4
xx4
raceGEEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 04:32 AM   #19
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by primusblowsgoat View Post
If you scroll up I already posted a link to the thundertech car which has a release date of Nov 15th. I spoke with Darren at Thundertech last night and he is very excited about the truck and says so far theres been a ton of intrest.

But the OP is doing a project for school and needs to design something on his own, which is what this thread is about.
i spoke with darren last night to

he helped me with the rear end and i think im getting the wheels and tires that are on the dessert racer
Old 09-13-2007, 08:47 AM   #20
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to primusblowsgoat Send a message via Yahoo to primusblowsgoat

Nice, those are some pretty sharp wheels.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:38 AM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to OTE_TheMissile

Just an idea, I always thought it'd be cool to see an R/C truck with separate body panels just like a real CORR stadium truck or SCORE Trophy Truck would have. Get a body, cut out the front clip, roof, doors, and rear fenders, and mount them all independently. You might try incorporating that into your chassis/cage, would make for an excellent realism detail.
OTE_TheMissile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 04:04 PM   #22
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

it is always fun to build something. especially from scratch mostly. good luck with your school project. i thought you were building something that was already copyrighted. sorry. maybe doing something similar to that with four wheel drive and steering more like a Pro4 Truck. yet they dont have four wheel steering, but at least then you might get a better grade having built a design no one else has, like with the thunder tech truck. jst an idea so you get a better grade. some updates with pics on your progress would be very kool.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:36 PM   #23
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTE_TheMissile View Post
Just an idea, I always thought it'd be cool to see an R/C truck with separate body panels just like a real CORR stadium truck or SCORE Trophy Truck would have. Get a body, cut out the front clip, roof, doors, and rear fenders, and mount them all independently. You might try incorporating that into your chassis/cage, would make for an excellent realism detail.
i was acctully thinking about that i had to do it on my 'pede when i blew up the body

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzBobby View Post
it is always fun to build something. especially from scratch mostly. good luck with your school project. i thought you were building something that was already copyrighted. sorry. maybe doing something similar to that with four wheel drive and steering more like a Pro4 Truck. yet they dont have four wheel steering, but at least then you might get a better grade having built a design no one else has, like with the thunder tech truck. jst an idea so you get a better grade. some updates with pics on your progress would be very kool.
well i figure i can do something i love and get a grade and learn a little in the process and if you do that then good luck

ill post pics as soon as i get them but the plasma cam is broken so its iffy that ill get the chassis put together this week

ive decieded on a TLT-1 rearend
Old 09-13-2007, 06:46 PM   #24
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosiSpeedDemon View Post

ive decieded on a TLT-1 rearend

Good Choice, what about a trans? lots of people use the Stampede tranny in their custom Rock Crawlers, then you can use t or emaxx drive shaft. Now I know your going to say you want to build it on your own, but even if you use these off the shelf parts, you still have to do fabrication to get them to work.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:51 PM   #25
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by primusblowsgoat View Post
Good Choice, what about a trans? lots of people use the Stampede tranny in their custom Rock Crawlers, then you can use t or emaxx drive shaft. Now I know your going to say you want to build it on your own, but even if you use these off the shelf parts, you still have to do fabrication to get them to work.
well i was thinking about the pede since i already have an old one collecting dust but how could i use that since my trucks gonna be 2wd i was also thinking maybe a revo slipper that goes directly to the drive shaft and i am gonna have my own driveshaft machined from aluminum but its was gonna basicly be off the t-maxx

and the plasma cam is broken so ill have to wait a couple of weeks before i can get everything made but maybe ill have everything ready to go and punch it all out in a day or 2
Old 09-14-2007, 02:58 PM   #26
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to OTE_TheMissile

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosiSpeedDemon View Post
how could i use that since my trucks gonna be 2wd
You could get a transmission out of the Axial rock crawler. It's purpose-made to go through hell and it uses a spool instead of a differential
OTE_TheMissile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 03:02 PM   #27
Tech Fanatic

Since your going with 2wd, you will have to lock the diff in the stampede tranny because you will only be using one outdrive. You will then use the diff thats in the axle. At least thats how I think it will work?
Old 09-15-2007, 07:42 AM   #28
Tech Initiate

that makes since or i could take some aluminum or steel and make a braket to hold it in place and stop the othe outdrive from moving at the same time ill have to wait till tuesday to get my pede since its been sitting at my dads since i got my XXX-4 im gonna go and see if i can get a plastic TLT-1 axle and then have machine shop machine one out of aluminum
Old 09-17-2007, 05:03 PM   #29
Tech Fanatic

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82667

You can probably get some ideas here.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:51 PM   #30
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

That Thundertech CORR truck is interesting. I spot RPM Rustler/Stampede front a-ams, but *no bellcrank steering*? Won't that make for bump-steer? I woulds love to get one and make it brushless!
kavvika is offline   Reply With Quote