Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to K_King

BUMPAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

19T 4W at the Shootout woooooooo cant wait
Old 06-12-2008, 08:04 AM   #62
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

It should be a very fun class. 19T/10.5 at Nats as well this year!

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 09:46 AM   #63
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
It should be a very fun class. 19T/10.5 at Nats as well this year!
It's not bad, we tried it at our last big race. I like the power though....

a 4wd with a 10.5 is faster then you would think.
Old 06-12-2008, 01:37 PM   #64
Tech Prophet

10.5 in 4wd is a lot of fun. I have been running that motor for a while now. I have been very competative in the mod class with it.

Old 06-12-2008, 02:31 PM   #65
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

So, what's the verdict? 19t. Spec OR Sportsman Mod/no Pros and no motor limit?I agree there should be a place for non pro 4WD racers.But does it need to be a spec/19t class?Sportsman Mod 4WD sounds perfect! No pros or major sponsorships cuz that is a driver of a much higher level. If you can drive at that level and aren't sponsored, you will probably sign up with the pros anyway. Run ANY motor you like. It's up to you to figure out what you can handle.This is for 4WD cars.For 2WD cars you could also do the same format cuz we are seeing "prostock" 2WD buggy classes running 19 turn and 13.5 motors.19 turn is a mild modified, period. If you like it, run it! Although 13.5 isn't a stock motor anymore it is barely a mild modified motor. If you like it run it but we shouldn't have a Spec "Modified" class.It should also be called Sportsman Mod. 2WD!Spec is for stock classes, drivers wheelin "slower" cars.Keep Spec classes for Novice/Beginners and for showin off drivin skills.Prostock is a dialed driver/tuner's Spec class not a mild modified class!!!!!!!!!!Casper, you gotta be feelin this cuz I know guys like you love this class and the rest of us can see what a "dialed" driver does with a STOCK/Spec car!!!!!It really shows in Touring cars too. The prostock guys get these things flying compared to the regular stock drivers and no it isn't always about motors and batteries cuz if they drove your car they would smoke you still!!!!!
Old 06-12-2008, 02:55 PM   #66
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Our local indoor has a good 4wd turn out and alot of guys including myself run the 10.5's. They are very controllable yet plenty fast for our smaller sized indoor.

There is also a 4wd & 2wd spec class("Pro stock" they called it) in our NW winter series (ECT tour,in Washington & Oregon)that is 19t/10.5 BL w/ a spec tire.It seemed to have good turn outs w/ stock guys trying their hand at a slightly faster class and allowed them to race some of the mod guys that ran the spec class as well.
KR145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 04:28 PM   #67
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)

For awhile I was pretty firm in wanting a spec class of 19T for 4wd buggy as seeing guys running stock and trying it myself just sucked. the stock motors at the time would burn up way too easily in 4wd since they were really RPM based, other than the old orion chrome motor which was torque monster. When I started racing in CT 4wd buggy I was running a 19T Quad Mag, worked well. I still think for a motor spec'd class, 19T is a good match for 4wd buggy.

I however can see the benefits of a spec class as well as doing a sportsman class and right now I am leaning towards a sportsman versus pro setup than doing spec. Mainly because the spec class's like stock are not something that a newbie can get started in as a newbie class.

Having a designated sportsman class versus pro will seperate people by what I think matters, skill level. You also eliminate the issue of who has what to run with who.

Ultimately, I think there are benefits to both ideas.
Old 06-12-2008, 04:51 PM   #68
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Not to drag up the whole B vs BL arguement, but at least there were clear cut classes.

Stock- self explainatory
Mod- anything feasable, (usually folks running 15t or less)
19T- Spec class

I was talking to a fellow racer who has been around since the early 90s running RC10s and commented on how much fun it is. She has since upgraded and got a BL system. Was told that 17.5 was what she needed. then, after she shelled out good $$ for it, was told, "well, its going to be this motor." Even with gearing restrictions shes not ready to be thrown in w/ a faster group of people only to have her doors blown off and feel less competitive. Its a tough call.

If it were me This is strictly MOTOR based (forget battery) and skill level at a club level:

Novice- Limited to brushed 24 deg. stock motor (all classes)
Stock- Brushed or BL (whatever the BL equivelant is) (all classes)
Sportsman- 19T Spec brushed motor
Mod: essentially anything goes
FactoryPro: Limited to whatever classes mainly Mod

Now, i do agree, in some respect the "pro" designation needs to get some clarification. I think "factory drivers" need some kind of designation as well. and what classifies someone as a factory driver? a Full sponsorship? partial sponsorship? Sponsorship from a kit mfg vs motor, vs ? Its complicated. I feel bad for lower level drivers who end up competing with drivers who outclass them, and race in lower classes. Seems a bit unfair.

MOmo
"Im not a racer, but I play one on the Internet"
MOmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 05:13 PM   #69
Tech Prophet

10.5 19T is this year only. This year is a transition year. Next year these "pro spec" classes will be 13.5 BL only.

These arguments about how fast a 10.5 or 19T is will be pointless next year as both of those motors will be considered modified by ROAR.

Old 06-12-2008, 05:24 PM   #70
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i would like to see a spec 13.5 or 19t classes. but waiting to see what crcrc does for the midwest winters before i buy.
kstarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 12:12 AM   #71
Tech Fanatic

So what to do for the shootout and the nats. Will a brushed 19T be competative against a 10.5BL. I am thinking I want to go with the 10.5BL but I have a brushed speed controller and motor I can drop right in and it will be alot easier on the pocket book. If the brushed sysytem is a disadvantage I will have to spring for the 10.5BL.
Thanks
www.upgrade-rc.com
661-259-8772
ryno1922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 12:27 AM   #72
Tech Elite

I think a 10.5 will be just as fast if not a little more actually, plus the ease of maintenance is what does it for me
Old 06-14-2008, 10:52 AM   #73
Tech Prophet

19T brushed motors won first and 3rd at the Cactus where they ran 19T and 10.5 BL together in there SRS class. With that being said though I have since switched to 10.5 and feel there is a lot more power in the BL side.

Old 06-14-2008, 04:10 PM   #74
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

? i thought roar made the 19t brush motor, super stock. not that it was going to be considered just another mod motor after this year.
kstarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 04:17 PM   #75
Tech Elite

Right AFTER this year, so HRH Shootout and off-road Nats still use 08 rules.