R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 05-01-2003, 09:07 PM   #1
Tech Regular

Default GM v12 question

Ok I just got my Gm v12 esc and i am very surprised at what a significant performance improvement it has over my novak 610, and super rooster. I had no idea there was so much variability between ESCís. Iím amazed at the incredible acceleration the v12 gives, but I do have one question for anyone with experience with GM escís. When I just touch the trigger on my control it seems like the car it almost if not full throttle in a spit second. While I donít mind that much, I would like to able to go slower without letting go of the trigger compleatly. Iíve adjusted my throttle on my control and all that seems to do is effect when the breaks come on, but have no effect on the throttle. The led never goes off it just stays red when it's only supposed to a netral brake and full throttle. Iím sure Iíve just overlooked something but the manual is scarce on info. Other than that so far I love it and would recommend it to anybody. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
midnight oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2003, 04:49 AM   #2
dw
Tech Adept

The trim on the control only affects the neutral position unless it a very cheap radio in which case it may affect the top end as well.

However you shouldn't need to be messing with the throttle trim at all. Have you tried recalibrating the speedo to the transmitter?.
dw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2003, 05:30 AM   #3
Tech Regular

The V12 rules! it sounds like you need to re program your speedo, just program all steps again like you have it now and try again
Hatebreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2003, 09:49 AM   #4
Tech Regular

I've gone through the correct programing many times and nothing changes. The red led never goes out no matter if i'm at mid throttle. I know it's supposed to go out for atleast midrange and come back on at full neutral and brake. I think I'll give GM a call.

Thanks
Old 05-02-2003, 08:50 PM   #5
Tech Regular

Never mind i figured it out. it's working perfectly now. What an amazing little speed control, totally blows my super rooster out of the water.
Old 05-03-2003, 11:25 PM   #6
Tech Fanatic

Location: Beautiful Downtown L.A. Where the sky is always on fire and the grass is always brown
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to minicooper Send a message via Yahoo to minicooper

Midnight Oil - saw your other post about diodes... Use it on the V12. I have one that was used without a diobe and the brakes are gone. So make sure to use one. Cheap insurance...
minicooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 09:57 AM   #7
Tech Regular

Thanks allot i have to admit i have noticed the brakes are weaker allready. I have I havn't done any permanant damage. How long did you go without a diode before your brakes went?

Thanks again
Old 05-05-2003, 12:24 AM   #8
Tech Fanatic

Location: Beautiful Downtown L.A. Where the sky is always on fire and the grass is always brown
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to minicooper Send a message via Yahoo to minicooper

Actually, I bought my first Gm from a buddy so I can't tell you how long he used it before the brakes went. I did send it in to be repair and it could not be repaired so I had it replaced with a new one. I always use diodes even with the ESC'c that have them built in to avoid brake fade and possibly burning them up.
minicooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 08:59 AM   #9
Tech Regular

I'll be getting both types of diodes to be safe.

Thanks