R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Is LRP and Novak compatible with each other??? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/180159-lrp-novak-compatible-each-other.html)

D4 09-05-2007 06:43 PM

Is LRP and Novak compatible with each other???

I have a LRP Sphere comp esc and want to run a Novak 5.5 brushless motor with it.

Will the sensor wire fit? Will it be compatible??

Has anyone tried this???

D4

Sweet Lou 09-05-2007 07:00 PM

I run 2 sphere esc's with 7.5 novak motors. it all hooks up the same.

Paul_67 09-05-2007 07:55 PM

I read here on RcTech that the temp sensor on the Novak motor doesn't work with the LRP speed control. If you overgear, you could burn up the motor. I'm not positive about that, but maybe someone with firsthand experience will reply.

BuggyKing 09-05-2007 08:02 PM

they will work just fine.:nod:

Jan Larsen 09-06-2007 09:22 AM

They work absolutely fine together. I'm running the LRP TC 07 and a Novak 4.5. No problems at all.

Johnny_S. 09-06-2007 04:07 PM

My LRP sphere and novak 6.5 don't work together, but that may just be faulty equipment. They have never overheated, I haven't even been able to run them long enough for them to get hot. I also haven't installed anything wrong, it just stops working and the full brake light goes on whenever I land like there is a loose connection.

BSchorr 09-08-2007 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Paul_67 (Post 3645904)
I read here on RcTech that the temp sensor on the Novak motor doesn't work with the LRP speed control. If you overgear, you could burn up the motor. I'm not positive about that, but maybe someone with firsthand experience will reply.

No one answered his question, I am wondering the same thing...

NovakTwo 09-09-2007 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by BSchorr (Post 3653243)
No one answered his question, I am wondering the same thing...

The sensors are completely plug-compatible between the Novak and LRP BL equipment.

However, the Novak motors are protected against thermal overload when used with Novak escs, only. The blue sensor wire is how the Novak esc senses the temperature of the N motor.

The LRP products do not have the built-in motor temp sensing feature. Therefore, when using a Novak motor with a LRP controller, the N motor will not shut off if it overheats. Over-heating of the motor is not as much of a problem with the new sintered rotors.

Paul_67 09-09-2007 03:54 PM

Thank You!
I have been looking for a definitive answer.

rmargiotta 09-09-2007 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Johnny_S. (Post 3648420)
My LRP sphere and novak 6.5 don't work together, but that may just be faulty equipment. They have never overheated, I haven't even been able to run them long enough for them to get hot. I also haven't installed anything wrong, it just stops working and the full brake light goes on whenever I land like there is a loose connection.

My brand new Novak 13.5 system was doing this coming off of jumps, but it was because my Personal Transponder wires were frayed at the plug and were either shorting out of disconnecting, but the problem was not with the brushless system...