R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 08-23-2007, 05:49 PM   #16
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzBobby View Post
here we go again. shooting our mouth off when it is not necessary too.
Our mouth?? I dont want anyone thinking that its "OUR" mouth. I have one of my own. Atleast I dont just babble about everything. i think. that people can. wow read what i. write charlie
chrlie sidebite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 06:04 PM   #17
Tech Apprentice

lol
Stinky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 12:48 AM   #18
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

pointless

Last edited by AzBobby; 08-25-2007 at 06:40 AM.
AzBobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 08:07 AM   #19
Tech Adept

It is pointless when you have to edit the post.

The pointless thing is that you babble about my reply, that had nothing to do with you. Like you said,"Here we go again".
chrlie sidebite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 10:59 PM   #20
Team Tekin

I find it funny that this discussion is really about the definition of the word "made."

If I take an assortment of parts made all over the globe and assemble it here in the states, am I simply "assembling in the Usa?" or am I making it?

My opinion is that if I don't make the raw products like the fet's, pc boards, or wire and use those components to build a different product then that is "made in the U.S." for me.

It's a timeless argument that can be made with something as simple as aluminum can's. Did the can maker "assemble the can" or "make the can?"

Funny and a waste of time....
Randy Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 11:56 PM   #21
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Pike View Post
I find it funny that this discussion is really about the definition of the word "made."

If I take an assortment of parts made all over the globe and assemble it here in the states, am I simply "assembling in the Usa?" or am I making it?
Heres the way i see it. I worked in a plastics plantfor 15 years, we made the parts for mowers and snow blowers. We did mold and manufacture 90% of the parts, BUT the hardware probably came from mexico or tiawan, or some where. My opinion is that even if you out-soursed everything, but put it together, I say that particular product is "MADE IN AMERICA" because that product was not made till assembled
crazyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 02:12 AM   #22
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Most large firms are a little more circumspect about their claims of origin. If the components are sourced abroad, it's "Assembled in USA from components made in XXXX"

You can throw American flags all over it and connote the US origin and nobody can say anything ("Losi" or "Associated"), but if you're adamant that it's "Made in the USA" and you use that claim up front to sell your product...you gotta be able to back it up, like any other objective claim.

Not saying they couldn't back it up...it was probably just easier and cheaper to settle it and get back to business. I really don't think it changes much of anything or that it matters much as far as how they do business.

I'd be surprised if many people ever bought anything from Novak solely on the basis of the origin of their products. They have too much other stuff going for them.
Turbo Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 11:39 AM   #23
Company Representative
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

For those who are interested in understanding the guidelines for "Made in USA" published by the Federal Government, here is a link to a government publication:

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/...s/madeusa.shtm

Now consider that according to a judicial interpretation in the state of California, a manufactured item sold in California can contain absolutely 0% of materials and processes sourced from outside the USA.
NovakTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 06:03 PM   #24
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovakTwo View Post
For those who are interested in understanding the guidelines for "Made in USA" published by the Federal Government, here is a link to a government publication:

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/...s/madeusa.shtm

Now consider that according to a judicial interpretation in the state of California, a manufactured item sold in California can contain absolutely 0% of materials and processes sourced from outside the USA.
From a quick reading of the FTC page you linked...that's not far from the federal standards. "All or virtually all" is really close to 100%...LOL...no major components, and nothing that constitutes more than a small percentage to the total manufacturing cost.

The "Made in USA" would be a tough claim to make nowadays when it comes to electronics, I think it's just tougher to bring a case in federal court with all the changes in tort law.

Great link.
Turbo Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 01:39 AM   #25
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Who cares where it is made. If a company is contracting the items being made... tight quality control on their products is a must! It shouldn't matter where it is made as the items need to first pass stringent specs.... otherwise be deemed unacceptable for sale to the consumer.

When it comes to Customer Service though... NOVAK really shines! They are 2nd to None! Kudos to Charlie and the Orange gang!
STEALTH is offline   Reply With Quote