Community
Wiki Posts
Search

XXX-4 G+ Gearing

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 01:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Default XXX-4 G+ Gearing

Im confused and i can't find the article on gearing in RCCA. Ive had the car for a year or so and driven it 8 or 10 times and it doesnt seem to be going as fast as the other cars with 19t motors it has a 92 tooth spur and if i counted right a 16 tooth pinion any suggestions im practicing tomorrow and racing on my homemade track the rest of the weekend so any tips to beat all my buddies would be helpful
Old 08-30-2007, 03:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I think I was running a 19-20t pinion. That was with a money motor, and a komodo. I think it was like an 18t with a camelion2. Large, fast, loose track. I hope it helps
Old 08-31-2007, 12:10 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Maintain it well and running at 19T pinion should be just about perfect for a medium sized track/ 19Turn motor/ 92spur package. I have an old XXX-4 for friends to run when they visit the track with me at SoCal that runs a 19 turn (Checkpoint Money motor) and it stays at a good temp, has plenty of punch and makes relatively good speed on the straight (it is only a 19turn and its got a fair amount of driveline to spin).
Old 08-31-2007, 04:06 PM
Tech Initiate

it has a team kwik motor and when i get the chance ill get a 19 or 20 tooth pinion the track i race at has about a 250 foot main straight but i also bash a little with it