Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Associated B44 is for REAL >

Team Associated B44 is for REAL

Team Associated B44 is for REAL

Old 07-10-2007, 09:14 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tallyrc View Post
now if someone could make a 4wd we could afford that would be cool.. the kyosho is probably the cheapest, but kyosho has a hard time finding america with it's shipments.. and i won't own an academy..
Well with a Retail of 549.00 it should be one of the most affordable 4wd's out there. The TC5 retails for 599.00 and can be found for 325.00.

EA
Old 07-10-2007, 09:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I see it has the raised shock spring retainers (option on the BJ4 but should be standard).

It's hard to lay comment until the rest is revealed. Looks good. Specs sound similar to the BJ but you just never know until you hit the track hey!

Either way, good to see yet another option for this awesome class.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by bender View Post
Are you calling me a liar or kdub

I merely quoted what he said from another site.

If AE were involved right from the start with the BJ4 (as kdubs comments suggest), then my comment about AE being in a "no lose" situation is perfectly correct.

If AE had no involvement with the BJ4 concept and development, then perhaps we can get the real story for once?
You really should not make statements as facts when you have no knowledge of the real story! You are committing libel (making false and defamatory statements in print) and I suggest you delete your original post.

Kdub's statement about Jason and me knowing about the car from the beginning was in reference to the B44. We reached an agreement with Associated and sold the design for the BJ4 Worlds Edition. We also worked with Associated to make the changes that are included on the B44, so we have known about the B44 from the beginning.

Kdub's statement does not mean that Associated designed the original BJ4 and BJ4 Worlds Edition. Both the original BJ4 and the BJ4 Worlds Edition were designed by JConcepts.

There were only two prototype BJ4's at the 2003 World Championships. If Associated had developed the original BJ4, don't you think Mark Pavidis and Billy Easton would have been driving them instead of Jason and me?

Last edited by BradR; 07-10-2007 at 10:34 PM.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:53 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Jack Smash View Post
... have you seen the backorder list for anything Losi lately?
there are many items from many manufacturers B/O'd. It could be the distributor slacking or the manufacturers. I don't know specifics, but i'd sure like to know if AE/TT is producing any generation 3 parts as we do a lot of oval racing and we're looking for truck rear hubs and tranny cases. maybe some of ae brethern can comment on the production status or lack there of of older generation parts. While I certainly don't expect any company to produce parts forever, I just need to know if they are still poppin g3 parts out or if there are plans to.

kurt, brent, cliff, dude sweepin the floor?
Old 07-10-2007, 10:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

But isnt the distributor for Losi also the owner? It is really sad when shock oil is backordered for a month and most of the popular tires longer than that.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

PMD
Old 07-10-2007, 10:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jason Ruona View Post
In reference to Bender's post earlier. That is not a true statement.
Holy crap! It's Jason Ruona!
Old 07-10-2007, 10:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BradR View Post

Kdub's statement about Jason and me knowing about the car from the beginning was in reference to the B44. We reached an agreement with Associated and sold the design for the BJ4 Worlds Edition. We also worked with Associated to make the changes that are included on the B44, so we have known about the B44 from the beginning.

I took his comments to mean that you and Jason knew about the AE car when you were first working on your car, indicating that you knew it would eventually be an AE car.

Obviously I have mis-understood Kdubs original comment then, and I apologise for that.

However, as per usual, you misread my comments - as that's all they were. At no time did I mention my comments as being fact, rather just an opinion based on other's remarks. Of course you seem to take great joy from deriding my opinion, whilst in the same breath defending the rights of others who's opinions just happen to be in agreement with your own

Regardless, I don't go on these forums to post lies, so I don't appreciate being called a liar
Old 07-10-2007, 10:11 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Mr.Maim View Post
Holy crap! It's Jason Ruona!
Who's that.?
Old 07-10-2007, 10:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BradR View Post
Jason is calling you a liar, because you are one. You really should not make statements as facts when you have no knowledge of the real story! You are committing libel (making false and defamatory statements in print) and I suggest you delete your original post.

Kdub's statement does not mean that Associated designed the original BJ4 and BJ4 Worlds Edition. Both the original BJ4 and the BJ4 Worlds Edition were designed by JConcepts.

There were only two prototype BJ4's at the 2003 World Championships. If Associated had developed the original BJ4, don't you think Mark Pavidis and Billy Easton would have been driving them instead of Jason and me?
Double Holy Crap! It's Brad Reelfs!
Old 07-10-2007, 10:20 PM
Tech Lord

I take it these are some of the big boys.?
Old 07-10-2007, 10:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by UN4RACING View Post
Who's that.?
Jason Ruona is CEO and Founder of Jconcepts. Creator of the BJ4 and BJ4WE.

Brad Reelfs is the CTO and Engineer of Jconcepts. Co-creator of the BJ4WE.

...and both are accomplished racers too!
Old 07-10-2007, 10:21 PM
Tech Master

bender- well then sit back and read next time and dont feel compelled to give your 5 cents worth when you obviously have no idea what the real story is!
Old 07-10-2007, 10:23 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Mr.Maim View Post
Jason Ruona is CEO and Founder of Jconcepts. Creator of the BJ4 and BJ4WE.

Brad Reelfs is the CTO and Engineer of Jconcepts. Co-creator of the BJ4WE.

...and both are accomplished racers too!
Cool.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Obviously I have mis-understood Kdubs original comment then, and I apologise for that.

Regardless, I don't go on these forums to post lies, so I don't appreciate being called a liar
I agree that calling someone a liar is harsh, and it made me uncomfortable. However, you were the one who chose that word.

Are you calling me a liar or kdub
Well, kdub's statement was true.

Apology accepted, and thank you for editing your posts.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service