R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Crashback arms for the XX-4, Worth it? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/178497-crashback-arms-xx-4-worth.html)

Jeff K. 08-24-2007 12:45 AM

Crashback arms for the XX-4, Worth it?

I haven't had much of a problem with the arms breaking, but have on occasion. Basically like the subject says, have you gotten the crashback arms from here:

http://www.iq-tuning.ch/en/crashback...9a371ca149133e

And have you broken any? Are they really worth it?

Thanks in advance.

BuggyKing 08-24-2007 08:59 AM

From the pic they don't look like there are very strong. How is part support from were you buying them?:confused:

Jeff K. 08-24-2007 09:19 AM

They're not necessarily designed to be very strong. They flex so they don't break. The company is over in the UK. Arms are around $20 USD, although not guaranteed to break, just flexier than the stock arms.

BuggyKing 08-24-2007 11:43 AM

Yeah when I was running my XX4 I never really had issue with arms but with steering bellcranks. The thread on top always got stripped. If they work good for you and can stand up to a little more abuse then that good. Are you still able to get other parts for your car?

jk racing 08-24-2007 03:01 PM

Stonefan, check the thread on 4wdrc.com about those arms. Some people love em, some hate em.

I have some delrin arms on my xx4, and the X factory screw mod, i have had no issues with my arms since then.

crazy4wdracer 08-24-2007 03:41 PM

I have heard that you can boil graphite parts to make them flex more.
Is this true?

raceGEEK 08-24-2007 05:33 PM

ive heard that works more with the plastic and not the graphite, but i could be wrong.

Funkymojo 08-25-2007 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by StOnEfAn527 (Post 3611639)
They're not necessarily designed to be very strong. They flex so they don't break. The company is over in the UK. Arms are around $20 USD, although not guaranteed to break, just flexier than the stock arms.

Those arms are great...way better than the stock ones. I'm using them...and Markus is a great guy to deal with...Cheers

Jeff K. 08-25-2007 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Funkymojo (Post 3613276)
Those arms are great...way better than the stock ones. I'm using them...and Markus is a great guy to deal with...Cheers

Have you had any break?
I'm considering buying one pair, and then a backup pair and that'll be my stash of arms for the discontinuation. I doubt I'll really be running it after I get a B44, but I still don't want to be stuck because of a broken part that no one has.

Funkymojo 08-25-2007 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by StOnEfAn527 (Post 3613850)
Have you had any break?
I'm considering buying one pair, and then a backup pair and that'll be my stash of arms for the discontinuation. I doubt I'll really be running it after I get a B44, but I still don't want to be stuck because of a broken part that no one has.

Been using it for quite some time...nope never broke any..it's tough and it's flexible when you crash..overall a good investment... :)

Dougg 08-26-2007 07:31 PM

I sware buy them. Yes the break, I've broken a few. But, I race on a blue grove track with tubes that feel like brick. The track is very hard on arms, 2wd as well. But with thoes arms have made my xx4 just as realiable as a yokomo. In fact, I raced for three weekends with one of the arms snaped compleatly on the rear side. It only had the leading part of the arm to hold the wheel on. It blew everyone away. I left it on just to see how long it would last. When it went I had miss judged a jump and hit the back side of the landing ramp. It did break the arm, but it aslo took out the bulkhead (with the assoc brace) and the chassies. So I can't fault the arm for breaking with that hit. As long as Markis makes them, I will run them. Buy the way, every xx4 at the track runs them.