Wiki Posts
Search

Novak XXtra Module question

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 09:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Novak XXtra Module question

Guys I need some help. I sold a Novak XXtra Module from my M8 the other day to a guy on ebay. He got the thing and wants to use it in his M11 and it wont fit. Does anyone know where to find directions on how to mod the case for the module to fit in the M11.

He says he will keep it if I can provide him with direction on the mod.

I am sure someone has done this before.

Help guy out....

Hitman
Old 08-05-2007, 08:09 PM
Tech Adept

hitman- i dont think the xxtra novak module will work in both remotes, i use spektrum so i dont really know too much about the novak stuff, but i do know that novak makes a newer module called the switch that works in both the M8 and M11....heres the link: http://www.teamnovak.com/products/switch/switch.htm

hope this helps!
Old 08-05-2007, 08:53 PM
Tech Regular

I had the same problem with my module. Turns out that mine was an early one in production. I called novak about this, they told me to cut part on the circit board out with a dremal tool so that the last two pins from the radio will go into the module. (The last two pins are not used anyway with this module.) I did what novak said and it worked perfectly. I've had no problems at all.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

there is an extra pin on the M11 than the M8 where the module plugs in. you need to cut the case where the pins go in to allow for it to fit. the only thing is that the anti lock braking system wont work since the module is for the M8, however the normal brakes will work. but i would double check with Charlie from novak, through their site he will be able to help you both best.