R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Looking for Ranch Pit Stop logo... (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/172989-looking-ranch-pit-stop-logo.html)

squarehead 07-18-2007 09:51 AM

Looking for Ranch Pit Stop logo...

If anyone with an old decal or REALLY old RC racing magazines has acces sto a decent flatbed scanner, can you please contact me? I am searching for the original RPS logo, and I thought I had an old decal, but it has turned up missing.

Please PM me here or AIM/Yahoo: upon3 if you can help me out.

doug

oople 07-18-2007 10:32 AM

Hey doug, not spoke for a while, I do have stickers with the logo on I think but not much time at the moment (preparing for the Euro champs) so if no one sorts you out remind me and I'll get it scanned.

squarehead 07-18-2007 10:35 AM

Awesome, Jimmy. Much appreciated. If no one else can get something for me, I'll bother you next week. :D

JamesnMeyer 07-18-2007 11:08 AM

I would like to get the image a well. I grew up on that track and sadly cant find any logos now. One day I need to get up in my moms addict and look for the box of trophy's. They have the logo on them as well.

FlyByWire 07-18-2007 11:13 AM

I just came across a bunch of pics from growing up there, when no one made a 10th scale gas truck.. and we all ran the "earls" conversion kit for the LXT... wow....

I still have the yellow logo'd screwdriver in my pit box. I still think about Marcus' greeting on the answering machine there... "....the World Famous Ranch Pit Shop"...

... memories

JamesnMeyer 07-18-2007 11:45 AM

Marcus was a cool dude. He let my layway on my RC10 go over by a few months. I wonder were he is today.

F N CUDA 07-18-2007 12:00 PM

I've got the brown RPS hat from the 97 offroad worlds.
Kind of a fuzzy felt material.

squarehead 07-18-2007 12:23 PM

I got the logo, and am currently working on a sheet of vintage R/C decals. If you're interested, check my progress over at www.rc10talk.com as I move forward. I'm pretty sure these will be available in the near future.

Thanks,

doug

FlyByWire 07-18-2007 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed (Post 3497203)
I got the logo, and am currently working on a sheet of vintage R/C decals. If you're interested, check my progress over at www.rc10talk.com as I move forward. I'm pretty sure these will be available in the near future.

Thanks,

doug

Doug.. please add me to any kind of list that you may have going... as I would love a few sets of these... the Ranch played a big part in my growing up with my dad... Id love to run those on my cars.

S.Heath 07-18-2007 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by JamesnMeyer (Post 3497015)
One day I need to get up in my moms addict and look for the box of trophy's.

Sorry, but I think you mean 'attic'. What you wrote is just sooooo wrong on a couple levels. I don't usually pick on grammar, but I couldn't let that one pass without comment.

JamesnMeyer 07-18-2007 03:48 PM

What was I thinking.

JamesnMeyer 07-18-2007 03:52 PM

What years were you there Flybywire? I started racing at The Ranch about 87 when they had the old track. I Was there every Wed and Saturday for almost 8 years until work got n the way of Wed nights.

Originally Posted by FlyByWire (Post 3497216)
Doug.. please add me to any kind of list that you may have going... as I would love a few sets of these... the Ranch played a big part in my growing up with my dad... Id love to run those on my cars.

FlyByWire 07-18-2007 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by JamesnMeyer (Post 3497688)
What years were you there Flybywire? I started racing at The Ranch about 87 when they had the old track. I Was there every Wed and Saturday for almost 8 years until work got n the way of Wed nights.

I won the Pro-Am in gas truck at 12 years old.. that would put it about 1994'ish (?) Was racing for a few years before that, and lost intrest about a year before the Worlds in 97 (Dad took me to Bakersfield and Vegas to qualify, and I missed it by 3 secconds... discouraged). Always raced with my dad, Mitch.. hung out with Ed Kenny a lot, if that rings a bell at all. Wow, talking about this brings so much back.. Scott Booker's gas truck prototype, Brandon Upshaw (now a losi engineer), Alan Losi, Jim Halsey... wow. :sweat::cry:

I never raced on the old track out back.. but do remember getting sprayed by Paragon in the eyes when my dad was playing around on the big on-road track... the next time we went back... it was covered in dirt... :lol:

jk racing 07-19-2007 11:25 AM

I ran a few times on the asphalt track & the old dirt oval out back, I hung around the Ascot track, RCRC mostly though (late 80's, early 90's). I did go back and race at Ranch pretty consistently in the late 90's also. Sure do miss that Ranch Red Chili.

wow...i feel old now :cry:

JamesnMeyer 07-19-2007 12:48 PM

It's chilly tonight... Chili, did somebody say chili.