Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
I've just read on LosiBk2.com that Team Losi are not sending a team to the worlds. >

I've just read on LosiBk2.com that Team Losi are not sending a team to the worlds.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I've just read on LosiBk2.com that Team Losi are not sending a team to the worlds.

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 07:36 AM
Tech Master

Post I've just read on LosiBk2.com that Team Losi are not sending a team to the worlds.

Say it isn't so?

If it's true, way to promote Losi.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Well, they didnt send a team to the onroad nats this weekend.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:56 AM
Tech Legend

Default No one going ...

Heard its all on account that the two Team Losi driver`s left will be busy that week-end at a "Toy`s R Us" grand opening in Ohio ....
Old 07-16-2007, 08:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I heard that a few months ago. I'm sure Mike Truhe will be sent by Trinity if not by Losi.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:13 AM
Tech Master

Truhe hasnt ran for Trinity since before January. He runs for Novak using their brushless.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joe Pillars
Truhe hasnt ran for Trinity since before January. He runs for Novak using their brushless.
Ha, thats right, I totally forgot that Joe! Well then maybe Novak will send him.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I've known this for quite sometime. I know a Team Losi Driver, he told me about 4 months ago. It's pretty sad if you ask me. Losi has some very talented drivers and being able to not compete in the Worlds must be a slap in the face to guys like Jesse Robbers. To me, it's like Chevy not supporting teams in NASCAR.....
Old 07-16-2007, 08:43 AM
Tech Master

Team Losi seems to be slipping for some reason.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

i'm actually a schumacher guy but i noticed that they were kinda doing the same thing buisness wise a few years ago at the chicago hobby show...they dropped their plans for a new 4wd and 2wd buggies and kept comming out with all the fun stuff...havoc,rascal,menace,fusion and now the riot. losi's going through a mini implosion at the moment, hopefully it won't go full blown implosion...not sending a team to the worlds is shameful and downright pathetic. almost forgot,supposedly schumacher attended some major race checking out the competition and is either going to rerelease the cat 2000 or they are working on a new 4wd buggy.

Last edited by thefnshow; 07-16-2007 at 09:01 AM.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:46 AM
Tech Master

losi isnt owned by racers anymore , heck losi doesnt even race a losi , sad what the big companys do , ray
Old 07-16-2007, 09:48 AM
Tech Addict

-Travis Amezcua goes to Hot Bodies.
-Gil Losi Jr. goes to Kyosho
-Losi releases a 1/36TH scale toy, a drift car with headlights, and a truggy that's pre-assembled.
-Just about every part and tire needed for racing is on Back Order.
- And now they didn't attend on-road nats and aren't attending the worlds?

Who wants to buy all of my losi gear? I'm switching to Kyosho when they release a truck.

On a side note, Mongoose bicycles went through a very similar situation about 7 yrs ago. They used to make high-end only bikes. Then they started releasing a more affordable bike to be able to put on the shelves of WalMart. Suddenly bike shops couldn't move a mongoose bike because people didn't want to think they're $1500 bike was bought at WalMart. But from a business side, Mongoose probably made a killing. Losi's one step away from making the same mistake. If they want to produce toys, release them under a different name, use brand diversification.... like Lexus and Scion.

(sorry about tangent)
Old 07-16-2007, 10:11 AM
Tech Regular

Look at it from a monetary standpoint. To Losi, sending drivers to the worlds in Japan will cost upwards of 10 grand, easily. Airfare is about a thousand each, plus hotel for a week, ground transportation, food, etc. Then, if they do win, they might sell a few hundred more kits than they would otherwise. Also, I don't think Losi is very big in Japan. They could spend that money sending their drivers to a bunch more local races out here and get better exposure for their money.

On the other hand, it's tradition for AE and Losi to battle at the worlds, but oh well.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:17 AM
Tech Legend

The day`s of the Team driver`s are all but over....
Old 07-16-2007, 10:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Too bad about Losi not going to Worlds. Maybe a Kyosho or Tamiya will win? I would like to see Schumacher re-release the CAT2000 if it is the stand up shock version. I'd probably buy one to race in the winter.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:23 AM
Tech Addict

I understand what you're saying but if your estimate is right at ten grand, that's nothing. Do you know how much it costs to advertise in a major publication like RC Car Action?... which by the way I just found a full two page color add for their drift cars in the first few pages. I would think on just an advertising decision, sending a team to the worlds would be a cheap expense. We're not talking about somebody in their basement producing their own kits to sell at their local hobby shop, this is Losi, they're owned by Horizon Hobby. What the big picture looks like to me is that Horizon doesn't see a need to advertise and meet the needs of a small percentage of the RC industry, which is racing. I've spoke to some people at Hobby Town about why they don't carry that many Losi and AE parts, it's because their research shows that 95% of their RC car business is to Bashers. It's pretty obvious that Horizon is trying push Losi into a different direction then what we're use to and want as racers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.