My New 8IGHT!

Reply

Old 08-30-2007, 06:21 PM
  #1  
Team Tekin
Thread Starter
 
TY@TEAMTEKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tekin
Posts: 2,462
Default My New 8IGHT!

And it's NOT nitro!

Just finished building the beast today, I must say it's a very very nice kit! Losi did a great job with this one, I have a feeling it won't be the last 8IGHT to join our fleet. We already have one 8IGHT-T and that thing rocks, I'm so excited for the buggy! Pics are off my phone, I'm taking better ones tomorrow and I might reveal my setup...

WOO!
Attached Thumbnails My New 8IGHT!-8ight-2.jpg   My New 8IGHT!-8ight.jpg  
TY@TEAMTEKIN is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 07:09 PM
  #2  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (127)
 
RED-LINE M03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: >>> USA <<<
Posts: 4,102
Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)
Default

So what's under the hood............
RED-LINE M03 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 07:12 PM
  #3  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (22)
 
Jason Halvorson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Grand Forks ND
Posts: 3,955
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Thumbs down

did you convert it to electric???? gee i hope not....
Jason Halvorson is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 07:16 PM
  #4  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Indianola, IA
Posts: 752
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Its gotta be that top secret, never gonna see it, but really want to have it, lets advertise the hell out of it brushless speed control... that i have been waiting for over 12 months for....
sjenkins97 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 07:18 PM
  #5  
Team Tekin
Thread Starter
 
TY@TEAMTEKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tekin
Posts: 2,462
Default

Originally Posted by Jason Halvorson View Post
did you convert it to electric???? gee i hope not....
Sure did and it's gonna rock!
TY@TEAMTEKIN is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 07:20 PM
  #6  
Team Tekin
Thread Starter
 
TY@TEAMTEKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tekin
Posts: 2,462
Default

Originally Posted by sjenkins97 View Post
Its gotta be that top secret, never gonna see it, but really want to have it, lets advertise the hell out of it brushless speed control... that i have been waiting for over 12 months for....
Never gonna see it? LOL....They are being built as we speak. I have personally assembled quite a few..

Last edited by [email protected]; 08-31-2007 at 08:02 AM.
TY@TEAMTEKIN is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 07:31 PM
  #7  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (127)
 
RED-LINE M03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: >>> USA <<<
Posts: 4,102
Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)
Default

You could probaly plug your new speed controlls on this thread. Alot of the guys are using the Mamba Max 10th scale speed controlls for there 8th scales.


http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...=1#post3630093
RED-LINE M03 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 07:35 PM
  #8  
Team Tekin
Thread Starter
 
TY@TEAMTEKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tekin
Posts: 2,462
Default

Originally Posted by RED-LINE M03 View Post
You could probaly plug your new speed controlls on this thread. Alot of the guys are using the Mamba Max 10th scale speed controlls for there 8th scales.


http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...=1#post3630093
Well I have been testing the capabilities of our R1Pro and it has been going good with the Neu motors.
TY@TEAMTEKIN is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 07:40 PM
  #9  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
MustGoFaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 387
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Please keep us posted!
I am hoping this is the next big thing in electric off road racing!
MustGoFaster is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 07:51 PM
  #10  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,850
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

When will the new speedo be for sale?
Stealth_RT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 08:53 PM
  #11  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (17)
 
BuggyKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Huntington Beach, Ca
Posts: 7,919
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

very nice eight. Like the black wheels.
BuggyKing is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 04:41 AM
  #12  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Jonesville, MI
Posts: 906
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

I am pretty sure I know what conversion kit they are using..... At least I hope so!!
DJ1978 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 07:52 AM
  #13  
Tech Addict
 
lxmuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 572
Default

Thanks is the best looking 8ight that I have seen so far. The colors look tuff.
lxmuff is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 08:39 AM
  #14  
Tech Master
iTrader: (35)
 
Kings Kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: sw lower michigan
Posts: 1,681
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Well I have been testing the capabilities of our R1Pro and it has been going good with the Neu motors.
Well Ty, how about a little peek under the hood?
Kings Kid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 08:45 AM
  #15  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (33)
 
xsxracing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Wichita, KS
Posts: 4,651
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
And it's NOT nitro!

Just finished building the beast today, I must say it's a very very nice kit! Losi did a great job with this one, I have a feeling it won't be the last 8IGHT to join our fleet. We already have one 8IGHT-T and that thing rocks, I'm so excited for the buggy! Pics are off my phone, I'm taking better ones tomorrow and I might reveal my setup...

WOO!
show use pics with the body off
xsxracing is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service