Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR 1/10th Scale National Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 10:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default ROAR 1/10th Scale National Question

Hey Guys,

What do you think the turn out would be if ROAR combined the 1/10th electric and 1/10th fuel Nats into one event? They could call it The ROAR 1/10th Off-Road National.

I was recently at a race that combined 1/10th and 1/8th scale vehicles. The track was sweet and I had a great time but the track was a little big for 10th scale trucks.

Let me know what you think

Thanks
Kevin Boyle
Old 08-23-2007, 10:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I think it would be a week long event.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by K_King
I think it would be a week long event.

Good point but most us are taking off for practice. I am sure they could tweak the schedule to make it easier for practice and racers not running Nitro.

This would make it easier for the manufactures one trip for their drivers.

Keep them coming guys

Later
Kevin Boyle
Old 08-23-2007, 10:37 AM
Tech Addict

I actually think this would be a great idea. Just looking at numbers of entries at the different Nats and in different classes in particular, this could solve a lot of issues.
Obviously 1/8 nitro buggy is getting enough participation to warrant a 'stand alone' event. And perhaps truggy is also.
Now 1/10 nitro is WAY down. Going by local attendance and what I've heard from other Regions and even the big races. Electric also has declined. Although not as drastically.
Combining the two 1/10 disciplines would help to cross promote both classes. You may have nitro guys that haven't really been exposed to quality electric racing. So putting them with the best would allow them to experience what they are all about.
Likewise the 1/10 nitro could benefit from running with the electrics. Guys that haven't tried nitro would see that they offer just as much driving challenge as 2wd Mod. Plus they would see the other things they have including extended Mains with tire changing and refueling.
Also this would be another great way to promote the brushless/lipo trucks as they could run a similar format to the nitro.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I like your idea Kevin. Like mfishel said, 1/8th scale and truggy entries warrant their own event. 1/10th scale gas and electric seems to be dying and I don't know why, and it bums me out.....
Old 08-23-2007, 10:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Would there be anyway to seperate the gas into classes? Like, with electric there would be stock, 19T, mod, brushless stock, and maybe more. I'm pretty new to electric. But with gas truck I only see rookie and expert. I like gas being this way. It's a lot of classes with electric. But I can also race the same electric truck for many classes by swapping motors. It would suck to have to swap engines in gas truck to make a different class.

Wait, maybe I just answered my own question. IDK. LOL
Old 08-23-2007, 11:02 AM
Tech Addict

I don't know why you would need different classes, except as you stated, for different levels of driver experience. Electric is separated because different motor winds have different levels of power output.
To get the same thing in nitro you would have to restrict the engine. Either with displacement or carburation (sp).

Last edited by mfishel; 08-23-2007 at 11:02 AM. Reason: typo
Old 08-23-2007, 11:08 AM
Tech Elite

or, what about electric only still... but have

Stock -brushed only, 2 classes (buggy, truck)
Spec - 19T in brushless equivalent according to MFG's or brushed (buggy, 4wd, truck)
Mod - open (buggy, 4wd, truck)

and take 8th fuel buggy and combine with 8th fuel truck and then have MT (production MT) and 1:10 GT in separate events....

just another angle............

NOTHING OFFICIAL there.... just me asking on Kevin's "idea" (good one Kevin.. LOL)
Old 08-23-2007, 11:19 AM
Tech Elite

Making MT and Gas Truck their own event would kill both classes. Immediately.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:19 AM
Tech Addict

Ooooohh, not a fan of combining platforms. Especially when we suddenly have so many manufacturers getting in to it. Suddenly we have 4 manufacturers in 2wd, haven't had that since the early nineties. And in 4wd we have no less than 7.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Aaron Waldron

Aaron, why do you say that? I feel as though if GT was left in the 8th Truck/MT events... it'll go away due to track sizes.. but MT and GT together can work...

do you think MFG support would be lacking? What about if it was combined in electric 10th scale... do you think it'll get watered down in entrys due to the three class limit?

JUST ASKING.......
Old 08-23-2007, 11:42 AM
Tech Addict

I like Kevin's idea... makes sense... and, why is there a 3 class limit?
Old 08-23-2007, 11:43 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Aaron Waldron
Totally agree ...
Whats with this separate & snuff out the 1/10gas truck`s from the 1/8th`s anyways ?

Its quite apparent where ever you go in the Nitro scene.....
Old 08-23-2007, 11:47 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

I think you're right on the money Dawn.
Especially having one class of 19t combined BL and brushed, but leaving stock brushed only.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:50 AM
Tech Elite

ROAR rules - three class limit... not really sure the spirit of that particular rule but supporting four or more classes at a national event doesn't sound like much fun anyway.. let alone, turn marshalling duties.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.