R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 08-27-2007, 02:27 AM   #1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Where to send lrp speed controls to be fixed?

I have a lrp brushless speed thats not working. I didnt buy it new so i cant send it back to the shop.
where do i send this to be fixed?
crusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 02:49 AM   #2
Tech Master

Default The trash

The trash. If you didnt buy it and it isnt under warranty, they are going to give you a hard way to go and charge you up the yang to fix it. Best bet...buy a remanufactured Novak GTB for $129. It comes with the same 4 month warranty as a new one and works just as good as new....at a fraction of the cost. Even if you bought it from a reputable LRP dealer, LRP's Customer Service is rather lame.

I gear to run and win, not to THERMAL!
bxpitbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 08:57 AM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Send it to Associated. I don't know if the other poster ever actually sent an LRP back, but I sent two in and got them back fairly quickly. The customer service guys always were straight up with me and pretty good to deal with and I think it was like $30 each to fix or something like that. Good experience all the way for me. The fixed esc's have been fine all year so far.

.:Team Orion : JConcepts : B-Fast RC:.
johnnyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 09:17 AM   #4
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusty View Post
I have a lrp brushless speed thats not working. I didnt buy it new so i cant send it back to the shop.
where do i send this to be fixed?
Associated Electrics, Inc.
26021 Commercentre Dr.
Lake Forest, CA 92630-8853

Give them contact info so they can call you and go over options once they take a look at it. I've never had anything but good customer service from AE/LRP so I must be one of the lucky few. As far as a refurbed Novak goes, my local track had yet another Novak BL speedo go up in smoke this weekend.

Blue is Cool. Orange is Smokin'.
Matt Buggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 12:45 PM   #5
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyboy View Post
Send it to Associated. I don't know if the other poster ever actually sent an LRP back, but I sent two in and got them back fairly quickly. The customer service guys always were straight up with me and pretty good to deal with and I think it was like $30 each to fix or something like that. Good experience all the way for me. The fixed esc's have been fine all year so far.
Hey, Johnboy, listen up. I dont speak about something unless I know what I am talking about. I bought a Sphere/Neo 3 star, the speedo conked out within two weeks. I bought the set from an Ebay store that is a power seller but picked it up from their PHYSICAL location, which is a regualr hobbyshop. They are an authorized LRP retailer and the warranty should have been honored, no questions. After reviewing every receipt under the sun and receiving confirmation from the store, did they finally decide to honor the warranty. This took a month. By the time I got my ESC back, I already decided enough was enough, and bougt the GTB/4.5 combo. Go to some of the on-road electric forums and ask about LRP customer service...I dont have time to lamblast just because....their customer service SUCKS! I can call Novak and ask for Steve or Charlie by name and they will talk to me and anyone else they can help. A-1 service! Period.

I gear to run and win, not to THERMAL!
bxpitbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 02:20 PM   #6
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Maybe you came across as a dick to them over there....I was pretty cool about my whole deal and the guys at AE were great. After being in service based industries my whole life, I have learned that the squeaky wheel may indeed get the oil, but when it gets the oil is another question. People need to chill. Life doesn't end because your toy car doesn't work for a bit.

The hobby shop you bought it from should have stepped up and support the products they sell and done the warranty through them as well....great service they offer

.:Team Orion : JConcepts : B-Fast RC:.
johnnyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 02:26 PM   #7
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

A friend had an issue with his LRP and AE gave him a hard time. It took him like 6 months to get another replacement.