Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
I've just read on LosiBk2.com that Team Losi are not sending a team to the worlds. >

I've just read on LosiBk2.com that Team Losi are not sending a team to the worlds.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I've just read on LosiBk2.com that Team Losi are not sending a team to the worlds.

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 01:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by annie_himself
The XXX-CR isn't all that great to me, I love the heck outta Losi but CR parts fit no problem on my older BK1, thats not saying much as a new buggy, more like new parts. Losi and Xray should get together sometime and actually come out with new cars instead of new parts for everything. They are on version 4 of the RC10. Not the B4. The B3 and B4 parts can't be mixed and matched like on Losi buggies. Alot of Losi's buggies and trucks parts can easily be switched over for different handling style, while tat may help you on the track, it also shows (IMO) that Losi just doesn't give a hoot enough to design a new car from scratch. The EA3 on my buggy isn't the strongest I've seen, why not just plastic like the B4 Stealth has?
Umm a B3 is a different car just like a XX isnt a XXX. Im not sure why you compared them like that but it doesnt make sense. Dont team drivers run plastic? So you buy the FT car, then buy plastic parts. Thats not mix and matching?
Old 07-18-2007, 02:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

Originally Posted by Davidka
it

Maybe they know that going to the world's doesn't have a real effect on sales anymore. Does it really matter to us if the cars are still good (the losi cars are junk comment was just plain ignorant)?
Winning the worlds might not have a huge effect on sales..........but NOT going to the worlds will definitly have a negative effect on sales
Old 07-18-2007, 02:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by K_King
Umm a B3 is a different car just like a XX isnt a XXX. Im not sure why you compared them like that but it doesnt make sense. Dont team drivers run plastic? So you buy the FT car, then buy plastic parts. Thats not mix and matching?
I completely agree. AE does revisions to their kits too they just do not make up new names for them. I am sure Losi will eventually release a new platform (XXXX?).
Old 07-18-2007, 02:59 PM
Tech Master

yea but itll be a rtr , , ray
Old 07-18-2007, 03:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

This comment i am about to make has nothing to do with the fact that Losi arent going to the worlds, this dissapoints me as well but think about this for a minute....

All you guys that are slagging the Losi cars and technology atm, do you guys remember back 5 years ago or were you all not racing then? When i first started racing ( back in about 1995 ) the RC10 was on top, the B2 had just won the worlds and AE was HUGE, the Losi XX was good but wasnt a real world class winning car so to speak, AE was everywhere, Losi didnt have many big name drivers then, Kinwald had just made the swith not long earlier to losi and the gold dust twin era wasnt quite at its peak, then in about 1996 onwards Losi began to rise, they won the 97 Worlds in 2WD and Pretty much dominated from there onwards until 2003~ even if AE won the 99 worlds they werent the dominent chassis of the time they just had the best driver in R/C history driving it, put Masami behind the wheel of a Traxxas and i bet he could beat all the other brands...at this time the XXX platform DOMINATED everywhere, won nearly everything, and not to mention so did Jukka in the 4wd class with the XX4 platform, things are now gone back to AE`s way mainly due to the fact that they have the current fastest drivers on a world level ( not taking anything away from Robbers and Amezcua etc. these guys are just as fast just havent got worlds titles yet ) and ths fact alone makes me believe this is the reason that AE are on top, both cars are just as competitive as each other in all areas of the world, things will change again later on and who knows who will be the king of the era, might even be Tamiya? who knows, but i bet as soon as someone else wins everyone will jump on the bandwagon and be 100% behind them because its cool to be on the winning side, Me... i will stick to my Losi cars, i like them becasue they suit my driving and i love the look of them, always have, thats just my opinion, everyone is entitled to there own.... peace out !
Old 07-18-2007, 03:19 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh H
Winning the worlds might not have a huge effect on sales..........but NOT going to the worlds will definitly have a negative effect on sales
I don't know that it will. I am sure that they have done their research. They might see a few hardcore Losi fans get upset but if the car is good and it continues to do well domestically...

It seems crazy for them not to go but they skipped 1/8 worlds in Indonesia and Mark Pavidis won with a Kyosho. Who is selling more 1/8 kits right now?
Old 07-18-2007, 03:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Kyosho in the northeast, not to many Losi 1/8th fans up here.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

that doesn't surprise me in the least, cause all there drivers are heading out. they are more focused on the RTR market now then the racers. thats another reason why I left Losi. And the other is part quality, especially with front arms and diffs.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XXXCRRacer
that doesn't surprise me in the least, cause all there drivers are heading out. they are more focused on the RTR market now then the racers. thats another reason why I left Losi. And the other is part quality, especially with front arms and diffs.

I never knew Amezcua was all of Losi's drivers. And yes Gil did leave, but he was more of an R&D guy first, driver second, whereas Drake is driver first, R&D second. So I don't see where you come up with all of their drivers are heading out.
Old 07-18-2007, 04:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I have to admit the quality is not what it used to be. I bought two MF2's amd both had fit issues that required me to us larger screws to make the fit tight. this was for both cars. In one of the kits I had XXX Nt stickers and the other had an NT manual We ran them once and sold them.

Anyone who remembers how Losi was in the late 80's/ early 90's can see how bad it has been since the sale to Horizon. Horizon is squeezing Losi for every nickel and could really care less if it turns into another Traxxs type company. I already voted with my wallet and moved to another company. It was sad to see this happen but I am over it now
Old 07-18-2007, 04:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by D Hunt 3
I never knew Amezcua was all of Losi's drivers. And yes Gil did leave, but he was more of an R&D guy first, driver second, whereas Drake is driver first, R&D second. So I don't see where you come up with all of their drivers are heading out.
Gil was the heart and soul of that company and innovated many new designs that helped push the level of racing to new heights. He also helped many get into racing by designing budget kits that could compete and then easily be upgraded to the current performance kit. I viewed his leaving as a very bad sign
for Team Losi.
Old 07-18-2007, 04:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

When I ran my XXX buggy I had issues with front arms constatly breaking. Wouldn't even crash or hit anything and they'd be broken. Also diffs became an issue as well. Having to mix and match parts to get them to work.
Old 07-18-2007, 04:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by JamesnMeyer
Anyone who remembers how Losi was in the late 80's/early 90's can see how bad it has been since the sale to Horizon. Horizon is squeezing Losi for every nickel and could really care less if it turns into another Traxxs type company. I already voted with my wallet and moved to another company. It was sad to see this happen but I am over it now
+1 this is what I believe also. Once they (Losi) were bought out and their marketing game plan changed it was over for the racing division. IMO, that's why Losi, Jr left and this is just one more straw.
Old 07-18-2007, 04:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I think Losi Jr was also "stuck" in a little rut where all he wanted to do was work on race cars, but in order for Losi to grow they cant just focus on race cars (as much as we all would ). When Kyosho gave him the ability to again focus on racing in his little corner he was happy, but KYOSHO makes more RTRs than Losi does (I think), so its odd how people bash Losi for expanding their products to hold more than just pure 250+ dollar racing kits and expect to be a profitable company.

Who knows maybe all those RTR sales will help fund the development of a new car.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

i'm with ya king. i'm about to purchase a losi. all know is the 8ight is dialed and i don't care if its a losi. but i'll proly end up selling it for an rc8

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.