R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 08-17-2007, 06:10 AM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 151 (100%+)

Matt,

Thanks for the info. That's a lot to quote, so I won't bother.

So you say it is worth upgrading the MC330CR. I will get sufficient FETS for doing one of those to see what happens (it is smaller than the Tazer 15T) plus enought to do a Tazer (and buy a Tazer).

What does a "4 volt gate" vs a "10 volt gate" mean?

Regarding 3 or 5 not making sense:

Duh! I hadn't even thought about traces on the top of the board! But I can't see those anyway until I take the FETs off.

However the 3 does make sense according to the ratings of the ESC: 200A forward (2 FET at 100A each) and 100A reverse (one FET). Could the other three be there for some other reason?

Thermal issues: Maybe I will see if I can add more heatsinking to the FETS on the MC330 when I redo it.

My question here is: How can I tell if it is OK to connect the various FETs on the MC330CR to the same heatsink? I obviously don't what to short the thing out after going to the trouble of upgrading it. Do I just check that tabs and if there is already no resistance (zero ohms) between and given pair, the it is OK?

Thanks, Mark

Last edited by ta_man; 08-17-2007 at 06:21 AM.
ta_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 06:33 PM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to sim600

I've had nothing but good times with a Moped Bravo V16R reversible (the red one). Bought it from rcmart.com. US$30 or so before shipping.
sim600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 11:19 PM   #18
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TechWun Send a message via MSN to TechWun Send a message via Yahoo to TechWun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta_man View Post
Matt,

Thanks for the info. That's a lot to quote, so I won't bother.

So you say it is worth upgrading the MC330CR. I will get sufficient FETS for doing one of those to see what happens (it is smaller than the Tazer 15T) plus enought to do a Tazer (and buy a Tazer).

What does a "4 volt gate" vs a "10 volt gate" mean?

Regarding 3 or 5 not making sense:

Duh! I hadn't even thought about traces on the top of the board! But I can't see those anyway until I take the FETs off.

However the 3 does make sense according to the ratings of the ESC: 200A forward (2 FET at 100A each) and 100A reverse (one FET). Could the other three be there for some other reason?

Thermal issues: Maybe I will see if I can add more heatsinking to the FETS on the MC330 when I redo it.

My question here is: How can I tell if it is OK to connect the various FETs on the MC330CR to the same heatsink? I obviously don't what to short the thing out after going to the trouble of upgrading it. Do I just check that tabs and if there is already no resistance (zero ohms) between and given pair, the it is OK?

Thanks, Mark

Mark,

Didn't want you to think I forgot about ya. Will PM the rest of your answers tomorrow sometime when I get the time.

- Matt
Old 08-18-2007, 11:36 PM   #19
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Talking Tekin

also, dont rule out the Tekin Rebel 2 speedy,it handles down to 10 turn motors and Tekin speedys are top notch.

http://www.teamtekin.com/rebel2.html
Piss on holden
dallasv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 11:22 AM   #20
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ERustler
Exclamation

the mamba max ESC is great. works with 5-7 cell nicd/nimh or 2-3s LiPo
completely computer programmable
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There is no such thing as budget RC.
ERustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 12:50 PM   #21
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by berlincam86 View Post
Im trying to find a really good speed control for my rc10. I saw a novak rooster for $40 used. Is this a good speed control for the price or are there better ones? Im trying not to go too expensive. Definetly under $100. It must have reverse and at least a 13 turn limit.
The Rooster is tried and true performer. If it is in good shape, $40 is a good deal. it is a little big for a RC 10 though.
DJ1978 is offline   Reply With Quote