Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
ICE Charger Button Problem >

ICE Charger Button Problem

ICE Charger Button Problem

Old 08-20-2007, 01:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default ICE Charger Button Problem

My right button has crapped out on me. I haven't been having too much luck these past few days, GTX crapped out yesterday. I opened it up to see if it was just a bad solder joint, and when it was open, it worked fine. I closed it up again, but it just didn't want to work. It's not really that big of a deal, I just have to use the left button and scroll all the way through. Even though I got it new on eBay, Hobbico won't warranty it, but they can service it for $30+, which is ridiculous. Has anyone else had this problem?
Old 08-20-2007, 05:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hi,

I have a similar problem. One of the buttons is not working anymore. On top of that, the click wheel has also gone south. Scrolling with the wheel is now a random walk. Despite that, the unit still charges fine so just have a bear wih it. Well, I bought a second unit so I use 2 units now.

Regards,
Joe Ling
Old 08-20-2007, 10:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

what u probably find is over continual use of pushing th buttons down they have sliped down the switch they activate all u need to do is pull the button up the shaft about a miollimetre or less and it should help with your problem
Old 08-20-2007, 11:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Thanks for the replies. I tried that, but no luck. I realized that it worked when you pushed the button and wiggled it a bit, so I dremeled some material out from the box channel that it has to keep it traveling just up and down. Looks stock, and works, just needs to be pushed a little harder, so I'm happy.