R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 05-05-2003, 11:43 AM   #1
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to omalley
Default Brushless for Offroad

anyone ever use the Hacker system for offroad? like in the B4 or T3.. just curious because wouldnt it have more torque and be better suited for offroad than the Novak?
omalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 09:57 PM   #2
Suspended

I put one in my B3 and i like it better than he novak one it seems to run smoother.
R C king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 10:34 PM   #3
Tech Regular

ive only seen the novak system in a xxx4, whats the diffrence between the two?
xxxtracer32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 09:40 AM   #4
Tech Adept

I have been running a Novak Super Sport brushless in my T3 and just love it. It has boatloads of torque and top speed, I highly recommend it.
KerryG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 10:06 AM   #5
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by KerryG
I have been running a Novak Super Sport brushless in my T3 and just love it. It has boatloads of torque and top speed, I highly recommend it.
same here had it my xxx for a month now and its flawless, trust me it has enough torque for a stadium or buggy!
crono man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 08:20 AM   #6
Tech Adept

I heard that Novak will be coming out with a racer version of the sport brushless, more like a low wind mod.
dkj-M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2003, 07:52 PM   #7
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Correct! Novak will come out with a "racer version" of the Sport Brushless! It won't be out for quite some time though. I would not be surprised if it's next year at the earliest. They are now concentrating on finishing and releasing a Brushless motor geared towards the E-Maxx & T-Maxx users... where a lot of the money is at the moment. After the great reviews I have gotten from actual users on the tracks I have visited around Northern California (plus seeing their smooth performance for myself), I will soon be installing Novak's Sport Brushless Motor into 3 of my buggies. These are the B4, XXX Kinwald, & the XXX-4. Though Novak claims it to be equal to about a 10T single Mod when at it's max, most say it's more like an 11T or 12T single. Either ways, that and it's maintenace free convenience makes it a worthwhile and valuable purchase! Imagine running battery after battery on it without worrying about it getting too hot or having to replace the brushes, brush springs, & dealing with the Comm!?! Definitely making it Worth It! It would hands down win any endurance type races for sure! All we need now is for a Brushless Class to be created at the major races. That or let them compete with the Mod Class once their newer & more powerful motor is out!
STEALTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 01:16 AM   #8
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Check this Site out for even more in-depth answers as to why the technology and application of Brushless Motors are the very near future for most and already are for others. It will only be a matter of time before the Brushless System becomes even more widespread and accepted:

http://www.rcbrushless.com/
STEALTH is offline   Reply With Quote